October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this the other day at the Kiehl's counter, and I was enthusiastic because it's winter, and my oily skin needs an extra something. BIG mistake. It left me very oily right from the beginning, and it didn't sink in.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by cinnalicorice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bf bought it and it actually dried his skin completely out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2004 7:57:00 PM More reviews by rb8531

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

kind of suprised at the bad reviews...i use retin-A and benzaclin for acne, and so far this has been the only moisturizer that worked well on my skin. it's strange to put on a creamy lotion when you have oily skin, but i found that it moisturized well and didn't clog my pores. before you buy, get a sample - kiehl's is famous for their samples. that way you won't waste your $.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by littlebabyneko

This is a great light moisturiser for the hotter months. Non irritating and very light. Downsides are Kiehls is expensive in Australia and I don't like Pots for hygeine reasons

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck! Definitely NOT good for anyone with dry type skin. I felt like I had to use a handful of this stuff to make it work. And the fact that there is a warning that says you shouldn't put the product anywhere near your eyes kinda creeps me out. Also, I left the jar in my car overnight in the cold, and the stuff separated into some nasty pearly goop.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 9:14:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While soothing at first, this moisturizer clogged my pores, caused breakouts, and worsened my skin texture. It did not absorb well, and left a heavy film on my face. Does not moisturize well and is too greasy to be labeled "oil-free".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

It's very light moisturizer, I usually put it on, and add a drop of jojoba oil. The final result is glowing! This is the best moisturizer (for me) to be combined w/ jojoba oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2003 5:53:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

This product is absorbed readily and leaves a nongreasy skin texture but I don't think it did much for my combination sensitive skin. I have also been using RoC Hydra and Vitamines Actives product and felt that it did a much better of job of balancing the T zone area, moisturizing and diminishing fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 5:36:00 PM More reviews by senoritapicante1

When I had oily skin but still needed a mosituriser, this cream was a godsend. It absorbed quickly, didn't cause breakouts and best of all: no annoying scent! Great buy for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2003 8:51:00 AM More reviews by vinotinto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product along with the non-detergent foaming cleanser and the calendula toner because of the Kiehl's reputation and the "Oil-Free" on the label. I know Sodium PCA is a great moisturizer, so I thought I had made a good purchase.

Although my skin felt good after moisturizing, after 6 months of using this product and having terrible skin texture and frequent blemishes, I started to investigate its ingredients and found that it has a number of comedogenic, irritating ingredients. I do not understand how this product can be on the market.