December 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

For some reason I always come back to this product. The scent has a faint hint of cucumbers, which I find to be mildly uplifting. The scrubbing beads aren't too harsh and do a good job of keeping my skin free of dry patches. I can't say whether this cleanser reduces my acne since I don't really break out. It doesn't leave my skin dry and gives it a smooth texture. That may be attributed to the considerable amount of wax in the product though. Nevertheless, it has never broken me out before and I might go back to it in the future. I stopped using this cleanser because I started using a salicylic acid acne spot treatment cream and didn't want to compromise the barrier of my skin. The beads are round.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sjf609

i've been using this scrub for a few days now. overall, i'm satisfied with it thus far. it is very gentle and has a pleasant, refreshing smell. however i am not satisfied with how it does not remove makeup well. today i had to use the scrub 3xs to get all of of the residual makeup completely off :( i wash my face twice a day (morning/night), so i'm thinking of only using this in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not usually like drugstore face products, but this is an exception. This is creamy with little beads in it. It goes on very smooth and does a good job at cleaning with not feeling rough. I use this a lot on my chest, back, and neck and it really makes a difference. If I forget to use it then I have breakouts popping up. I have used this on my face, but not very much because I use the DDF brush to deep clean my skin. When I did use this on my face it did feel nice. There are only two problems I have with it. One is the packaging. This always seems to keep water in it that makes the inside lid yucky. The other problem is the little beads tend to grip my skin a lot. I find I have to really rub my skin to make sure I get all the little beads off while in the shower. There have been several times that I have had the little beads left on my skin that I have to try and get off before I use my lotion. Besides those things, this product really does a great job. If they changed the packaging, it could be passed off as a more expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by natalllz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i lovelovelove this facewash! perfect for traveling because it has very convenient packaging. i have dry skin and was scared it would dry it out, but it didn't! i think i will always after you rinse it off, your skin, it has a very cooling sensation. it reminds me a lot of this gentle Clinique scrub i've used before (but for a fraction of the price) i think i will always use this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xotara912

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOOOOOOVE THIS! Works amazing at getting rid of breakouts, I don't use anything else and I HIGHLY recommend it. It makes my skin feel so clean & it smells pretty good too. Overall, I just love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by gigglymonkiez

I LOVE this scrub. It's very gentle, and even though the micro exfoliating beads are small, you still feel like it's working. After using this, my face has a very "clean feeling". I like trying different products (I'm usually not the type to buy the same product again), so I'm going to try St Ives next, but I will definitely come back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

has a nice gentle exfoliation that the beads give. cleans your face very well & shouldnt be used everyday however.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by zgreatscot

I have oily/combo skin like kevlar so I wasn't afraid of this cleanser stripping my dermis dry of moisture - which is incidently, precisely what my derm recommended I should do for my comodone-prone skin condition .

I bought this because it 1. had salicylic acid and 2. was a scrub! I need as much ammunition to fight my oil secreting pores as I can fill my bathroom vanity shelf.

The tingly minty methol feeling was nice in summer but not so pleasant in winter when I was staying in a building without indoor heating and had to wash my face with cold water because we had to save precious dregs of hot water for warm showers. But I'm sure most MUA'ers live in lovely heated buildings with generous efficient boilers so that wouldn't be a concern. And one does get used to it after a while.

I can't say this scrub worked any better than any other salicylic acid based foaming daily scrubI've used. But in terms of using the round microbeads as exfoliant, I loath it. Like some of the other reviewers said, there wasn't enough of the beads for it to be truly effective as an exfoliant. I ended up using this in conjuction with a muslin cloth to keep my face baby smooth.

But what really annoyed me was that these balls would get into my eyes and scratch my eyeballs. Sure, loads of other grainy scrubs get into my eyes when I use them on my face, it's inevitable, but none are as uncomfortable as these microbeads when they get into your eye. Avoid if your eyeballs are not so kevlar-proof!

Pros:
- nice, creamy, generous lather
- pleasant smell
- contains BHA

Con:
- microbeads

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product when I was fifteen, veered away from it to try out different products, and then came back because I remembered how much I liked it. This has salicylic acid in it which I find a lot less harsh and drying for me than benzoyl peroxide. I like how it's gentle enough to use for every day and doesn't feel as harsh as most scrubs. If you have moderate to severe acne, I don't think this will help you clear up your skin so I would rather recommend going to a dermatologist. But if your skin is currently pretty good and you want to maintain your clear complexion, then I would reccomend it. The menthol gives it a nice cooling sensation which I love. If you lack motivation when it comes to taking care of your skin, I think this would help you because it feels really refreshing.
Edit: I've never had a problem with large pores. The only place that they are visible is on my nose, but even then they're pretty microscopic and require looking really closely into the mirror to be able to see them. I've been really good about consistently using this every day and strongly feel it has kept me from getting bad breakouts. However, it's not as effective on my nose as it still gets super oily and has small red bumps. Barely noticeable, but annoying nonetheless. I guess that's where their nose strips come in, so now I feel obliged to try them. Damn their marketing scheme.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Alayned

First of all, I have acne-prone, combination skin and pretty much every product I have tried caused me to either break out or dried out my skin like no other. This cleanser/scrub is the ONLY product that does neither. My skin has caused me to have almost zero self confidence, but after using this I have started to gain it back.. I'm so happy I decided to give this a try. I've been using this for about two months and I never, ever bought a product more than once before. I like its creamy consistency and the tiny exfoliating beads which are very gentle (gentle enough to use every day, twice a day). I also like the cooling sensation you receive while washing your face. It just feels good to use. I noticed remarkable results just after one use (no lie!). Just a couple of days ago I wanted to use a self tanning lotion on my face and that was baaaaad idea. I broke out the next day. I used this product and my skin is almost clear. So, you should definitely give this a try!