Dior Pure Poison

3.7

This is my go to perfume. I LOVE Dior perfumes and have quite the collection but this one smells like flowers from my home country and I really love that. It works really well with my body chemistry and comes off as sweet at first but then richer and more spicy as the day goes on. I know this perfume does not work on everyone, so try it on before purchasing it. It smells nice on me, but on my sister its not as nice. It is the opposite with J'dore which smells much better on her. I absolutely adore this perfume.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Update: I REALLY like to dab a liiitle bit of the Pure Parfum of this over Miss Dior Cherie. Try it.
K, first off, I get reaaaally annoyed with reviews that go "oh it smells like an old lady, end of story, je deteste"...oh shut up..Can't you be more eloquent than that, not to mention, less insulting and generalizing? I'm not old, still a college freshman, but if I WERE old, and I was on makeupalley, and read reviews that dismissed fragrances on the basis of "too old lady," I'd be pretty insulted.
That aside, I don't like this fragrance one bit. It's mild and powdery (think talcum powder) and pleasant...but it doesn't DO anything, it doesn't GO anywhere. Perfume is supposed to transform, have depth, make life more beautiful, take you places--Pure Poison doesn't live up to my expectations.
I can see why people might like this--it's safe & soft & pretty (ooh and the bottle's SOSOSOLOVELY)..but beyond that, there's nothing. Too blah, bland, kind of artificial (like hairspray).
Some people probably have enough personality & charm to carry it off, but me, I like more KICK to my fragrances. I also noticed that on my mom, this smells much better, it acquires a bit of a depth & spice, like a milder version of Opium...so it also depends on your own skin chemistry.

This is very nice scent, I find it soothing and soft. I think this is what someone was wearing last night around me and I really enjoyed it on her.. I would buy this. This is a soft floral that suprisingly makes me feel happy. After wearing this now for 4 hours I'm amazed how strong the scent still is, Very long lasting and not much has changed but it is a bit more manly now.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After looking at some of the recent reviews I'm very surprised how unpopular this scent is with some. Personally, I very much like this smell. I seriously dislike scents that are too sweet, and this has the right balance for me. It is deep without being too pretentious. I think it is worth a spray or too, to see if it is the right fit for you.

Also, added bonus is that it lasts a long time, and the scent lingers on your wrist and clothes days afterwards. Its not MY scent, but I do love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This one is not for me. I smell mostly soap, lily, and a touch of vanilla. Very little change from top to dry down. Generic, boring fragrance that I regret spraying on my skin.

Pure Poison smells to me like musty after-shave.
I'm even more convinced that Dior didn't do anything good after original Poison and possibly Dolcevita.
At the beginning is a modern synthetical floral, sweetish and intense, nothing special, but not totally bad.
After 1 hour it becomes a musty male smell without any grace, just sitting there grossly, maybe on a delicate girly neck.
I noticed that on me and I noticed that on others.
Once I was walking in a road and stopped at red traffic light, then a small cloud came to me and it was this musty after-shave synthetical stink.
I look around and I located its source on the neck of a young nice girl with her bf. So out of place! Girls, treat yourselves to something better!
The bottle is very beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I would give this fragrance a big and fat 0 if I could.

In my opinion, this smells like an old lady. YUCK!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

It suits my skin chemistry... I love to wear it on evening outings with my hubby... he loves it. Very alluring and seductive smell.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Boring... Plain white floral. Nothing unusual or bombastic as in other members of the Poison family. I'm dissapointed... Won't buy

I was skeptical at first but after testing it I found me going back to the perfume counter for another spray. I've only been wearing it for three weeks. And mostly at night.
It has this amazing fresh but warm scent. Hard to describe. Its not too heavy actually, yet it can be if you spray more than twice.

Its my third fav scent for winter. It also has such a cute bottle! Dior is a marketing genius.

****Edit: I've used the bottle up and now I'm trying to see if I should repurchase this. I sprayed it again at the counters a few days ago, my mum hated it. But I still like the complex notes and how they fold into one another. I really really appreciate the citrus and bitter orange notes you get in the beginning. And the mandarine note does stay all day. Not many perfumes can create a scent like this. I really adore the jasmine and gardenia. Favourite flowers in the world. And the sandalwood and amber make it magnetic and draw me in to smell my wrist over and over again. It is the perfect oriental in my opinion. Dior has many lovely scents. Sometimes I don't have the confidence to wear this scent, but when I do wear it I feel more confident suddenly and even selfish.

It does last all day, the composition doesn't change either on my skin. It goes really well with my body chemistry I have to say. I love that Pure Poison can be WARM and COOL at the same time! It is a warm wintery scent but I have sprayed it on hot summer nights and the citrus perks me up and makes me feel really romantic. I guess thats why they call it Pure Poison.

I still love the bottle, sooo cute the opal bottle and the shape of an apple.

If I finish my Alien perfume I might go back to Pure Poison.

Popular Fragrances