August 22, 2014 | 2046 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by NHassan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a nice product. I tried it for the first time today and I never thought that removing my makeup could be such an easy process. Rubbing the oil in and letting it breakdown the makeup down seemed a bit messy to me however once you lather it up and wash it off with water, you get a very nice clean. It completely got rid of all my makeup, including my eyeliner which is always the hardest part for me to remove. I don't think i'll be going back to the towelettes I used to use unless I get really lazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this for removing makeup. I used to use regular makeup wipes, but they always irritate and tug at my skin too much. The Mac cleanse off oil is very gentle and removes every bit of makeup in no time at all. I like the packaging as well because it has a lock cap to help with any spilling. Great product and it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by equinery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Removes make up well, but if it gets in your eyes it blurs your vision. It makes my eyes red. It did a good job doing what it claims to do, but you have to use a lot of it to get all of your make up off. Not worth the price because of the large amounts needed to fully clean your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin has improved since I started using this before cleansing my face. Before I used this, my face wasn't getting completely clean with just my cleanser. My makeup wasn't getting all the way removed. I purchased this back in March, after reviewing good reviews. I have about 1/4 of product left. This lasts a long time. A little goes along way. It's pricy,but since a little goes such a long way, you'll have this for a while. It's worth it. I apply this and let the makeup come to the surface, then tissue off. After that, I cleanse my face with my daily cleanser. I don't recommend this for removing eye makeup though. It leaves your eyes blurry for a little while if you use it on your eyes. You need a different remover for your eyes. Highly recommend though as a step before your cleanser. Your face will be A LOT cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it! I'm on 7th or 8th bottle. It removes EVERYTHING: foundation, eye shadows, even non-waterproof mascara. If I wear really heavy makeup, I follow with gel cleanser after using this oil, and it works beautifully.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

Although this is a great product for removing long wearing foundations, I find that I consistently breakout after using this despite washing my face with my regular face wash. I kept using it for a month hoping that this product wasn't making my acne worse, but it really made me break out worse than i have in years.

I really wanted to like this since it's much easier to take off my makeup with this than using a product like Abolene. However, I'm back to using Abolene since that doesn't cause me to breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by egagne87

I love this stuff. I bought it online as I have previously used a cleansing oil by Biodroga but I hated the smell. I got the travel size and for anyone who doesn't want to travel as they are worried about spills I recommend getting one and refilling it. I just shove it in a ziplock bag and I find it's pretty good in "closed" mode.

It's an amazing product and I have really really dry skin and lashes that the mascara just STICKS to. It's the only thing that I don't have to really rub on my lashes.

It's EXTREMELY important that you use this product on DRY skin, NOT WET. This way it actually gets everything off. Because it is an oil product if there is water on your skin it will make a thin barrier between the product and your skin so it can't really get in there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by msbuggie

#1 recommended!!
I use it to remove makeup and clean my brush.
Wish they come in bigger bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover that I have EVER tried. I spent years in search of products that would make taking off my makeup at the end of each night less of a hassle. I got close to what I was looking for with a combination of makeup removing towelettes, an Asian cleansing lotion, eye makeup remover, my cleanser (with an Olay sonic brush), and toner. However, I felt that I was using too many products on my face at the end of each night and it was still only taking off 95% of dirt and makeup. I finally decided to give Mac's Cleanse Off Oil a try after seeing a demo of it on You Tube. I had always heard that cleansing with oil was a much more effective way to get everything off, but I was turned off by it due to the fact that I have Combination skin. Oh, how I wish I had tried this much sooner! I use about two-three pumps of this (I use a little more because I use a lot of waterproof makeup) and it literally just MELTS it right off. I was astounded at how easily it took off my mascara. I used to have to use my eye makeup remover before and after I washed my face with my cleanser. This stuff is AMAZING. I now no longer need to use the cleansing wipes, the cleansing lotion, and my eye makeup remover. Washing my face at night goes by a lot quicker and feels like less of a hassle. My skin feels clean and saves me from having to spend a ton of money on different products. THIS IS A MUST!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not use this for my face anymore, as I prefer to wash my face and then use dermalogica's daily exfoliater; but this is the BEST brush cleanser ever for your highly pigmented makeup residue. I wash all of my brushes with this weekly, it removes all colors and conditions the bristles fabulously - your white bristle brushes will actually be white again! A must for high quality brushes that you want to keep for years. For daily brush cleansing though, I use either clinique or mac's brush cleanser which I transferred into the clinique spray bottle. This method was recommended to me by a mac makeup artist who said the whole staff uses this to deep clean the mac brushes.