April 17, 2014 | 1941 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd really rate this about a 4 1/2...it's quite nice. A soapy-yet-there white floral with a light oriental base of sandalwood and white amber mixed with musk. The floral I get mainly from this is a very soapy orange blossom-jasmine mix, and you get the hit of gardenia later with the warm and resinous base notes. I don't have too much of a lasting power problem with this, but it's not as long-lived as it's big sister, Poison the original.
If you don't like soapy scents, I wouldn't really recommend this one; but perhaps it's sultry, resinous base could be its saving grace, it's worth a try. I don't find it generic at all, because many white florals don't have the white amber / sandalwood / musk base this does. The white amber smells a bit of ambergris to my nose. I don't care for Tendre or Hypnotic Poison too much, but I love the original, and this one is also a keeper. Here are the notes: "Floral Oriental
Top Notes: Sweet Orange, Bergamot of Calabre, Mandarin of Sicily, Orange Flower, Jasmine Sambac LMR, Hydroponic Living Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musks ."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't find a Poison to love. I wanted to love Pure Poison based on the tuberose .. and white florals. I also LOVE the bottle.... but unfortunately .. there's no love in poison for me. This is nauseatingly sweet... too musty rather than musky and smells cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by EnchantedOne

This is a very strong scent. It's overwhelming...not in a good way. It's a floral, but has some musk in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Muartsy

Floral oriental with notes of Sweet Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange Flower, Jasmine, Gardenia, Sandalwood, White Amber, Musk.

Like eating sweet syrup upon sweet, canned fruit upon rich, sweet bread. Warmed a bit by the amber, wood and musk but still far too richly sweet and lacking depth and complexity for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smells like hairspray or right after I get a perm, lol. Not a good sign. I used to love it because my best friend loved it but its magic now eludes me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by isenephthys

i'm on my third bottle of pure poison. i like it. to me, it seems to have an intricacy of scent that makes it suitable for year-round wear. i do smell the gardenia pretty strongly, but that's one of my favorite flowers so i don't mind. :) i also find it works well for ever-day use and for going out. the only complaint is that sometimes the scent doesn't seem to last long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my fav poison!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by SSS74

My faivorite fragfance!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by fpih

My favorite poison, is this sophisticated white floral. The main note I get is jasmine and/or gardenia although I have to admit it's a mostly artificial smell, compared to the gardenia fragrance you get from Marc Jacobs.
I am in my middle thirties, not the jeans and T-shirt type, and this is the perfect perfume to wear daily in the office or in a coffee outing with friends. It's not a fragrance I will wear on a date or when I feel sexy, I just don't get that spicy, sexy feeling that many others have described. What I get is sophistication and freshness, a perfume to perfectly match my casual-chic style; not too exuberant or fun nor too stuffy.
I really don't understand how can this fragrance be offending to others, despite it's being strong, but I can understand that the wearer of the fragrance can grow tired of it after a while, but I think that won't last long. Did I also mention that the lasting power is awsome even for me with the super dry skin?

Note: I know the fans of Hypnotic will not like this, but PP in the dry down, reminds me a lot of HP though the jasmine does a pretty good job of covering the similarities. It certainly is less sweet than HP anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dior is one of the only houses I will buy without a sniff first. This is not one of my favorites personally to much flowery notes in it for my personal liking. I've had people tell me this smells very nice on me. I've had women ask me what I'm wearing. Once again Dior and my Chemistry are good friends. I wear it sometimes to work with a light hand of course. Dior fragrances have amazing staying power. I give it 3 lippies because even though it's not one of my personal favorites I've received positive comments when wearing it.