November 26, 2014 | 1316 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this concealer in "Ivory" for awhile now. I have fair skin and I am Asian. I only use this concealer for the dark circles under my eyes. It covers well and lasts all day. The concealer itself is very sticky and creamy so make sure to finish it off with your face powder over it so it stays. I am almost done this concealer and will definitely go repurchase another one! I bought mine at Murale at the Shops on Don Mills! Great place to shop and get optimum points!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I don't think I've ever had so many mixed feelings about a product before in my life! The concealer is alright...it really brightens the eyes while concealing the subtle darkness I have (I don't really have dark circles...just a little darkness around the corners of my eyes) but the consistency is very sticky...not pleasant. It creases after a while, and I really don't like the powder it comes with. I've never been a fan of Bobbi Brown, but this was less of a disappointment than I thought. I doubt I'll repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

hear great things about this product however it was not what i expected. it does not cover at all. its very drying. don't like the packaging because you have to use your fingers or bring a brush with you. but the worse was the drying part. it made me look like i have bad skin.will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by cjeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second concealer I've ever purchased, and it's definitely not the best one. I heard reviews about how awesome Bobbi Brown concealers are, but they're really not that amazing.

Coverage: I have trouble concealing the redness around my nose and above my lip. The concealer doesn't seem to do anything for me. However, it does cover small blemishes from acne, so that's not a big problem.

Color: I'm peach porcelain and I'm currently NC20-25ish. (It's winter so I'm in between right now)

Usage: I use my finger to apply the product, and it does help the skin absorb the product instead of creating a mask on top of your face. I think using your fingers to pat the product into your skin really helps it blend into your skin so it looks more natural.

I would not, however, purchase this product again because like I said, it did not cover most of the redness around my nose. Instead it made it more apparently by caking up.

I do recommend setting this concealer with a powder to set the tackiness of the cream concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Total change of heart on this product. Gave me a horrible dry rash around my eye and nose where i apply it - and i don't have sensetive skin.. never broke out that badly from anything before. The texture is hard to blend, its quite sticky, also i feel like the powder it comes with just clings to it rather than actually sets it. BUT a lot of people love this concealer. People with sensetive skin - BEWARE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got both the corrector and concealer for Christmas. I'm on a picket fence about both. I love the velvet smooth consistency, making application a tug free process. I find these products to be a bit sheer and last for a short amount of time. I have to really cake on both products, and they never really dry. The colors are wonderful and match perfectly, but I need more coverage and I don't want to wait 10 minutes for my corrector to set in. My mother was so excited to get this for me, I'd hate to break her heart and return them, so I will continue to "pack em on."

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by jh0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know what to think about this concealer (and accompanying powder). For one, it covers my dark (purple-toned) circles, but only for the first few moments that I put it on. Even as I continue with my makeup process, I can slowly see my dark circles showing up again. This is with the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream underneath, which the SA recommended for me to use together with the product. I thought it might have been because the texture of the cream is not very thick as it is water based, but even layered on top of my clinique anti-aging eye cream, which is very heavy, it seems to slide off. Without any eye cream, the concealer by itself, with the powder on top, makes my eye area look very dry and settles into fine lines. This has never happened to me with any other concealer I have used - Mac, Lancome, some drugstore brands - and I don't really have dry skin problems at all.
I don't see how other people call this a long lasting concealer. My experience with the concealer brings me to the conclusion that this is not worth my money (around $70-$80 Australian, don't remember exactly how much). MAC is better.
Sigh. Still on the hunt for the perfect concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this. It is the first concealer that I have re-purchased. I use the shade "porcelain". I find it covers any darkness under my eyes and lasts ages. I got the kit with the powder the second time around and I actually think that the powder sets it very well (I had slight problems with the concealer setting into lines unless I was very careful but the powder has taken care of this).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

I bought both the corrector (in Light Bisque) and the concealer (in Sand) on line but I found the concealer to be a tad too dark even though my foundation shade is Warm Sand. Next time I will go for either Warm Ivory or Cool Sand.
Both products have got the same formulation (identical ingredients) so I do not see the point in buying both, you just have to find the right shade for you in either the Corrector or the Concealer and that will do. The only difference in my opinion is that the Corrector, with its pinkish or peachy tones, has got more of a brightening effect, whereas the concealer with its more natural tones has got more of a concealing effect. If I blend them toghether I simply end up changing the shade of the concealer but as I said if you get the right shade in one or the other product you do not need to own both. Texture wise they are both creamy but they tend to crease a bit and you need to experiment with a moisturizer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. I didn't feel like it provided enough coverage. My blemishes and redness was showing through the concealer. It was fairly creamy and medium coverage. Reccomend it if you don't have that much to cover. But I did return it for too faced absolutely flawless concealer. Much better. Both ideal for dry skin. BB doesn't look cakey at the end of the day.