November 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Queenofthesouth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Found that this foundation really helped to tone down redness better than the Bare Escentuals powder I used to use. I use the fair version in winter and the regular in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Angelasagna

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :) I won a box thing of Laura Geller cosmetics, this is amazing stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up the shade Porcelain in the Balance-n-Brighten foundation. It's for the fairest of complexions. Unfortunately for me, instead of being fair neutral, it's fair leaning pink. So this is perfect if you're a pale girl with pink undertones. However, if you need more neutral or warmer undertones, it'll look a bit off. I'm extremely fair and normally neutral foundation or neutral leaning warm looks best on me. This foundation does do a good job of evening out my skintone, blurring imperfections and brightening my complexion, I just wish it didn't lean pink.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I just tried this in the new Porcelain color, and I don't like this product at all. It felt so dry on my skin, and my skin looked dry and dull and it really accentuated my pores in a very big way. I saw very little coverage.

Also, my skin started to itch and I broke out in hives within a couple of minutes of applying. I am not factoring that into my rating however, as allergic reactions can happen. My poor rating is based solely on the product itself.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do like this stuff! I have red, uneven skin...and this covers wonderfully. The only complaint I have is that the shade in Regular, which I got, was too dark. But all that QVC had at the time were two shades, Regular and Tan. They now have two lighter shades available as well now, so I have to go pick one of those up. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

I ordered this off of QVC, and it didn't LOOK that bad, (not half as good as Crystal Facets by Signature Club A) but it felt like a mask. I felt like my skin couldn't breathe. That's just how it effected me, but some people might like it. I sent it right back. Bye Bye...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mmarina342

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love all of Laura Geller's products but this is especially amazing. It stays all day, makes my skin look awesome. I immediately received complements after I started using it. I use Loreal's primer underneath and it is the perfect duo!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by llboyer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whatever this product is supposed to do for me, it doesn't. If it's supposed to be a foundation, it doesn't cover anything. If it's meant to be a translucent powder, it is way too dark. If it's supposed to be a highlighter, it has no shimmer at all. I'm just using it as an eyeshadow primer, but I don't think it's functioning well for this purpose, either. Skip this questionable, perplexing product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by bcs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product. I have tried everything- mineral make-up- Nars, Armani, Smashbox, etc. They are all good products, but Balance and Brighten exceeds them all. Application is effortless, covers beautifully, looks natural and improves the appearance of the skin. I prefer to use Bare Minerals brush,as I find it to apply the product more easily and smoothly. And no mess! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder foundation is lovely on and reminds me of MAC's MSF although I like this better as it is not mineral makeup which means there isn't a sheen. At the same time, it is not totally matte and give depth and actually some brightness to the powder giving it a beautiful glow. I use fair which is ideal for PPP. I think for the price it should at least come with a small kabuki or puff, but it didn't. I did get mine at Ulta not through QVC.