Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 6/12/2011 5:32:00 AM

I got this powder in the shade PORCELAIN and my oh my, no matter how moisturized the canvas, this product looked powdery and even more cakey under certain lighting. The pink undertone to this makes it really unnatural because it's just too much pink. I think this would be fantastic for oily skins but for dry skin gals, I recommend swatching it first if you can before your purchase! The finish can be a night and day difference between dry vs. oily since my friend who has oily skin looks SO pretty with this foundation.

on 6/3/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in tan from QVC on a whim because I could not seem to find any reviews on the tan shade. Anyway, I am so glad I did. This powder is perfection on my skin. I use a kabuki brush with this and the coverage is great. People compare this to MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural, but I find that the MAC Msn's when used alone give more of a shiny oily finish on my skin-- definitely luminous but in a bad way. And I also think that the coverage the MSN's provide is very low. The balance n brighten is gives great coverage while giving my skin a glow that doesnt look shiny or oily--just gorgeous. By the way, I am an NC43 in MAC studio fix powder plus foundation and NC44 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Hope this helps some of the ladies looking into the tan shade. And the balance n brighten is just a hair too warm for my skin so it could probably be worn by women a few shades darker as well.

on 6/2/2011 5:22:00 AM

For starters, I'd like to say that I'm an avid MAC MSFN user in terms of powder foundations. I wear the Medium shade in both the MSFN and the Balance n Brighten. Although I love the texture and coverage of my MSFN, I do find that it is too pink-toned for me. That is where the Balance n Brighten comes in. After hearing about the BnB on youtube, I tracked it down and bought it at a CVS Beauty 360 store. The many swirls of tan, beige, and yellow create the perfect color for my NC-20/25 skin. There's not a spot of pink in sight, yet the powder is still very brightening. I am also very impressed with the coverage this gives. I generally use this to set my sheerer foundations to provide a little more coverage, I also use this to color correct foundations that are too pink. This works just as well as my MSFN and it doesn't look powdery or cakey. I only have two major complaints about this product: the packing and the size. While the plastic compact is very sturdy and high quality, I find the hinge itself to be wobbly and unstable. I sort of expect the lid to snap off with a bit more use. I also hate that I am paying more money for less product than my MSFN. I pay $27+tax for 10g of MSFN, I paid $31+tax for 9g of BnB. Despite the slight price difference, I will continue to buy this because of the great color match.

on 5/18/2011 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i got this product years ago.........at the time i was just looking for a powder that gave me a little colour i'm really pale so i can't get away with bronzer. when i saw this product i thought it would be peafect for me how ever it didn't show up on my skin i remember useing this and think what the hell it this thing ment to do? this was my first Laura Geller and my last. i have not ordered any think from Laura Geller since 2006 ha but it's probably my thought for trying to use this as a bronzer what a dummie

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am 48 years young, green eyes, red hair, large pores and rosacea. I was hesitant because I have been wearing liquid foundation since I was 15. I have acne scars and thought by covering my face, people wouldn't notice them. (They do, but I was fooling myself.)

I tried this in Fair and was stunned. It looks bright, not shiny; dewy, not oily; and really really evens out my skin tone. (I keep the retractable brush in my purse for touch ups.)

I'm from south Florida and this is exceedingly light-feeling. I haven't had a problem with the humidity and heat yet.

This and the Ethereal Rose powder makes for a beautiful face every single day. I'm thinking about getting auto-ship from QVC and I've NEVER done that before.

I look beautiful with this and like I have great skin (which from the above description, you know I don't!). I love this product and will use it again and again.

on 4/3/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have been wanting to try the Balance and Brighten Foundation for a while; however, I was always afraid that the regular and fair shades, just would not be light enough. Recently, LG came out with a new shade, Porcelain, which is for those of us who are really fair. For reference, I am a NW15 and this new shade is a good match for me. The second thing that I was concerned about was how drying and cakey this might be. I have dry skin and mineral makeup and powder foundations are generally a no-go for me, but I really like the finish that you can get with a powder. The Balance and Brighten actually came through with flying colors. It did not cake, nor did it dry my skin out. I am super pleased with this product. It does what it is advertised to do and it does it well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Found that this foundation really helped to tone down redness better than the Bare Escentuals powder I used to use. I use the fair version in winter and the regular in summer.

on 3/20/2011 10:50:00 PM

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :) I won a box thing of Laura Geller cosmetics, this is amazing stuff.

on 3/18/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked up the shade Porcelain in the Balance-n-Brighten foundation. It's for the fairest of complexions. Unfortunately for me, instead of being fair neutral, it's fair leaning pink. So this is perfect if you're a pale girl with pink undertones. However, if you need more neutral or warmer undertones, it'll look a bit off. I'm extremely fair and normally neutral foundation or neutral leaning warm looks best on me. This foundation does do a good job of evening out my skintone, blurring imperfections and brightening my complexion, I just wish it didn't lean pink.

on 3/4/2011 9:59:00 AM

I just tried this in the new Porcelain color, and I don't like this product at all. It felt so dry on my skin, and my skin looked dry and dull and it really accentuated my pores in a very big way. I saw very little coverage.

Also, my skin started to itch and I broke out in hives within a couple of minutes of applying. I am not factoring that into my rating however, as allergic reactions can happen. My poor rating is based solely on the product itself.