August 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by cass559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the flawless application this brush provides but it sheds wayyyyy too much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great brush for foundation, if you want a sheer wash of blush of a really strong colour or if you want to add a layer of highlighter over your blush. Be aware though that because it is big it can be difficult to place product very precisly. It is very expensive though. I have not tried cheaper brands editions of similar brushes so I cannot say if you would be equally well off with buying them instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely worth every penny! After watching some YouTube tutorials about the stippling technique I dug this brush out of my stash and found it to be miraculous. Perfect texture, perfect density of bristles, not scratchy at all. I use it to apply liquid foundation and use it immediately afterward to apply cream blush--no need for two brushes! I also have the Real Techniques stipple brush and while it's also the right density, etc., it's really small and you have to work harder to cover your entire face. It does the job but not as quickly and efficiently as the MAC. The EcoTools stipple brush is only good for applying loose powder or maybe loose mineral brush--bristles are spaced too far apart and bend too easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sunshine96

an expensive brush but its worth the price. its an all in one brush if your too lazy or in a hurry to do all the ceremonies you do in makeup. its good in creams and powders even in blushes or foundations. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC 187 is a stippling brush, and I stipple it with both creamy and powder foundation onto my face and blend it in small circular motions. It makes a huge difference when compared to using a traditional brush or a sponge - more airbrushed, even, smooth without streaks, with very good coverage but still looking satin and sheer (I really don't know how it does that!) 187 is expensive, it costs me about $39 Euro (got it in Hong Kong) but it's worth the price considering how versatile and soft it is.

I was kind of afraid of the micro-exfoliation, as I have very sensitive and dry skin, and my 187SE has rough hair and a serious shedding problem. But after reading so many reviews, I decided to get myself a original 187, and indeed it still sheds a bit after washing, but nothing as annoying as the SE, maybe 2-3 pieces every time. The bristles are much much much (80%?) softer than SE and it flatters my flaky sensitive skin. The outcome is truly luminous and I'd recommend it to those who put on foundation every day. (and according to the MAC makeup artist, it can be used to apply blushes, 2 way cake, mineral makeup and bronzers!) One thing to note is we have to apply foundation in a completely different method from the traditional brushes to achieve the desired results (like I said, stipple, not sweep nor blend).

I heard that Real Techniques Stippling brush is also reputed for its amazing finish and it doesn't shed, I am yet to find out (have ordered it online). The reason of buying this particular MAC 187 for such a steep price is partly due to my personal obsession with collecting MAC brushes. :)

Bristles: 4/5
shape: 5/5
versatility: 5/5
application: 5/5
price: 3/5

Overall: 4.4/5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Expensive but worth it. I really didn't think I needed or wanted this brush. I was quite content with my sonia kashuk flat top brush and eco tools foundation brush. But I felt like my other MAC brushes perform so well that I needed this. I find that the 187 pick up less foundation, thus using less of the product and still having an excellent coverage. The finish, as most have mentioned, is great. It does shed a tiny bit but I love this brush so much I don't even care! I thought cleaning the 187 would be a pain and I was prepared to have it stained, but mine barely has any on it. The foundation just washes away with a mild liquid soap and cool water.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Ella90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd be so disappointed by MAC product
At first , I'm in love with MAC
But...
I use revlon foundation and Sephora #45 brush and I love them together , but yesterday I thought " no way , i MUST HAVE 187 , all that people from Make up Alley can't be wrong"

And that was mistake.
Sorry #187 , SEPHORA #45 do it so much better :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by steffy0419

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush does nothing special, I mean it does leave a flawless look..but it is a look any other brush can give you. It leaves hair behind which suck and the hairs also spread. So for the amount of money this brush cost I wont buy it again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush. It makes such a difference. Before I would use my fingers or a sponge. I bought this on a whim and I use it all the time in conjunction with usually my mac 190. it does shed some but it gives a flawless finish and I use less foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I actually really like this brush. It makes my foundation so much easier to apply and just look more flawless. It is expensive but I think if you take care of it then it should last for a long time. My only annoyance with this is that after washing it I notice that the black part of it sheds a little bit. It sometimes even gets on my face when applying foundation. Other than that I have no issues with it. It dries quick too which is always convenient.