September 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by EA214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I hate the price but it lasts a long time.

What I have noticed from some of the reviews is that it's the people with dry skin that have trouble with this moisturizer. That it is because this product is for oily skin! The Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion is meant for dry/normal skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I have been looking for an affordable, hydrating nighttime moisturizer. After reading the good reviews, I decided to try the 1.7 oz. sample tube, which I bought for $14 from Sephora. My first two days using this moisturizer were amazing. The gel hydrated my skin very well but did not make it oily or shiny at all! Also my skin absorbed the product very fast, and overall my skin felt soft and supple with the moisturizer on. However, whenever I washed my face, my skin went right back to where I started: it was dry and there were no results or improvement, apart from when I have the moisturizer on my skin. I thought my skin had absorbed the gel, but I guess it just sat on my skin because it did nothing for me after I washed it off. Still I was happy with this moisturizer because I loved the feel of my skin with this on.

However when I woke up after my third night of using this, my cheeks were red and showed signs of inflammation and irritation. The redness was pretty bad and I immediately stopped applying this moisturizer. The irritation has died down and my cheeks are still a little pink, but the redness has gone down significantly since I stopped using this product. I guess there's some ingredient in it that caused this adverse reaction from my skin (I kind of have sensitive skin).

I am disappointed because I really did love this as a moisturizer; it made my skin look great (as long as it was on my skin anyway). Also I liked the tube packaging: it is simple and very hygienic. The price is reasonable as well, and it is definitely affordable. Unfortunately it did not work out for me and for the time being I am going back to my Cetaphil Moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Strawberriesx16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer!! It feels light weight and a little goes a long way. My skin feels super soft and not oily. I have purchased this product 2 times already and 1 bottle lasts about half a year for me. I love the pump on the bottle too. Definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by christine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I´ve used this for a year now and i absolutely love it! Its makes my face glow and feels so good on the skin. My and my boyfriend both use this and we love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Tiffanygayle19

I have tried every moisturizer under the sun, this is hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used. it evens my skin tone, leaves my face so smooth, and not greasy, I have such oily skin and this takes care of it. the price is very good for a normal prestige moisturizer it's $20-$50 for 1-2 oz and this is 4.7 oz for $26! only complaint is no spf, so days I need spf I use lancome spf 30 moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

My skin craves this moisturizer and it soaks it right up. I bought the jumbo size at sephora, One good thing about this moisturizer is that it's oil free and wont cause acne on acne prone skin. It is fast absorbing and non greasy. My skin has somehow become addicted to it. The only complaint I have that sometimes I notice some redness on my skin after I use it.. it's a slight reaction that goes away quickly. I really love it tough but may not purchase again because of the redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by BossA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good for combination to oily skin! The skin feels amazing and I'm sticking to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Eternalsummer

I don't know how I could have gone this long without trying this product. It's only been a week since I started using it but I've already seen a noticable improvement in my skin. YMMV, but my skin looks radiant and healthy, and imperfections seem to have faded. I've already started wearing less makeup, in time I could probably forego foundation and get away with using just bb cream. I love the texture and how it feels when I apply it over my freshly cleansed skin, and dries totally non-sticky, like all is the product is absorbed and not sitting on the skin. I definitely am happy I finally decided to try it, it lives up to its name.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

This is the first Clinique product I own. I heard many good things about it so have finally decided to try it. Now I am half way through the bottle and still pretty happy with it. I would say this is a very good moisturizer if you are someone with slightly dry or oily combination skin or just oily skin all around. But don't expect it to perform anything close to "dramatically different" on your skin. At this price range, I am more than happy that it moisturizes well without irritating my skin or causing any acne. Too bad it doesn't contain any spf, but oh well, that means I can use it at night too. It controls oil pretty well as now I don't wake up in the morning with an oily face. Where I live now is hot and humid most of the time so this moisturizer would be an all-year-round product for me. However, in the cooler season or when I do have some dry spots on my cheek I would definitely need a more moisturizing serum on the bottom before applying this gel. Same thing apply to those who are on a anti-aging regime. Overall, it's a must try no-frill product if you are just looking for something basic that works.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No