Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/24/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was given this as a gift - I usually buy sweet scents for myself- this is a lovely smell and can be a signature scent for those who love it- I found it to be multi dimensional and not a flat cheapy fragrance- but it was far too soapy for me- initially I thougt that it was for the mature audience but it can be good for everyone (not sure if many teens would like it though as it is so strong\0. The smell is too strong and soapy for me-overall great smell but being a fan of sweeter fragrances it wasn't for me.

on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 12/20/2012 4:59:00 PM

Very disappointed at the smell.....

on 12/4/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

on 11/30/2012 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Through the years I had always heard the name of this perfume come up. Finally the other day I decided to go into Dillard's and saw the bottle and smelled. OMG that is OLD LADY in a bottle for real. It stunk so bad and was so strong. I could not see anyone young wearing this. Maybe someone in their 80's.

on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just a quick comment. If you are spraying this Chanel No5 Parfum on you do not have Chanel No5 Parfum. It does not come in a spray.
If I am wrong, please someone correct me because I have never seen it.

I must admit it is not for everyone. Just be sure what you are reviewing.

on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Elegant ,classic,pricey but I love it

on 11/13/2012 6:07:00 PM

Great classic, timeless frangrance. Used many over the years but always come back to this. Jean-Paul Gaultier is my 1st fav and Chanel is a close second. I will never be without these 2. Both are feminine and sexy-also long lasting. This review is for the Premier #5. A bit lighter than the regular Chanel #5.

on 11/12/2012 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bloody expensive but it's a Chanel classic so I guess it's worth it. I'm not sure why but sometimes I get headache if I smell a particular fragrance for hours but No. 5 is one of the few fragrances that doesn't cause me to get a headache. Love the fragrance although for me it does wear off quite easily. Quite surprised to see the ratings at only 3+ because No. 5 IS THE BEST SHIT ON EARTH I LOVE IT.

Popular Fragrances