October 25, 2014 | 1540 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kimmation

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first started using All Soft I thought that I'd found the answer to finally control my thick, semi-curly, long hair. Then after a couple of months I noticed that when I let my hair dry naturally the curl was gone and it would just dry into a big ball of frizz. After a while I noticed a slick feeling in my hair and thought maybe I should use less Kerastase Oleo Relax which tends to be a bit heavy. The last straw was when my hair started to fall out from the root after applying the All Soft conditioner! I was losing double to triple the amount of the small clump that normally comes out in the shower. Once I realized that it was the shampoo/conditioner I came here and saw that a few others were having this experience. I went out that night and bought the L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and my hair stopped falling out right at the first usage.

I've never experienced having my hair fall out from a product. It was not fun and even a little scary. I wasn't positive if it was the All Soft or maybe it was hormone related, but I've been using the sulfate free shampoo/conditioner for a couple of months now and I've gone back to the normal hair loss in the shower. Plus, today I let my hair dry naturally sitting and I'm sitting here typing this with a head of curly hair and minimal frizz.

On another note, I really do love the L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and it's so much cheaper than Redken, but that is for another review.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AllieWeaver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Redken All Soft conditioner has been my favorite conditioner for the last seven years, since I was in eighth grade. The product has been reformulated since I first started using it, and while the reformulation was unfortunately not for the better, it doesn't change the fact that I haven't found anything better. The product leaves my hair much, much softer than any other conditioner, and I love that the softness isn't just a fatty coating like many others, but leaves my hair softer because it's actually increasing the health of the hair. Since I started using this conditioner, I have always been complimented on the health of my hair by barbers and asked what I use on my hair - a HUGE compliment in my eyes since they typically want to sell you their product, not ask you what you use because your hair is so nice! I quit using the All Soft conditioner for a bit to use up some others I had accumulated a year ago, and my hair stylist commented on how dry my hair was and asked if I would be interested in buying product from her - proof that I owe the health of my hair in a large part to this conditioner.
I never purchase the conditioner at full price - stock up on liter sales at stores and salons!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good conditioner and I would certainly repurchase it in the future if needed. It left my dyed hair feeling a lot softer, but I also use a sulfate free shampoo by Traite, and I'm sure that helps matters. Definitely worth it. I am about to try out the all soft heavy cream, to see if I like that product better. We shall see.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am a DEVOTED fan of the all soft shampoo and all soft "heavy cream".
(and the"crema care" from the real control line)
i love the shampoo,it makes my hair very soft just like its name and shiny and smells good and i will never use anything else but the redkens all soft line.(and this comes from a girl who is a hair product "junkie" that tried ALL the high-end brands and lines)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the "heavy cream" it makes my wavey frizzy hair hair super soft and manageable and shiny
but i just HATE the all soft conditioner,didnt do nothing for my hair and left it stringy and hard,just didnt fell soft or looked shiny at all im never gonna use it,just stick (like my life depends on it) to the heavy cream that i soooo deeply love! :-)
so guys i really reccomend using the heavy cream insted of this conditioner.
sarai,israel :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodIceQueen

It was alright, I've had better detanglers though. And yes it was soft but with every conditioner my hair is always soft and shiny. Soo..a dissapointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I got the conditioner with the shampoo in a duo pack. I like the shampoo but i find that the conditioner doesn't seem to do anything for me. I have very thich and dry and long hair so conditioner that can moisturize is very important. this doesn't moisturize very much but i guess it could be a decent product with people with finer hair. I give it a 3 because to me, it's an average formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It mediocre in my opinion. It's not fantastic but its not that bad either. It will detangle and leave hair soft and managable but they are just better conditioners out there to give this one top ratings.
I do love the shampoo and the mask from the same line and will continue to repurchase those two but not the conditioner again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If I can't get my Pureology then this is my go to conditioner. It is pretty good, and for the price it is the best in the category. I love the scent too. It isn't as thick as Pureology, but it works pretty well. I keep some under my sink in the bathroom just in case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love how All-soft really softens my slightly dry, ultra fine hair. Smells good, too. Can build up over time, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by zzoezoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love loveeeeeeeee this shampoo. I had been using Loreal Eversleek or whatever it's called but decided it was kind of drying and that I needed a change. I hopped on over to Target and saw this. I googled it on my phone and saw it had good reviews so I decided it might be worth the $16 ea. price for the shampoo and conditioner. I'm so glad I did! This stuff leaves my hair so soft, it's ridiculous. Definitely do your hair a favor and buy it.