April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally, I decided to try a TM out and i chose LM TM. This product was disappointing. Money is not an issue, and with such high price, i expected to be somewhat okay. I brought this at Nordstrom and used it for 5 days. It broke me out and I gave it 5 days to see if my skin will adapt it. It didn't. Also, it doesn't have good coverage. I needed something to cover a lil discoloration and redness. I hated the packaging, product is such a waste with the package and it can dirty make up bag! I ended up returning this and went with Nars TM. Btw, my skin is sensitive and dry. & the Nordstrom lady told me it's good for dry skin people.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by NewLookBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I met this tinted moisturizer, I was a total skincare snob. I only trusted my skin the serious SPF and hydrating ingredients of skincare brands, thinking those from makeup brands were mere fluff. Well, I eat my words. This gives my skin exactly what it needs - moisture, coverage and SPF 15 protection - in one easy step. It's cut down my get ready routine by about 5 minutes (my husband is shocked!). But, the best aspect of this product is it's coverage. I have very uneven skin, thanks to hyperpigmentation and old acne scars, and LM Tinted Moisturizer glides over it, blending it in and making my skin tone miraculously appear even and impeccably natural. For the 2 months I've been using this product, I've been getting comments from friends and coworkers about how good my skin look--which, to a gal who's used to having bad skin, is the world's biggest boon. Thank you, Laura Mercier.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by groberts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I have pretty normal skin, this left me feeling really greasy. The tube tends to leak out a lot of product, which is a waste. The coverage is decent, but I just hate how I feel after I wear this for the day. It ends up being more work than a tinted moisturizer really should be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

***I have this in the Oil-Free version.***
I'm in love with the Laura Mericer Silk Creme Foundation, so I decided to stray away from my usual foundation-junkie self and try something new and raved-about for once.
So I went ahead and purchased this. I got it in the shade Bisque, which is a little light for my NC35 skintone.
Its coverage shocked me. I've tried only ONE tinted moisturizer prior to this one, and that was the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer, which apparently has too much coverage for a tinted moisturizer. So, based on reviews, I expected this one to be sheer with maybe a hint of color (that's basically what I imagine when I hear the words "tinted moisturizer"). But its coverage is actually light-to-medium, so that's good! I still have to use concealer for my dark acne marks, though, but that's not a problem as this TM wears well on top of it.
I also love how it has SPF 20! Some people complained that it doesn't have enough SPF, but I think anywhere around 15-20 is perfect for me--I need some protection, but I still want to tan!
On the other hand, I'm not really a fan of the finish. It leaves a sheen behind immediately after application (this is on top of a primer, btw). As you can imagine, what begins as a nice dewy "sheen" turns into oiliness shortly after. So I have to fix that with a light dusting of translucent powder, and a few blots here and there throughout the day (I'm used to it, though, so I don't mind). Hence, I don't recommend it for oily skin, unless you use a powder on top. I'm sure it would look great on dry skin, though.
The lasting finish is pretty good too. It lasts all school day--with minimal physical activity, mind you--without it melting off or fading away. I did wear this in dance class, however, and it turned my whole face somewhat oily-looking. I can imagine, however, that if I hadn't applied a layer of powder on top prior to dance class, I would've looked like I was swimming in oil by the end of the class...
Although I do think that this is a really great tinted moisturizer, and its quality somewhat justifies its price, I still think it's rather expensive at $43.
Would I repurchase? Maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I am love with this stuff after not really liking it the first time around...I purchased it about a year ago, tried it and thought MEH. Well, I just started using again and I realize that I wasn't prepping my skin properly the first time AND that I need to apply it with a stipling brush, not my fingers. I was using this as my sole moisturizer (skin is just too dry for that) but now I use my normal moisturizer, wait a few minutes and then apply this. This product DOES moisturize much like a light to medium coverage (hydrating) liquid foundation and the color is perfect for my skin tone - which is huge since I'm brown with yellow undertones (like Zoe Saldana). Yes, it's pricey but I can attest to the fact that you can literally let it sit unused for a year, shake it up and it's good as new. I totally recommend it to those looking for a buildable, light to medium hydrating foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

After countless quest on searching for a good tinted moisturiser, I finally landed myself one as a gift (talk about law of attraction!).

Upon the first month of using this, I substituted this as a foundation; meaning that I only apply this after my moisturiser and sun block. I didn't like it, because it made my combination skin even oilier ! Even after dusting a layer of powder, my skin did not stay matte for a long time.

However, after much trial and error... I realised if I used this directly after toner, it adheres very nicely onto my skin, giving it a very subtle glow, while keeping my T-zone matte. It's strange that LM's tinted moisturiser gave this effect because texture wise, it's really quite thick (but very spreadable).

Ofcourse, I still had to rely on a concealer of spots, but it does a decent job in evening out the skintone, without looking cakey. The shade for me was in Nude, which I believe is the lightest or 2nd lightest on the colour chart. This shade has a good yellow-undertone to it, and is perfect for an Asian fair-skinned girl like me.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is just looking for a product to even out their complexion. My only gripe on this is that it only comes in SPF 20, which is inadequate considering that I live in the southern hemisphere of the globe which is unfortunately most prone to harmful UV rays. Otherwise, i can totally understand why this product was recommended over and over again in countless beauty magazine ! Highly recommended !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirl25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always worn a true foundation but after reading so many reviews I decided to give it a shot. I went to Sephora and had the full "4 Steps to a Flawless Face" done....seriously hooked after that. I got so many compliments over the next couple days! I really would have never considered a Tinted Moisturizer, but with the primer and setting powder it looks amazing! PLUS it hasn't clogged my pores. Only complaint is the lid doesn't meet the bottle as well as it could.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

hate this,
i made my own tinted one 1.5 pea size of my revlon colour stay foundation,1 pea sized nivea day cream and 1 pea size sunscreen,
great combination for my skin can't be happier!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by puzzana

I think I wanted this product to be better than it really is. I read so many raaaving reviews before purchasing, so I was so stoked to finally try it. My first impression was good- not really as moisturizing as I thought, but gave my skin a good glow and evened out my skin tone. However, after using it for about 3 months i'm not really impressed. I put it on after my regular normal skin-moisturizer and I just can't seem to get an even layer, no matter how I work it in on my face. And adding another layer just make me feel like I have too much product on your face. Gives a good light glow though, and also it feels like it's only good stuff in it, but I think (and hope) that you can find a cheaper alternative with the same result, or better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-lovely, buildable, (magical?) coverage! I have mild-moderate acne (at the time I was using this it was moderate) with scarring. This covered it just as well as my full coverage foundations, to be perfectly honest.
-moisturizing. It didn't show off my flaky patches as so many foundations like to do -_-
-very natural, seamless, dewy look.

Cons
-not a very impressive color selection.
-not very good packaging. Leaky, messy cap, and the squeeze tube left a lot of product impossible to get to.
-no oil control. Get the oil free version if that's something you require!
-oxidized on me! Not something I can deal with in a foundation.

Bottom line- I really loved the coverage and overall look of this tinted moisturizer. Like, really really really super duper uber loved. Unfortunately, the oxidization was a deal breaker. If this doesn't oxidize on you, you can find a good color match, and you don't have oily skin- get this! For example, my mom absolutely loves this, and it looks wonderful on her.