April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by SilverSnowflake

Ive been using this eye makeup remover since I started usign makeup, whch is about 7 years ago. I started using it way back when it was still the old formula, it didnt have the camomile in it. I loved it then and I love it even more now; its so much more gentle on the eye area. I love that it doesnt leave any residue, so I use it when Im applying makeup and have a mess/mistake that Ive made and need to clean up without leave any oily residue. Its pricey so I mostly use it for that purpose and use the clean and clear makeup remover at night before I wash my face.
Wish it was cheaper, but love it nonetheless!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddicte

This is a very gentle eye make up remover. You may say it causes irritation or it burns your eyes but the fact is if it's any less stronger then you would better use water to remove it. It needs to have some stronge substance to remove makeup. The good thing is it's not greasy which most of eye removers are. It can be pricey but compare to other high brand, this is a fair price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by wedrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Prior to using the Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, I was using a make-up remover by L'Oreal. Where L'Oreal's product burned my eyes and left my skin feeling very dry and unbearably tight, The Body Shop's CGEMR was a blessing in disguise. The skin around my eyes is softer than ever, my eyes no longer sting or burn, and my eyelashes have gradually recovered from the abuse of L'Oreal's product. A little of this make-up remover goes a long way. The little opening is perfect for use on Q-tips for the ever troublesome eyeliner and mascara mistakes, touch-ups, and removal. I will definitely buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ebinder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product burned my eyes. I was very careful but invariably some would sneak into my eyes and sting. I would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dazzy58

I'm also surprised by all the negative reviews of this remover. I've already gone through nearly two bottles, so I'd say it's my HG eye makeup remover. One swipe removes over 90% of my makeup, and most importantly, it doesn't leave an oily residue on my lids, like so many other removers do. As for the stinging, it has stung my eyes before but only when I've accidentally dumped too much onto the cotton ball or the q-tip and a lot of the remover went into my eye. It's not meant for "direct eye contact," which makes sense; be gentle--don't douse your eyes in it! The price could be better, but honestly, the bottles last me a long time. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by hana86

Bad. It burnt my eyes! I'm glad I didn't buy it~ I just got a sample :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with the previous reviewer. She said it perfectly. It also has a small hole so you can use a Qtip to easily clean up eye makeup errors and do overs without redoing your whole face. Very effecive . . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye makeup remover is fantastic. It is quite pricey (that's why I knocked off a lippy) but it lasts ages! It has never stung my eye area like other brands have and it takes everyting off really easily, no tugging or dragging needed! Just don't expect it to remove waterproof makeup, you need special oil and water combo eye makeup remover for that! Would definitely use again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by PeachDarling

PROS: Non-oily consistency, a little goes a long way. Great for removing everyday mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow.

CONS: Did not remove waterproof mascara (Maybelline's Colossal Lash) or waterproof eyeliner (MAC's Liquid Last Eyeliner). Not as gentle as it would seem, does cause some burning if you're not careful.

To be fair, MAC's Liquidlast is basically like getting a tattoo -- that stuff never comes off!

I would recommend using this product on a Q-tip for correcting eyeliner smudges although at $14.50 it seems a little pricey to keep it for that singular purpose.

I would not repurchase this product; there are many more effective and less expensive options on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by banana77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking that it would be gentle because of the chamomile... no such luck. It burned my eyes every single time I tried to remove makeup.

I've heard that it doesn't do this to everyone though. Still, I wouldn't recommend it.