August 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bmw4409

I recently purchased the anti frizz serum with Argon oil and have been using it everyday, I absolutely love it. We've had a short break from the humidity so I can't comment on how well it really keeps frizz at bay, but it leaves my hair so silky and soft without weighing it down, or feeling sticky at all. I love this serum and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

It does what it says: softens and nourishes the hair, smoothes hair from root to tip, and locks out frizz and flyaways so hair stays sleek all day. I was impressed that it took about one pump to perfect my mid-back length, thin hair. I made sure to only apply it to dampened hair. It really is a weightless anti-frizz serum; it's quite watery. I avoid putting it in/near my roots. Ta-da! Sleek and shiny hair! Not very portable, as if I put it in a luggage bag or backpack or what not, I'm bound to have some pump out all over the place. So it stays in my room. It's a shame that once what I have left is gone, it's gone for good, since I do not buy products that are tested on animals anymore. Bye bye Garnier Fructis..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really great serum for those of us who don't want to shell out $20+ for HE products. I picked up a bottle for around $4 at Target. I like to straighten my hair, either with a blow dryer or flat iron, and this works really well either way. It's a very thin, almost watery serum, so it doesn't weigh down my fine hair. I use 1/2 a pump, and add more if needed. Adds just enough shine, smooths my split ends, and my hair feels soft and smooth while maintaining it's "bounce". I would definitely repurchase. My only complaint is the packaging. The pump makes it easy to use too much. My hair is a little past shoulder length, and a full pump would be way too much. Overall though, great product. Would definately recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for the past couple months now and it's pretty decent. I usually use Biosilk, but wanted to try something new (and cheaper) and found my way to this. This serum is a lot thinner than ones that I've tried before, and I feel like I have to apply more product to get the results I want to see. On the plus side, it smells very nice and I love the pump (easier and cleaner dispensing!). I don't find that it works as well as other serums, but it does an okay job. Unless on a budget or unable to find my regular serum, I'd probably choose not to purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ChanphengHeartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow.This product makes my hair sooo smooth,and it makes it incredibly soft to the touch.I only need like half a pump for all of my hair.I really love it,will repurchase again and again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I bought this after I ran out of my Chi Silk Infusion and didn't want to buy another bottle because it was so expensive. I didn't like this product at first but I gave it a few more tries and now I can tell when its not in my hair. I put it in wet towel dried hair, blowdry my hair then straighten it. The serum makes my hair incredibly soft, silky and shiny all day! It doesn't feel like I have product in my hair like most serums and it does a pretty good job at keeping my hair straight all day long. If my hair gets a little stringy after all day I just run a brush through it and it looks perfect! For the bottle I believe it wasn't even $4 at Walmart. I use 1 pump every day - the bottle has been lasting me since November 2010 (its now April 2011) and I'm not even halfway through the bottle. This product has replaced Chi Silk Infusion for me...I will never use any other product in my hair! Will definitely repurchase when I run out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Catten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Umm, I can't tell you ladies how many anti frizz products I have tried over the years. This is the best serum I've tried, and here's why:

Once you avoid your roots, you do not get the greasy weighed down feeling that other products/serums will give. A little goes a long way, distribute evenly through towel dried hair, focusing on frizzy prone areas. I also wash my hair every other day, and I found with other products on the day after I washed my hair, other anti frizz products would contribute to frizz. Greasy,lacklustre, frizz. Not so with this product.

Garnier, plz never change the formulation of this product. If we want heavy, greasy serums, there is an abundance of those on the market already. Loves this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sulllllly

XD

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is.. Ehh, the packaging is alright, when brought with me for travel, it always leaked. The product itself could be better. I felt like it was very watery, the smell was okay, it was sort of faint but I would get whiffs of it during the day. As for fighting frizz it did a mediocre job. Could be better but for about two dollars it wasn't bad. I would usually use it when I kept my hair natural just to smooth out the ends. I will not be repurchasing as there are other products out there that I can try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product works great for when I flat iron my hair. After drying and straightening my hair, I rub just a drop or two of this serum on the length of my hair (not the roots) and it does a great job of preventing static fly-aways and adding a touch of shine. However, it's not enough to keep my hair frizz-free when I leave my hair wavy -- I need a gel or something more heavy-duty to control the frizz then!

The scent is a bit strange but not unpleasant -- it reminds me of pine trees. The scent also quickly fades after you apply the product.