October 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gives a flawless and unmade up look. It covers imperfections and looks so natural just as if I'm not wearing makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the oil-free version, but have recently switched to the original. There is a really irritating problem with the product leaking out (pooling in the cap) that I never noticed before in several years of use with the oil-free one. I feel that I like the original TM quite a bit better in general, though; even beside it being better suited to my dry skin, I find that it gives a less made-up look. This is of course either positive or negative, depending on your skin quality. I have to admit that I have pretty sad skin right now in its bare state -- it's red and covered in hormonal breakouts every other week, and I have flaky dry patches on my forehead and nose. This tinted moisturizer gives a soft, dewy look while also blurring the problems a bit. Wearing a light all-over base like this just means that I can use heavy concealers on my problem areas without it being too stark, and overall my skin looks fairly healthy. The color match works well for me (Porcelain), but be warned that there's a big jump between the lightest and second-lightest shades... I'm not sure if the rest of the spectrum follows suit.
UPDATE: This definitely breaks my skin out. I'm not really sure why; I don't always have a problem with either oils or silicones. It's undeniable that whenever I use this, I get a few whiteheads and a few small cysts (!), which is something I'm not really prone to any more. I'm on birth control and don't really break out "naturally" anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mandycxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favourite item in my makeup bag, probably one of the only ones I take with me everywhere. I use Bisque in the oil free version and it's an absolutely perfect match for my skin colour and skin type. The thing I love most about this product is how light it is on my skin, I never feel cakey with this, even when I add bronzer on top. I use it during the day at work or when I go out at night with a bit of concealer and MUFE HD finishing powder to set it.
The packaging isn't horrible but I do wish they could come up with something better, as I find a lot of the product ends up wasted in the lid. I'm extremely picky when it comes to what I put on my face, so the fact that the packaging is the only thing I can complain about really says something.
The price is a bit on the expensive side, my Sephora sells it for $55.00 but it's well worth the price to me as a little goes a long way with this product.
The best aspect to this product in my opinion is the fact that you don't come out white faced in photos which I have had many issues with in the past using other products. Nothing ruins a photo more than when your face and body are significantly different shades.

Love love love this stuff, and I will definitely be buying more in the future!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

At the beginning I just could not get a smooth application. It's not buildable, it just pills up when you try to put more over top.

First of all, the shades aren't great; I needed a light shade to go with my yellow-undertoned skin (NC 20 in MAC, buff chamois in Revlon Colorstay); porcelain was too light and pink and nude was to dark. I mixed the two to get a decent shade but that would get annoying after awhile.

By the end of the day, my faced looked oily and the product bunched/balled up in places and looked cakey.

Chucked my sample tubes, terrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by iitsemm

This is one of my all time favorite products and I use this everyday. I've tried many different foundations and tinted moisturizers and this is really the best. It is very lightweight and not heavy and oily. Other foundation or tinted moisturizer feel like its weighing my face down, not only that, but by the end of the day, friends have been noticing that my face looks so oily. This is a great product for acne because when you apply this over acne, it doesnt flake or appear greasy. When it is applied over acne scars, it doesnt turn that spot into a nasty purple shade. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed and protected under the spf 20 throughout the whole day. Great product, highly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the tinted moisturizer alot more than the full foundation. Its quite expensive, i believe my local sephora sells it for 48.00 but a tube will last me about 5-6 months and i pretty much use the product every day. I use my fingers to apply the product, i find that if i use a brush it eats up the product and i end up using more. It has light converage and i always set mine with a translucent powder on top. I have a bit of broken capillaries on my cheeks, they usually do show through but not very noticeable. I've repurchased this product 3 times.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Bainsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Absolutely fantastic if you can find your right shade! I have been using this for over 7 years now and have not looked back. I use the sand color and use a light setting powder with a concealer for under the eyes.
I often get asked what foundation I am wearing and get lots of compliments on how radiant and luminous my skin looks. It is expensive but totally worth the money as one tube lasts round 4-5 months. Now it is also available in a compact which I am interested to try :))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in the lightest shade. It was an ok but not great skin match. I wanted a BB or tinted moisturizer & it was the best match I could find at the time. Although I purchased it I had also asked for a sample. I used the sample up & never even opened the new box. It went on too shimmery & caked on looking no matter how I tried applying it. The shimmer may help difuse light and soften the look of wrinkles on some, but I thought it aged me. I used Pur Minerals "Light" for a time, but it was a tiny bit too dark & orange. I recently switched to the Stila "Light" Tinted Moisturizer. So far, Stila is the best formula and color match for me. This TM seems to work for some but I did not like it at all in the end. I think back & wonder "what was I thinking?" When I bought it. It must have looked ok under the harsh store lighting. It does not go on natural looking & it was not flattering at all. My skin looks better with no makeup than when I used this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by teenadearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went to Sephora to hunt down some tinted moisturizers. I asked a nice lady to help me, and she pointed me to these. She gave me a sample in Bisque.
It doesn't cover well, nor did it match me. It's a little too dark, but the lighter shade is too light. That's okay though, because it's not meant to cover blemishes. As a moisturizer, however, it didn't really hydrate my skin. My skin didn't like it, but it also didn't NOT like it.
Thank goodness for samples; I would have been devastated if I bought the entire thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Bibijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the illuminating tinted moisturiser in Warm Radiance. Wonderful product!!!
I find if I use this sparingly it looks better - too much makes me look greasy - but applied thinly with a light touch, on top of ordinary moisturiser ( as this is not moisturising enough to use on its own), this gives my 50 plus skin a fresh dewy radiance. even after a late night!
I never wear foundation, don't like the tight / heavy feel of it on my skin, or the look of it ( too obvious), but this product looks sheer and natural and still manages to make my complexion look radiant.
Highly recommended - and it lasts ages if used sparingly.