Clinique Quickliner for Eyes

cyclopentasiloxane - synthetic beeswax - disteardimonium hectorite - arachidyl behenate - microcrystalline wax - bht [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - carmine (ci 75470) - aluminum powder (ci 77000) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 10/24/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

These are very good everyday pencils. They are for when you want to have a little definition to your eyes, weekends and such but I would not use anything other that my Artliner over eye shadow. A really good product, though. I have this in really black, deep brown and black/brown.

on 10/19/2008 5:01:00 AM

I've never used eyeliner in my life, so I wanted something that was easy to apply when I bought my first one. I didn't want a pencil or a liquid eyeliner, so I went for this one after reading the raves here. And it is indeed easy to use, even for an eyeliner virgin like me. This glided on smoothly and lasted through the day. I wear contact lenses and eye make-up usually irritates my eyes, but no problems with this product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm the queen of eyeliners and I've tried them all from 99 cents to over $45. I have to say that Clinique has the BEST eyeliner in the West. It lasts me all day during work AND through a 2 hour spinning class after work. I'm a makeup collector, it's what I do, but I have consistently come back to this (not that I ever really leave) because it works. I would expect to pay much more for this product, and would gladly do so because it.just.works. The only thing that has ever worked better than me is something that can only be found in India.....so unless you're hopping to Mumbai anytime soon, just get this one.

on 9/25/2008 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this product because it's opthamologist-tested, I wear contacts so I want to err on the safe side. Staying power wasn't great, it would smudge and give me racoon eyes.

Edit:
I realized that using eyeshadow primer, or putting some powder/concealer on the lids before applying eye makeup actually helps them stay put on my oily skin....so that's what I did and this quickliner is not bad after all. I'm writing this update after I tried mac fluidline...the quickliner is so much easier to use and looks just as good in my opinion.
I wouldnt buy this again just because I feel like it's not the best I could get.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My absolute favorite eyeliner. Never needs sharpening, glides on smooth. Nice consistency, and lasts pretty well. Highly recommended. I often have trouble applying eyeliner. Pencils don't mark smoothly all the time, liquid liner can be easily messed up. This product is somewhere in the middle. It is fantastic! I will never use anything else.

on 9/6/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeliner glides on easily, stays on nicely, but also comes off easily when you want it to. It has the perfect consistency for me; many eyeliners pencils are too dry and I feel like I have to drag them across delicate eyelids. Others are overly waxy and don't last. This one is truly creamy and goes on easily. It comes in a twist-up applicator with a smudger on the opposite end, which I also like to use to soften the liner. No sharpener required; just shape by lightly rubbing the sides on a tissue when needed.

UPDATE 11/1/09: This remains the best eyeliner I've tried to date; I drift off and try other things occasionally, but always come back to this one.

on 9/3/2008 1:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was mildly disappointed with this eyeliner. I recently switched from using gel liner (MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack) to pencil liner, and I have been searching for a good mechanical eyeliner pencil with rich colour and a decent amount of staying power. Clinique's Quickliner had a lot of decent reviews on MUA, so I decided to try it out. The texture of the eyeliner is nice and creamy, which allows for smooth application; however, I bought this liner in Really Black, and I found it to be much too light. The colour seemed okay when I first put it on, but it seemed to fade to a dark smokey grey as the day went on. It was also a bit too "shimmery" for my liking. It's staying power was decent--it flaked a bit, and smudged minimally. By the way, the sponge on the end of the pencil is really only good for wiping the liner off of your eyelid. Quickliner is not the eyeliner for you if you like to wear it smudged/smokey.

on 8/31/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this liner. I use the black brown color and it is perfect for my skin tone. I think black is too harsh for everyday wear and this color is just right for everyday. You don't have to sharpen the pencil, it lasts a long time (and I have very oily lids), the color is very nice, and this liner also smudges nicely. I will definitely buy this again. I use it everyday.

on 8/25/2008 11:37:00 PM

Great eyeliner, no sharpening. I like to dip the sponge into my eye makeup remover when i mess up and it works great. I wouldnt say it lasts all day but it does last longer then most

on 8/20/2008 6:42:00 AM

This eyeliner is moderately good, but definitely not worth it's price. There's nothing wrong with the application, it went on smoothly, had long staying power and came off quite easily with makeup solvent, but i hate how it gradually goes blunt until you're left with a nub head looking thing. Also for some reason the twisty thing to move the eyeliner up wouldn't work right from the beginning so i had to bring it back to the counter :(
Also the sponge tip is exactly that, its a sponge, so it just absorbs most of the product so you keep having to reapply more layers of eyeliner, but as a smudger it is still quite good, just slightly annoying to use :P
I'd MAYBE buy this product again because it stays on a long time but then again i probably won't, mostly because of the price and the fact there are other cheaper eyeliners that would be as good if not better.