September 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

I used to love this. It was my favorite Lush shower gel. Now...it makes me sick to my stomache. It totally smells like moth balls. How did I ever love this? It's actually worse than moth balls. Ick. I will never buy this again. :/ Plus it is expensive and doesn't moisturize at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Hellykitto

Might be the worst smelling shower gel EVER. In the bottle it smells DIVINE if you are a jasmine lover. But then you get in the shower with it and it turns in to MOTH BALLS and DIRT smell. I very nearly puked when I used it earlier. It goes back to the LUSH store tomorrow for sure- I don't even want it in my house. I might be ruined on my beloved jasmine forever, it is that bad!!!!! Please do yourself a favor if you love jasmine- do not buy this absolutely vile smelling concoction. Or, if you must, at least try it in the store- lush is really good about that. See if it smells like mothballs to you. But even my husband asked me what that horrendous smell earlier was.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have flying fox temple balm and I adore the smell. So I decided to try shower gel. Yes, that's it, wonderful while showering, but there were no smell at all on my skin after...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The smell of this makes me extremely nauscious... it smells like old ladies, moth balls, dead flowers and dust. Ew,

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by misskassy

This shower gel is not for me!!! The scent is way to strong and reminds me of toilet spray a little bit... sorry Lush! I Can't smell the honey, just lots of overpowering jasmine, which I'm not a fan of.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 stars for the scent while using it in the shower. It's fabulous and actually a bit addicting. However, the problem I had was w/how it smelled in the tub afterwards...horrible and (I hate when people use this term) old ladyish (musty?!). Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Smelled fine on my skin yet I could NOT tolerate the scent it left behind in the bathrom. Oh well. I've learned w/LUSH to make sure I factor in how messy some of their bath products can be and not just focus on the scent. Their products are a real hit and miss for me yet I can't go in there w/o blowing at least $100 (and usually double that)...it's like a kid in a candy store (with a credit card!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by starjessicam

I love Flying Fox! When I first used it I was visitng my friend in NYC and she had received it as a gift. I thought it was weird, but then I found myself craving the scent. I don't buy this every time I buy shower gel, but 1 - 2 medium bottles a year. I agree, it's a love or hate product. I happen to love it. Lush is also using post-consumer recycled plastic bottles so the packaging gets a 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by FadetoSparkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff just smelled like year old moth balls. I tried to get past it but the smell was just too much. I love strong scents but I couldn't shake the stale moth ball scent it was throwing at me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love the smell of this shower gel. It leaves my bathroom smelling lovely until the very next day! It's quite pricey but I will continue to purchase it every now and then as a treat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by KClushie

The smell... You either love it or hate it. I don't think there's an in between.
I happen to enjoy the scent very much, smells exactly like jasmine green tea with honey, and also has an earthiness to it. Once the shower is over, the scent lingers on your skin so this is good for people who a)love the scent and b) want some staying power afterwards, and I mean real staying power. On your skin, in the shower, the whole bathroom and whatever happens to be around the bathroom too for a couple of hours at least.

Just a little produces mounds of foam and bubbles. One point off because it is so cleansing that it is also a bit drying to the skin. It is also expensive at $26.00 for a large bottle, $15.00 for the medium, and about $10 for the smallest 3.3 oz

As for alternate uses, I also use it to wash my intimates and hosiery for more of the lingering jasmine scent.