December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through 3 Bobbi Brown correctors over these past few years..HOWEVER...I have been on a search for something better, something more long-lasting and something that doesn't settle into fine lines. I am NC15 (really pale with warm undertones) and I bought this in Light Bisque which is perfect. It makes a crazy difference when you first apply it!

I didn't much like the Bobbi Brown concealer (my match was the colour Warm Ivory) because it was too thick. I used instead the BB corrector with Mac's Studio Finish concealer in NC15, and I used the BB yellow setting powder on top. It never lasted half the day, and it creased like crazy. So a Mac SA proposed I use a Mac eye paint for my under eye area, so I bought "Soft Ocre' which is a bit of a dark yellow for my skin, but it definitely corrects, and with the studio finish concealer on top it's a winner. I love Bobbi Brown products, I use their whole skincare range which I LOVE, but I just can't win with this corrector. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Best corrector by far. Amazing coverage, lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Hannahblannah

I have always suffered from very dark under eye circles which have got a lot worse recently! Even though I was using macs studio fix concealer (nc42) i still needed more to fully reduce the dark circles. After reading reviews on the corrector I decided to get colour matched and was matched with peach. I love it!

Pros:
Great colour match for all skin tones.

Full coverage (could be used by itself without concealer if your circles aren't too bad)

Works well with mac studio fix concealer (can't comment on other brands)

Really reduces the appearance of the circles! My bad circles are still slightly visible but have been reduced a great deal with this product.

Packaging includes a mirror for easy top up on the go.

Cons:
Can look a bit cakey, need to really moisturise eye area before application.

Sinks into fine lines.

Staying power isn't too long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

Holy crap... this is really good. And you need barely anything for it to cover
I have it in the light Bisque.
It is a peachy flesh tone colour.
THIS is the HG under eye concealer.
It's pretty expensive- $30 Canadian at Sephora, but it last forever and is really effective. Dark Circles DISAPPEAR, and in pictures, your eyes look PERFECT.
Really nothing more to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by StargazerLilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this constantly, it works very well. Better than the many different concealers I've tried. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I finally got around to trying this product. I've heard many rave reviews about it, but I thought I was doing fine with my MUF full cover concealer. Lately that has just not been doing it for me, so I went in to Sephora and had the sales girl try this on me. It's AWESOME.

I have SUPER dark heredity circles around my eyes, and my eyes are deep set, which makes the circles look even worse! The circles are a redish, purpleish, blueish colour, so finding something to cover all those colours was a pain.

This product only takes one swipe and the colours are pretty much corrected! The pot I have is kind of peachy. So, one swipe and then I layer a little bit of MUF full cover concealer over it and set it with the MUF HD powder. It's awesome! Looks much better than anything I'vve tried before. It does crease a little bit throughout the day, but I have super squinty-eye when I smile so that will always be a problem for me. I just tap under my eye a little to warm the products up and blend them a little again.

Totally recommend this product. Go try it out first if you are hesitant to shell out the cash for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i absolutely love this correcter/concealer. i have it in dark peach. i love how it totally cancels out the darkness under the eyes. it blends so well with my skin and does not crease. the texture is creamy which is great for under eyes. without this correcter, concealer looks very ashy, no matter what concealer I use. its defiantly a must have. it does seem pricey but it lasts a very long time. I bought it over a year ago and i use it almost every single day. a little dab goes a long way. i still have almost 1/4 of the jar left and i think it will still last me for few months at least. So don't get discouraged by the price of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I have never used a corrector before using a concealer. I didn't think it was necessary. After debating whether or not to buy Bobbi Brown's corrector, I decided to give it a go. My dark circles were concealed well and my eyes looked brighter and less tired. I've tried using the corrector on it's own and it's good enough to use without a concealer as it does a great job counteracting my dark purpleish brown circles. I tried the concealer on it's own and for some reason it looked abit ashy. The MUA colour matched me "peach" as my correcter (which helped brighten and blended well with my skintone) and "honey" as my concealer. It feels creamy, moisturising and lightweight. I set it with either MAC prep + prime transparent finishing powder or Ben Nye bella luxury "banana" powder. I like how it looks before I set my makeup but because I have oily skin and the creamy consistency of the concealer I do need to powder to prevent creasing. I would definitely buy this again despite the price tag - it's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

I have this in Light to Medium Bisque. As someone who suffers from very, very dark purple eye bags, and who doesn't want to wear heavy concealer or foundation, this product has erased most of the evidence of my night owl lifestyle. I say most because while I corrects the pigmentation problem, should I want to completely mask my eye bags, I also need to use an illuminator (Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer/Highlighter). I don't find it cakey or obvious that I'm wearing anything. I'm planning to repurchase in Light Peach to compare the Bisque and Peach shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

****EDIT 8/22/13****

My review still stands as I wrote it below. I've gotten quite a few questions about creasing with this corrector and felt a need to reiterate the need to use a light hand when applying this to your dark spots and circles. This is not a concealer, but a neutralizer that works best with a concealer and light dusting of powder on top. I hope this helps!
*****************************************************************************************************************

I have this in dark peach. This corrector has been a tremendous help with covering up any dark spots and circles on my face. I must admit, I was skeptical about the results I was reading about in various review sites. I'm glad I decided to give this a try as it really works for me.

I apply this with my fingers and blend well. You don't need a lot of this product for it to work. I then apply a very light brush of concealer over the top and set with a light dusting of powder. It gives my face a more brightened look. I have not experienced any creasing with this....I've applied it both before and after foundation and it seems to work the same either way for me.

With a full-coverage foundation, using this gives me a totally flawless face.

It was a bit pricey, but it will last a very long time since I don't need a lot to get great results.