April 23, 2014 | 941 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I appreciate Bobbi Brown's colour palette, so I find her Bisque and Peach colour variations beautiful and truly universal.
However, colour aside, the product itself I find is mediocre. Although it covers well without being too heavy, one- it still looks like makeup and two- it slips away very fast and it settles into fine lines under the eye in the first 5 minutes of application. Therefore, I have limited its use to the inner corner of the eye on the side if the nose, where I get dark, and no longer use it for under the eye.

I find the MAC Pro Longwear concealer (the one in the vial with the stupid pump that always pumps out too much) in NW20 a lot better in terms of staying power without settling into lines and looking lighter on the skin, and also a very good Light Bisque colour equivalent.

3 lippies because it's not a bad product, but it's not great either, given its reputation, price etc. In fact, it's not even "good", it's merely "not bad". I expected more.
I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried to work with this one so many times and with so many combos of moisturizer or primer or nothing since I bought it last summer and each time its a fail.Blends poorly, not as pigmented as Erase Paste, balls up and adding the powder makes it worse.
Definitely creases and makes my under eye lines even more pronounced.Not sure if its over hyped but for me, not a HG, not even close.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do have mixed feelings about this product.. At first it looks amazing. But after a few minutes it kind of creases? I have this in the shade 'Light Peach' and I set it either with my 'Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural' or my 'Ben Nye Banana powder' Using a powder puff.. I tried using other powders but it just didn't work.. :/ The coverage isnt as good as I thought it would be :( Doesnt cover up my dark circles as good as some of my drugstore concealers.. Maybe its because I dont use the creamy concealer after.. I dont really know.. I will probably buy the concealer and it how they work together!
PROS
+ Very cute packaging
+ Quite a lot of shades
+ Mirror included in the little compact
+ Okay coverage
CONS
- Quite expensive
- Creases (even if set with powder)
- Quite drying

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this with high hopes but it is just OK.
my dark circles arent even that epic but i can still see some through this after application. Also i dont like how thick this concealer is. It sometimes looks cakey under my eyes making the under eye ugliness even more uglier than it needs to.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the positive reviews on MUA. At the beginning I was happy with this corrector because it gives a medium coverage for my really dark under eye circles but I notice that it settles into fine lines :( The packaging is great, the texture is right but I can't keep it smooth under my eyes: I moisturize, wear loose powder on top of it, but no matter what I do it always creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by laurenevans23

This is my favorite product at the moment, and I cannot believe I had not discovered it until recently! I have extremely bad dark circles under my eyes, and I have never been able to fully cover them with concealer alone. When the lady at BB recommended this to me, I was skeptical at first, but this product is literally amazing! When applied under concealer, my under eye circles completely disappear. Although this product is a bit pricey, I would not hesitate to repurchase as it really has worked wonders for my dark circles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

NC25, color reg bisque, not light. Not perfect, but nothing close to it out there. Under Cle de Peau concealer, on top of Smashbox undereye primer, and under LM brightening powder - yes I do have problem darkness - it's an absolute necesity.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this corrector about 4 years ago and didn't like it. I believe the SA matched me to a light peach and it clearly wasn't working for me color wise. I decided to pick up this corrector again to see if it will work any better. I purchased the shade Med/Dark Bisque for my NC40 skin. I feel that this shade is absolutely perfect for my skin tone and for the color of my dark hereditary circles. My circles are severe at all times. I was born with them, thanks Dad! My circles are navy blue and if I'm sick they actually turn darker to a faded black :( I've played around with different correctors, mostly the peach and salmon tones but find they make my circles appear darker. I've learned that pink corrects my depth and tone better. The other famous correctors that I've tried were: 1. Eve Pearl 2. Erase Paste and 3. Paula Dorf and all were fails. I do like Bobbi Brown's color choices in this corrector and she understands that some people work better w/ pink (Bisque) or peach tones and as a makeup artist, she does have knowledge about the struggles that come with dark circles. She makes it easy for anyone with any skin tone to find the right corrector for them. I'm going to say that I do feel that this is a good product for mild to moderate circles. However, even with 4 layers, my circles were still quite visible. But, this is better than using no corrector at all. I do love the formula of this corrector. It's not greasy like most pot correctors that I've tried. It's creamy and glides under the eye nicely. I have oily skin and I've found that this doesn't travel or crease. I also like how this works well under my concealer and foundation. The corrector just melts into the skin making you look very natural. The price for this corrector is affordable too at $24(US) and available in most department stores as well as Sephora. The only con is that I wish it had better pigmentation for us with severe dark circles. I've decided to keep this instead of return it. But, I'm still on the search for my perfect corrector. I rate this product a 3.5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product is a great concealer!. It's not too dry and not too creamy. It blends very well. Only a little is needed and it goes a long way.I use light bisque. I also like to use other concealers with my BB one and everything goes on really well. First I use my MAC skin finish corrector in orange/terracotta to erase the darkness of my undereye dark circles. Then I use my BB concealer in light bisque. Then I use my MAC studio finish concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Classydread

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works great for my under eye area. I'm a NC50. I use Deep Bisque before I apply my eye under eye concealer. I then use a NARS concealer stick over it, and set it with loose powder. I always use this corrector under any type of eye concealer that I use.