Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 3/11/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this tiny bottle for $20. I don't know what it is about this product, but it creates large round bumps under the surface of my skin. They don't hurt and they don't form into acne, they are just bumps (like cystic acne). The combinations of the ingredients for this product does not go well with my skin. I had to throw this out. It took a while for my skin to be free of those bumps!! It drove me nuts to think that my skin reacted so negatively to this moisturizer.

Recommendations:

To all those who are thinking about getting this, look at the ingredients first to make sure you're not allergic to any of them. Also, test it out on a small area of your face, like a spot on your forehead, for a week before applying it all over!

on 3/11/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have problem skin, oily with lots of whiteheads and occasional acne. I have tried a LOT of products, and this is the one I keep coming back to. have used for two years. it keeps skin hydrated without ever causing breakouts, shine or extra oil. it does not change the quality of your skin unless you've used bad products before, but it keeps you looking refreshed without causing problems. light weight, absorbs quickly, very long lasting and overall an excellent option. I love it! I use it over good serums to combat acne and age.

on 3/9/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Omg the best moisturizing for very oily skin.... It soften my face and left my skin hydrated and had control over my oily skin.... Bravo I will always use this product for a lifetime

on 3/5/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Purchased this product a few days ago on a whim. I bought it because it was for oily skin, which I do have, more like combination. This dries out your skin when used alone! But used when mixed with another moisturizer, I use aveeno, works amazing! Evens skintone and brightens the face overall, and I've only used a little bit.

on 3/4/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the very few moisturisers which are suitable for acne-prone skin! This stuff does not make you feel greasy or oily at all and does appear to keep the skin hydrated adequately. I use this with a toner and have not had any issues with further break outs. It also dries into the skin very quick. Works well used twice daily. So if you have acne prone skin or oily skin then I would recommend this for sure.

on 3/2/2014 11:57:00 PM

I love the pump and packaging. After several months of searching for the perfect moisturizer that didn't make me breakout but also gave my face the moisture it needed. I use this in summer and winter... But i definitely need at least 3 pumps per day for the winter.

Honestly, it's nothing special, and definitely not worth the cost. I have combination/sensitive skin and this moisturizer feels greasy on my skin. After a few minutes, it's like I never put anything on in the first place; my nose and the surrounding area start showing patchy dryness again.

I also bought this moisturizer because I thought it was non-comedogenic, only to find out it contains Laureth-4, a known comedogenic ingredient.

on 2/27/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted a nice light moisturiser that I could wear both during the day and at night that didn't feel too heavy on my skin and wouldn't make my skin break out as it can get a bit oily.
Although this moisturiser is quite pricey, I had heard good things about it and thought I would give it a try. I don't use it with the other 3 products that supposedly go with it, and usually apply it after cleansing my face. (Twice a day)
The consistency is really, really nice, it feels light on my skin, not greasy or oily, and makes my skin feel very soft. I also like that it is scentless. I usually mainly apply it to my cheeks and forehead (most dry areas) and then work it around for a light coverage on nose, chin etc. It doesn't give me any skins issues, and I have found my skin has definitely felt softer and healthier since I've been using it.
I would probably purchase this again, as I think it will last me a long time and it is definitely worth the money now and then for a really nice moisturiser with this great gel consistency.

on 2/18/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros;
-No smell
-Holy grail for many
-light on skin

Cons;
-did not moisturize for me at all
-felt weird and too gel like and like it just sat on top of skin
-$15 for a little tube was a bit disappointing honestly

on 2/17/2014 9:29:00 AM

I bought this product because of the great reviews I heard about it and because it is free of a lot of the fatty alcohols that other moisturizers have. I have combination skin - oily in the t-zone but dry along chin (due to acne medication) and under eyes. I love the consistency of this product. It has a lovely gel-like feel. But it does NOT moisturize enough. Even after two layers of it I still have dry patches around my chin area. It really feels as if I have not put anything on. I'm a little disappointed in this moisturizer for the price and will not repurchase.

Edit: I originally wrote this review in the winter. Now that the weather is warmer, I can get away with applying two pumps of the gel and walking away with soft skin but I still don't feel completely moisturized.