December 19, 2014 | 1537 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by aegilops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As someone with combination/oily skin I have looked for the perfect day moisturiser all my adult life. Had tried the original Clinique moisturising lotion but not liked it. At the age of 50 decided to give it another whirl this time trying out this moisturising gel. OMG what a difference! Have fallen in love with this little beauty. I can finally enjoy hydrated skin with no greasy residue at the age of 50. Hallelujah!

Good product, price and packaging. Highly recommended.

When I don’t use the Superdefense spf25 face cream this is the moisturiser I use with Dermologica oil-free spf lotion.

Winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Mxlly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This moisturizing gel, I can't tell if it did anything to be quite honest. My face always felt dry without it, so clearly all it was doing was sitting on my face. And even when I would wash my face in the morning, the gel would still be sitting on my skin and I could feel it come off.

I don't recommend this at all. Moisturizers should be hydrating, not sit on your skin until you wash it off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by indigocrystal88

i have been using this product for about 6 months. am close to finishing up this bottle and have just purchased another bottle last week.

what i love about this product is that it does not clog my pores and does not suffocate my skin even though i live in the hot and humid tropics.

it really helps keep my skin moisturised when i'm in the air-conditioned office for more than 10 hours. without it, my skin will really produce a lot of sebum. but my skin is not glowing though, it is still more on the dry side (i suspect i'm not doing enough skincare....)

the pump works great as it dispenses just enough moisturiser for my face and does not cause wastage. the bottle is light and crack proof (kinda like rubbery plastic), and great for me as i'm quite careless with my things.

i like its clean smell (not heavy with fragrance) and texture. one thing is that it does not spread easy on my drier skin, so normally i will rub it in my face after it is wet from toner to help with the spreading.

i use this with simple deep cleansing facial wash and the simple toner, which i have left reviews as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had a few hits and misses for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin before I chanced on this miracle worker. Its a little more expensive than other products but then it does exactly what it claims. It gently hydrates your skin without any irritation.
Do stop by my blog if you'd like http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/
Cheers!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by timeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product and hated it. I really wanted to like the whole clinique 3-step but my skin got all these little bumps on the surface after using it a few weeks.

The DDMG was light which is good (my skin is oily) but at the same time it felt like it didn't hydrate at all and my skin felt like I hadn't even put moisturiser on.

Will def not be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

I got a sample of this from Sephora for 100 pts. 1st week it worked great so I ordered a larger size. Continued using my sample for a few weeks but started to get breakouts on all areas of my face. This seems to be the culprit as nothing new was added to my routine. I had really high hopes for this product due to the reviews and rec's on the boards but unfortunately it is not for me. It does moisturize lightly but on some areas I needed more. Full size will be going back as acne is a huge deal-breaker, my moisturizer search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is amazing for oily skin. It has a wonderful matte feeling when applied, and provides moisture without creating an oil slick.

It's unscented which should be commonplace with any face products in my opinion. Has no offensive odor to it, which some companies try to mask with fragrances. It's also quite gentle for sensitive skin.

One 125ml bottle with twice daily use lasts at least 6 months for me. Which makes it quite affordable. Obviously it's more than a drugstore moisturizer, but I feel as though it is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jamie222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gel felt so light , you would not think it can clog pores. To reviewer Teriyaki 25, Rated 1-2 for pore clogging is not really going to clog your pores. But stay away if it is rated 3-5. The clinique moisturizing gel has Laureth-23 rated 3 and Laureth 4 rated 5 . I think these two ingredients are the culprit for your clog pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily.

I had hopes for this moisturizer since a lot of people seemed to like it. However, this product did not work for me. One of the first five ingredients in this moisturizer is BUTYLENE GLYCOL. Paula, the "Cosmetic Cop" calls it a good ingredient and I found several sites listing the comodogenicity (causes acne) with a rate of 1 (1 - very unlikely to cause acne and 5 - stay far away from this product). Unfortunately, this made me breakout small pimples all over my face.

Also, in case you're cautious with silicone in your skincare and cosmetics, DIMETHICONE is the fourth ingredient with a comedogenic rating of 1. Although, I don't think my skin reacted negatively with this ingredient since I use a Revlon face primer that has this ingredient.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this moisturizer! It is perfect for my dry, sensitive, yet acne prone skin. The pump dispenses enough that you can layer how much you need and it's impossible to apply too much. It dries so fast, never greasy, never shiny. I use this everyday and a bottle can last me a year so the price is no issue. I prefer this to the Dramatically Different Lotion which I used in the past (really like it, but the gel is my favorite).