April 24, 2014 | 1980 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it! I'm on 7th or 8th bottle. It removes EVERYTHING: foundation, eye shadows, even non-waterproof mascara. If I wear really heavy makeup, I follow with gel cleanser after using this oil, and it works beautifully.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by starlit2100

Although this is a great product for removing long wearing foundations, I find that I consistently breakout after using this despite washing my face with my regular face wash. I kept using it for a month hoping that this product wasn't making my acne worse, but it really made me break out worse than i have in years.

I really wanted to like this since it's much easier to take off my makeup with this than using a product like Abolene. However, I'm back to using Abolene since that doesn't cause me to breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by egagne87

I love this stuff. I bought it online as I have previously used a cleansing oil by Biodroga but I hated the smell. I got the travel size and for anyone who doesn't want to travel as they are worried about spills I recommend getting one and refilling it. I just shove it in a ziplock bag and I find it's pretty good in "closed" mode.

It's an amazing product and I have really really dry skin and lashes that the mascara just STICKS to. It's the only thing that I don't have to really rub on my lashes.

It's EXTREMELY important that you use this product on DRY skin, NOT WET. This way it actually gets everything off. Because it is an oil product if there is water on your skin it will make a thin barrier between the product and your skin so it can't really get in there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by msbuggie

#1 recommended!!
I use it to remove makeup and clean my brush.
Wish they come in bigger bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover that I have EVER tried. I spent years in search of products that would make taking off my makeup at the end of each night less of a hassle. I got close to what I was looking for with a combination of makeup removing towelettes, an Asian cleansing lotion, eye makeup remover, my cleanser (with an Olay sonic brush), and toner. However, I felt that I was using too many products on my face at the end of each night and it was still only taking off 95% of dirt and makeup. I finally decided to give Mac's Cleanse Off Oil a try after seeing a demo of it on You Tube. I had always heard that cleansing with oil was a much more effective way to get everything off, but I was turned off by it due to the fact that I have Combination skin. Oh, how I wish I had tried this much sooner! I use about two-three pumps of this (I use a little more because I use a lot of waterproof makeup) and it literally just MELTS it right off. I was astounded at how easily it took off my mascara. I used to have to use my eye makeup remover before and after I washed my face with my cleanser. This stuff is AMAZING. I now no longer need to use the cleansing wipes, the cleansing lotion, and my eye makeup remover. Washing my face at night goes by a lot quicker and feels like less of a hassle. My skin feels clean and saves me from having to spend a ton of money on different products. THIS IS A MUST!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not use this for my face anymore, as I prefer to wash my face and then use dermalogica's daily exfoliater; but this is the BEST brush cleanser ever for your highly pigmented makeup residue. I wash all of my brushes with this weekly, it removes all colors and conditions the bristles fabulously - your white bristle brushes will actually be white again! A must for high quality brushes that you want to keep for years. For daily brush cleansing though, I use either clinique or mac's brush cleanser which I transferred into the clinique spray bottle. This method was recommended to me by a mac makeup artist who said the whole staff uses this to deep clean the mac brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mygailforce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!! This removes everything I slap on my face. Shiseido sunscreen, foundation, concealer, etc. There's no mineral oil in it (big plus for me), rinses clean and has a nice scent. The bottle is a little tough to travel with but that's minor. I recently tried the Lancome oil with disastrous result because of the mineral oil. I quickly returned to this, lesson learned. Do not stray from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glitterygirl

This is my new HG makeup remover! Gone are the days of using makeup remover wipes! This cleansing oil is far superior at removing all traces of full coverage foundation, sunscreen and powders/blushes. I haven't experienced any issues with breakouts since using this product. In fact, I believe much of the acne I was experiencing was due to not properly removing all of my makeup. This will definitely be a staple in my skincare regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

How it works on me:
1. It takes off all my makeup and I use it as my makeup remover, not a cleanser as I cleanse after this.
2. No odd smell or anything.
3. It rinses off easily and leaves my combination/oily skin feeling smooth.
4. It is gentle.
5. Lasted me about 3 months of daily use; so the price is adequate enough for the amount you get and the simple cleansing.
6. Simple packaging

Overall: This is my first cleansing oil, and I do enjoy using it. I'm on the hunt of trying several cleansing oils but this is a good one to get if you plan to start using cleansing oils. Price is not overboard but decent. I would suggest this for first time users. Good product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No