April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M clothing in general

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pumpkin500

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in England, and was absolutely appalled when I moved to the States and was confronted with the worst clothing options! In my mall there was a Forever 21, and a general array of 'surfer-preppy' stores such as American Eagle. The only decent store was Charlotte Russe. Since then, my mall has had an overhaul, and we are soon going to get an H and M. Hoorah! They have cheap, fairly stylish clothes. I think it's funny though, that despite hailing from a pretty small city in the UK I had many more clothing options there than here in L.A-the capital of style! I'm hoping we soon get a TopShop (the BEST fashion store bar none), a New Look, and a Miss Selfridge. Till then, I will get my kicks at H and M. I don't mean to criticise the U.S or California (where I live) but surely we can manage a few more stylish, not-too-pricey stores????? If Europe can do it, so can we!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

For the record, I think H&M clothes are cheap, threadbare, rags (tho stylish & trendy, LOL), only suitable for females who don't top the scale over double digits. Well, maybe a tall, 100- pounder could pull H&M clothes off, too. [Anybody over 110 pounds better shop somewhere else.]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mon0818

I can't agree more with the comment below. H&M's concept is a fun and light-hearted wear at affordable prices.

Of course designer items are a lot nicer in terms of quality, but it wouldn't have been possible to go with a new style every week (or every day!) They have nice things in good quality too, but the price aren't as attractive as their cheap and cheerful lines.

Personally, I wouldn't recommand H&M suits or pants but its a great place to grab some causal wear for weekends or even party wears - so you can look "a la mode" with a surprisingly low budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaSurferGirl626

H&M is AWESOME!!! I love their Divided red collection, i have olmost everything from it. Wish i lived somewhere where they had H&M..... oh well. My latest obsession in Neu Look. They're in the uk and france. I really need to move to euorope. And to the people that keep saying " H&M looks like it's for teenagers" You're right it is! and teenagers want cute, in style cheap stuff that they can throw away w/o feeling guilty next season and having their dads take away their credit cards for spending like, 2000 bucks on a new wardrobe every season.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Everyone who is ranting about the quality of fabrics at H + M seems to be missing the point entirely! The whole idea is that it's 'fast fashion' as they call it. The clothes are uber trendy and fashionable and are designed to be thrown out after each season - hence the really low prices. Take my advice - buy your basics that you are gonna want to wear year after year (well cut black trouser suits/cashmere jumpers/silk blouses e.t.c.) at designer or high-end stores, and then 'bulk up' your wardrobe each season with what's in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brand gets so much positive press from fashion editors, I had to try it. I bought a top, an evening dress and a bra, and I have already consigned the top. The other items are so scratchy, they're going into the trash as soon as I have worn them once. This brand is the biggest pile of crap and hype I have ever seen. If you like cheap, shiny polyester clothing, boring colors and the look of mass-produced trailer trash, you'll like H&M. Why H&M gets high ratings on this board while J Crew's beautiful wool tailored pieces gets low ratings leaves me scratching my head. I think America prefers disposable, trendy clothing over quality natural tailored pieces, and this board reflects that notion.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

I love this shop ! With so low prices and wide range of clothes each time I go there, I buy for sure !!
I finally found a shop where I can buy something different, and sometimes replica of vintage modelsc
I have a wonderful f60 style green skirt that looks so precious and elegant, each time I wear this I get so many compliments !! Full price: 19,90 Euro. And the accessories corner ?? Well it is not a cornet itfs a plaza !! So many earrings and hair clips you go crazy. You know what ? Each shop is big and with wide assortment, but you can change shop and find a totally different selection !
For example, downtown Milano shop is dedicated to very young girl (15-> 25 years) with a lot of punk, f70 style and colourful clothes. At the Mall on the highway youfll find a H&M shop full of classic and better quality clothes (what about my still wonderful 4 years old cashmere coat ?). So, keep searching and visiting those shops the assortment seems to be with no limits !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Djamilla

I really like H&M clothes. They last for a long time for the price. And they will look good after allot of washing them. But the basic t-shirts/tanktops arent really good quality, as the stiches tend to get loose (sorry if i spell it wrong) at the bottom. I buy H&M clothes all the time though.
The underwear isn't really good quality. After one year the bra's don't look nice and are damaged. But for the price it's ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ilovelondon

I first found H&M in Europe and then again in NYC & Washington D.C. I was disappointed to learn that H&M was not offered here in Soutern California, but now I am sooo excited that they are finally here (and within driving distance)! The only complaint I have with their clothing, is the jeans I bought in D.C. in March 2006 ripped twice..once by the front left pocket and another on the lower calf portion of the right leg. Other than that, I love this brand!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will only buy their tops and blouses. They are as good as more expensive brands. All underwear I bought from them have been bad quality I once bought a bra there was one cup way smaller than another WTF? I once bought training pants and one leg was shorter than another. IS it just me being exceptionally unlucky with them or are the people who are sewing their clothes drunk or blind? All jackets I bought lost their buttongs quickly. Womens Jeans are not made for women. They dont sit well on my JLO curvy bootylicious body. They are made for someone with AJ type lanky waist body. I am kind of pissed off. For Jeans I really like LEWI'S. I know theyll fit me. But Ill continue buying their tops because they are allright.