July 22, 2014 | 1906 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M Clothing (General)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by cms101

Love going to H&M and picking up cheap nice clothes. However the only problem is you walk down the high street wearing that new H&M top, only to find that about 20 other people have the same one! H&M used to be cheaper as well.. i find the prices creeping up and up..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xtenix

H&M use to be better. Better quality and better looking clothes. Not to mention they became more expensive! They followed the fashion trend, but I don't think they have their own brand style at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 7:54:00 AM More reviews by makeupthebreakdown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so bored I've resorted to reviewing clothing on this site! I think H&M clothes are ok.. I have a few pieces, however I have seen some hideous, hideous things in that store. I also confess that I've bought a few of those hideous pieces when I thought they would look good. As far as stores at the mall go, H&M is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's sad, but my H&M clothing is MUCH better quality and has held together better than my J.Crew and Banana Republic clothing. It seems to have gotten better as those companies have fallen off. I just wish the stores were less busy in NYC, but there's a reason they are popular!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Saturngrl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I buy a couple of tops there every season. If I want to spend as little money on a pair of pants, I go to Forever21. I am a size 10 and Forever's large fits me perfectly. I like H&M for tops because they carry bigger sizes than a lot of other contemporary and inexpensive stores. I don't expect these clothes to last me for ages, but if I am looking for a quick update to my wardrobe, H&M does the job. I used to shop in Zara before H&M ever came around and now I find that Zara's stuff got worse in quality and higher in price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pumpkin500

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in England, and was absolutely appalled when I moved to the States and was confronted with the worst clothing options! In my mall there was a Forever 21, and a general array of 'surfer-preppy' stores such as American Eagle. The only decent store was Charlotte Russe. Since then, my mall has had an overhaul, and we are soon going to get an H and M. Hoorah! They have cheap, fairly stylish clothes. I think it's funny though, that despite hailing from a pretty small city in the UK I had many more clothing options there than here in L.A-the capital of style! I'm hoping we soon get a TopShop (the BEST fashion store bar none), a New Look, and a Miss Selfridge. Till then, I will get my kicks at H and M. I don't mean to criticise the U.S or California (where I live) but surely we can manage a few more stylish, not-too-pricey stores????? If Europe can do it, so can we!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

For the record, I think H&M clothes are cheap, threadbare, rags (tho stylish & trendy, LOL), only suitable for females who don't top the scale over double digits. Well, maybe a tall, 100- pounder could pull H&M clothes off, too. [Anybody over 110 pounds better shop somewhere else.]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mon0818

I can't agree more with the comment below. H&M's concept is a fun and light-hearted wear at affordable prices.

Of course designer items are a lot nicer in terms of quality, but it wouldn't have been possible to go with a new style every week (or every day!) They have nice things in good quality too, but the price aren't as attractive as their cheap and cheerful lines.

Personally, I wouldn't recommand H&M suits or pants but its a great place to grab some causal wear for weekends or even party wears - so you can look "a la mode" with a surprisingly low budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaSurferGirl626

H&M is AWESOME!!! I love their Divided red collection, i have olmost everything from it. Wish i lived somewhere where they had H&M..... oh well. My latest obsession in Neu Look. They're in the uk and france. I really need to move to euorope. And to the people that keep saying " H&M looks like it's for teenagers" You're right it is! and teenagers want cute, in style cheap stuff that they can throw away w/o feeling guilty next season and having their dads take away their credit cards for spending like, 2000 bucks on a new wardrobe every season.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Everyone who is ranting about the quality of fabrics at H + M seems to be missing the point entirely! The whole idea is that it's 'fast fashion' as they call it. The clothes are uber trendy and fashionable and are designed to be thrown out after each season - hence the really low prices. Take my advice - buy your basics that you are gonna want to wear year after year (well cut black trouser suits/cashmere jumpers/silk blouses e.t.c.) at designer or high-end stores, and then 'bulk up' your wardrobe each season with what's in.