LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 1/15/2009 7:14:00 PM

SO commented that he really liked the smell of this shower gel. It contains honey and apparently this works as an aphrodesiac??

In any case, its got a unique scent that not everyone may like. I find it enjoyable.

on 1/13/2009 5:37:00 PM

Apparently the scent of Flying Fox is not for everyone according to some of the other reviews. I love it, so does my BF. I'm not into floral scents, so it's odd that I am so attracted to this one, which is heavy on the Jasmine. To me it smells super sexy. I think it is a great shower gel/bubble bath. I have bought several bottles.

Pros: Super SEXY smell. Makes for a very enjoyable shower.

Cons: No scent staying power.

on 12/19/2008 10:41:00 AM

I used to love this. It was my favorite Lush shower gel. Now...it makes me sick to my stomache. It totally smells like moth balls. How did I ever love this? It's actually worse than moth balls. Ick. I will never buy this again. :/ Plus it is expensive and doesn't moisturize at all.

on 11/29/2008 12:47:00 AM

Might be the worst smelling shower gel EVER. In the bottle it smells DIVINE if you are a jasmine lover. But then you get in the shower with it and it turns in to MOTH BALLS and DIRT smell. I very nearly puked when I used it earlier. It goes back to the LUSH store tomorrow for sure- I don't even want it in my house. I might be ruined on my beloved jasmine forever, it is that bad!!!!! Please do yourself a favor if you love jasmine- do not buy this absolutely vile smelling concoction. Or, if you must, at least try it in the store- lush is really good about that. See if it smells like mothballs to you. But even my husband asked me what that horrendous smell earlier was.

on 11/24/2008 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have flying fox temple balm and I adore the smell. So I decided to try shower gel. Yes, that's it, wonderful while showering, but there were no smell at all on my skin after...

on 11/18/2008 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The smell of this makes me extremely nauscious... it smells like old ladies, moth balls, dead flowers and dust. Ew,

on 10/28/2008 3:47:00 AM

This shower gel is not for me!!! The scent is way to strong and reminds me of toilet spray a little bit... sorry Lush! I Can't smell the honey, just lots of overpowering jasmine, which I'm not a fan of.

on 10/16/2008 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

5 stars for the scent while using it in the shower. It's fabulous and actually a bit addicting. However, the problem I had was w/how it smelled in the tub afterwards...horrible and (I hate when people use this term) old ladyish (musty?!). Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Smelled fine on my skin yet I could NOT tolerate the scent it left behind in the bathrom. Oh well. I've learned w/LUSH to make sure I factor in how messy some of their bath products can be and not just focus on the scent. Their products are a real hit and miss for me yet I can't go in there w/o blowing at least $100 (and usually double that)...it's like a kid in a candy store (with a credit card!).

on 10/11/2008 3:26:00 PM

I love Flying Fox! When I first used it I was visitng my friend in NYC and she had received it as a gift. I thought it was weird, but then I found myself craving the scent. I don't buy this every time I buy shower gel, but 1 - 2 medium bottles a year. I agree, it's a love or hate product. I happen to love it. Lush is also using post-consumer recycled plastic bottles so the packaging gets a 5.

on 10/11/2008 12:34:00 AM

This stuff just smelled like year old moth balls. I tried to get past it but the smell was just too much. I love strong scents but I couldn't shake the stale moth ball scent it was throwing at me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials