Kiehl's Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

3.2

on 3/2/2004 9:39:00 PM

When I first applied this "gel" like cream on to my face, I thought it was too heavy but a couple of minutes later, it sinked in very nicely. My skin felt so soft and it wasn't as heavy as the Lycopene moisterizer so that part was great. However, just because it feels soft, doesn't mean my skin is moisterized! My skin wasn't very quenced in moisture(VERY disappointing for such a great face cream). I don't understand why on earth this would be a best seller but maybe this is suitable for oiler skin types. It is priced quite cheaply at about $25 for each pot. What on earth have you
done Kiehls?

on 2/22/2004 10:11:00 PM

I got a sample of this the other day at the Kiehl's counter, and I was enthusiastic because it's winter, and my oily skin needs an extra something. BIG mistake. It left me very oily right from the beginning, and it didn't sink in.

on 2/19/2004 10:46:00 PM

bf bought it and it actually dried his skin completely out!

on 1/27/2004 7:57:00 PM

kind of suprised at the bad reviews...i use retin-A and benzaclin for acne, and so far this has been the only moisturizer that worked well on my skin. it's strange to put on a creamy lotion when you have oily skin, but i found that it moisturized well and didn't clog my pores. before you buy, get a sample - kiehl's is famous for their samples. that way you won't waste your $.

This is a great light moisturiser for the hotter months. Non irritating and very light. Downsides are Kiehls is expensive in Australia and I don't like Pots for hygeine reasons

on 1/15/2004 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck! Definitely NOT good for anyone with dry type skin. I felt like I had to use a handful of this stuff to make it work. And the fact that there is a warning that says you shouldn't put the product anywhere near your eyes kinda creeps me out. Also, I left the jar in my car overnight in the cold, and the stuff separated into some nasty pearly goop.

on 12/27/2003 9:14:00 AM

While soothing at first, this moisturizer clogged my pores, caused breakouts, and worsened my skin texture. It did not absorb well, and left a heavy film on my face. Does not moisturize well and is too greasy to be labeled "oil-free".

on 12/19/2003 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's very light moisturizer, I usually put it on, and add a drop of jojoba oil. The final result is glowing! This is the best moisturizer (for me) to be combined w/ jojoba oil.

on 11/30/2003 5:53:00 PM

This product is absorbed readily and leaves a nongreasy skin texture but I don't think it did much for my combination sensitive skin. I have also been using RoC Hydra and Vitamines Actives product and felt that it did a much better of job of balancing the T zone area, moisturizing and diminishing fine lines.

When I had oily skin but still needed a mosituriser, this cream was a godsend. It absorbed quickly, didn't cause breakouts and best of all: no annoying scent! Great buy for oily skin.

Popular Moisturizers