August 30, 2014 | 1880 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by gigglymonkiez

I LOVE this scrub. It's very gentle, and even though the micro exfoliating beads are small, you still feel like it's working. After using this, my face has a very "clean feeling". I like trying different products (I'm usually not the type to buy the same product again), so I'm going to try St Ives next, but I will definitely come back to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

has a nice gentle exfoliation that the beads give. cleans your face very well & shouldnt be used everyday however.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by zgreatscot

I have oily/combo skin like kevlar so I wasn't afraid of this cleanser stripping my dermis dry of moisture - which is incidently, precisely what my derm recommended I should do for my comodone-prone skin condition .

I bought this because it 1. had salicylic acid and 2. was a scrub! I need as much ammunition to fight my oil secreting pores as I can fill my bathroom vanity shelf.

The tingly minty methol feeling was nice in summer but not so pleasant in winter when I was staying in a building without indoor heating and had to wash my face with cold water because we had to save precious dregs of hot water for warm showers. But I'm sure most MUA'ers live in lovely heated buildings with generous efficient boilers so that wouldn't be a concern. And one does get used to it after a while.

I can't say this scrub worked any better than any other salicylic acid based foaming daily scrubI've used. But in terms of using the round microbeads as exfoliant, I loath it. Like some of the other reviewers said, there wasn't enough of the beads for it to be truly effective as an exfoliant. I ended up using this in conjuction with a muslin cloth to keep my face baby smooth.

But what really annoyed me was that these balls would get into my eyes and scratch my eyeballs. Sure, loads of other grainy scrubs get into my eyes when I use them on my face, it's inevitable, but none are as uncomfortable as these microbeads when they get into your eye. Avoid if your eyeballs are not so kevlar-proof!

Pros:
- nice, creamy, generous lather
- pleasant smell
- contains BHA

Con:
- microbeads

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product when I was fifteen, veered away from it to try out different products, and then came back because I remembered how much I liked it. This has salicylic acid in it which I find a lot less harsh and drying for me than benzoyl peroxide. I like how it's gentle enough to use for every day and doesn't feel as harsh as most scrubs. If you have moderate to severe acne, I don't think this will help you clear up your skin so I would rather recommend going to a dermatologist. But if your skin is currently pretty good and you want to maintain your clear complexion, then I would reccomend it. The menthol gives it a nice cooling sensation which I love. If you lack motivation when it comes to taking care of your skin, I think this would help you because it feels really refreshing.
Edit: I've never had a problem with large pores. The only place that they are visible is on my nose, but even then they're pretty microscopic and require looking really closely into the mirror to be able to see them. I've been really good about consistently using this every day and strongly feel it has kept me from getting bad breakouts. However, it's not as effective on my nose as it still gets super oily and has small red bumps. Barely noticeable, but annoying nonetheless. I guess that's where their nose strips come in, so now I feel obliged to try them. Damn their marketing scheme.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Alayned

First of all, I have acne-prone, combination skin and pretty much every product I have tried caused me to either break out or dried out my skin like no other. This cleanser/scrub is the ONLY product that does neither. My skin has caused me to have almost zero self confidence, but after using this I have started to gain it back.. I'm so happy I decided to give this a try. I've been using this for about two months and I never, ever bought a product more than once before. I like its creamy consistency and the tiny exfoliating beads which are very gentle (gentle enough to use every day, twice a day). I also like the cooling sensation you receive while washing your face. It just feels good to use. I noticed remarkable results just after one use (no lie!). Just a couple of days ago I wanted to use a self tanning lotion on my face and that was baaaaad idea. I broke out the next day. I used this product and my skin is almost clear. So, you should definitely give this a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tali07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I suffer from mild acne and am always trying new products but this is one I always return to. It has a cool feeling when applied to the face and I can really feel it cleaning my skin. Whenever I have a breakout it always seems to clean it up within a timely manner. It is a good product for the price and easily accessible.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BexterV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I suffer from occasional acne, usually stress or PMS triggers it or I have a reaction to trying a new skin product.
When I was a teenager I tried all sorts of different acne face washes including this one but found they either didn't work at all or made it worse and so I gave up.
For years now I've just been using Dove's sensitive skin non-comedogenic face wash and it has done neither anything bad nor anything great for my skin.
I picked this up recently because it was on sale and my boyfriend had been bugging me to try something for my acne. I expected no results given that salycic acid hasn't helped me in the past and this product in particular didn't work for me before.
I've been using it for 3 days and my skin has already cleared up, my skin hasn't looked this good in ages. I've been using it in conjunction with Clean&Clear's finishes moisturizer and my skin isn't dry or flaky anymore, it's smooth, my blemishes have noticeably decreased and my face is glowing.
I hope these results will be consistent because that would mean I've finally found something that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin, as well as oily skin, so I need something to control both my over active t zone and acne. This scrub has done just that. I have experienced all types of acne: cyclic, red bumps, clogged pores, tiny and big zits, you name it. Everywhere I go I try to look for something, anything to get rid of these bumps. At last, I have found just that. I've been using this product for over a year now and I am so happy I discovered this. My skin has never looked better. I don't know what it is about biore but this scrub did unclog my pores (for the most part) and kept my skin from overpouring with oil. I can honestly say this is my HG scrub! I recommend this for peole with oily skin and acne prone skin like me. If you have dry skin I advise to use this maybe once every few days. It does have a slight scent to it, I think cucumber or melon but despite that, it provides me with the right amount of treatment. It's cleared my skin significantly, and I have tried a lot of products, only to come back to this. Highly recommend, and I definitely will repurchase. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pore unclogging? Um...no. This product really did nothing for my skin and quiet frankly, I don't know why I didn't return it. Since I am stuck with it, I am mixing baking soda to it to make it into a paste to exfoliate. Then I will never purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TheHannahBeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product!
I have been suffering with acne for about 7 years now, and most scrubs either break me out, or don't do anything at all. A friend of mine reccomended I try Biore skincare products, so I picked up this scrub. It has a cucumber/watermelon scent to it.When first applied, the scrub feels a bit tingly.

This product really helped my skin start to clear up, and I had a huge reduction in pimples. I ended up buying th entire line of products! I would highly recomend this product, I'm on my 3rd tube of it. It truly scrubs away dead skin cells off the face, leaves skin feeling soft.