April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

This is one of those scents that make you automatically think of an old woman. I have no idea why so many people want to wear this. If it wasn't Chanel it wouldn't be as popular as it is. It smells like weirdly strong alcohol and medicine and it's just gross. It lasts forever, which I guess is good if you like the scent, but if you don't then it's a nightmare. Plus, the price? Are you kidding me?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember when I first smelt this at 11, I knew right there I love the scent. This is my favorite scent. It's timeless. I wanna say its a slight musk. A little goes a long way and it's beautiful during the day or night. I wouldn't wear this the summer. I find it to be a little over powering. The glass bottle is plain but very chic looking

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! I'm 25 and I fell in love love love with it when i was 21. Everyone who smelt me wearing it likes it too. I love wearing it when i'm going to sleep! I also like Oscar De La Renta- Oscar and Armani Code :-D I like powdery, soapy smells. It's my HG perfume definately :-D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Too powdery!!!! and reminds of soap bar.classic but not classy.
not suitable for me... it's like a grandma's perfume signature.
i thought this no 5 original edp was flowery but it's not...
i just in love with the packaging.so luxury and very chanel.

one more : althought this no 5 comes in edp version but it's not long last on my wrist... different from coco ranges...
coco and coco mademoiselle edp are long last...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dboudreaux8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coco Chanel made three versions of this perfume, the actual parfume, the edp, and the edt. If you cannot afford the original parfume (about $100 per oz). try the edt. It smells the closest to the real thing. The edp has burbon added (in the 1980's). That addition makes it smell different than the parfume or the edt. Also, the edt comes in a 1oz bottle for $55.00, not bad for a taste of Paris luxe. Besides, it NEVER goes out of style.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MMMmmm chanel no5. I remember when I first smelled no5, at the time I was really not into perfumes. It was a few years ago when I first started college. My great aunt that lived next door to my family (for my whole life!) had just recently passed away and I was with my mom in her house going through her things, when I noticed in her bathroom cabinet this little tiny white box outlined in black with "chanel" on the lid.

I gasp and was so excited, "could it be?!" I opened up this tiny box and low and behold there was a full teeny bottle of chanel no5. extrait inside. I noticed that it was an old vintage jar because the perfume was VERY strong and the color VERY dark..but inspite of this I dabbed some on my wrists for the heck of it and continued about my day with my mom. All the while sniffing my wrists through out the day and liking it more and more. So warm, so riche, so comforting. I cant even describe it! Even though this bottle was lord knows how old the perfume still had an amazing smell.. and I was HOOKED!

This perfume mixes incredibly with my chemistry, and my husband really does indeed love my chanel no5.I will spritz a small amount into his letters and care packages I send him, for he is in the military and deployed to afghanistan right now. Id like to think when he is all alone in an old military tent in the middle of nowhere in the desert, he opens his letters and closes his eyes and remembers my smell and that he also thinks "ahhh..chanel no5"

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adelhyde, soap, powder, balsam, and a hint of floral. It says "Grande Old Dame" to me, no nonsense, medicinally clean, powerfully raw and feminine - the type a strict Scottish Grannie might wear! like it if the wearer has the type of personality to carry it off but I think most people would prefer the new modern version "No 5 Eau Premiere" as a little more wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I never thought I would say this but I love Chanel no.5. I don't like the edp but I love the edt and the cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and the current edt is rather blah. But the vintage edt...WOW! It is so much better, really awesome. And it will be available on e-bay for years to come, so if you like Chanel no.5, that is the way to go!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Maryam1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is wildly overlooked because people tend to associate this fragrance with an older generations. I had a sample of this and decided to give it a try. I am 27, so not old, and after first spraying this on I did not like it at first, but after 10 mins or so I could smell the warm base notes. I let my husband smell it to see what he thought. He is 26 years old and he said it smelled good and I didn't tell him what it was. My husband usually doesn't comment on what i wear. He also like J`dore and other flowery or musky scents. When I ask him to smell the sweet stuff like pink sugar, lolita limpika, light blue by DG and other popular stuff he doesn't really care for them as much. I guess everyone is different. Still I think this is a classic mature scent and you either love it or hate it. I would not use it everyday but maybe to go out in the evening. I'd say try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

I am reviewing the edp. This is extremely different than the edt which doesn't smell as deep as compared to the edp. The edp just melts into your skin and smells like powder and iris to me...very clean and soothing..i love to spray it on after my shower before going to sleep i feel very clean and comforting. Lovely scent, nice break from my other scents which i have plenty of....i think i will always have this in my fragrance wardrobe. Would love to try the bath powder..hard to find though!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No