October 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Everythinghappens4areason

i have a tanned skin, oily acne prone face, and a tight budget. I bought my first one two months ago and it works ok. It cost me P500 in the Philippines then in US i bought my second one for $8 to 10. It will be cakey IF you put too much on. I suggest use a concealer (i use Covergirl invisible concealer - light pale {btw this was my first concealer thats why its too light/whiter than my skin]) then put the foundation next in LIGHT LAYERS. It lasts for about a whole school day (7.30 am-3pm). My skin works ok to it. BUT dont forget to remove it after because it will give you a few zits. The shorter/longer you let it stay + how much you put on = works great/disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by emmacurriee

I really didn't like this product, it looked very cakey and left my pours looking massive. This was one of the first foundations I ever used and i wouldn't buy it again. Unfortunately I used it until the product was done because I hate wasting foundation (it was a nightmare), I like foundation to make my skin look smooth but this just made my skin look cakey and oily which made me very self conscious. I don't remember how much it cost but I assume it was between £5-£7. I give this product a 2/5 and would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I'm a loner here, but this is alright for my skin! I use the light ivory shade since I'm as pale as a ghost. I actually like how it feels, its so soft and light! With a beauty blender I got some good coverage out of this, and I didn't find it that cakey. Maybe by the end of the day, but only if I reapplied powder. For the price, I may buy again. I like it more than other mousse foundations I own.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cakeeeyyyyyy.
This was the first foundation I ever bought. I wanted something to even out my complexion and I had combination skin back then, so I thought I'd try it.
What a terible decision that was.
There's literally no coverage to this foundation. When I apply a thin layer, it looks chalky and cakey. When I try to layer on more, it pills up and rolls off of my face, and I'm back to square one. Regardless of what brush I use or if I use my fingers, this will happen.
It didn't do much for oil control either.
Highly discourage anyone from buying this. Not even worth $0.50.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Ehhhh cakey !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know why I purchased this or why I used it for so long. I'm pale yet the coverage leaves me looking like a chalky ghost nightmare. It is very drying and ends up creasing in any little smile lines you may have. Even when applied over a heavy moisturizer it manages to suck the life out of your skin. Somehow it deadens all the lovely bits of my skin and doesn't cover any imperfections. I've tried applying this several ways but it just doesn't work. I wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE because it will age your skin during wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this on and off since 2006 . It's the one I always go to . I have more oily skin and this makes me look airbrushed . I use a primer as we'll with it and apply with a beauty blender . I usually flip around the whole dream line . I use sandy beige during winter and honey beige in the summer . I would say it is full medium to full coverage . I suffer from adult acne .. Yeahhhh and this covers my breakouts no problem . I am surprised to see only 3 lippie rating . It really is the one I wear most often and makes my look airbrushed . I will agree if your dry stay away it will cling to your flakes .

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kjelin01

I don´t like it, wrong colour for me, and give me wrong sort of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jenniferlee5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used two of these foundations, in medium, one 2.5 and one 2.0 depending on the season. for a long time, I considered these to be my hg because i have very oily skin and these go on smooth, matte, and made my skin look even colored, with a nice yellow undertone that cancelled out any redness. it's quick and easy to apply, and blends into your jawline and hairline seamlessly. I have now changed brands to L'Oréal true match liquid foundation in w4, which gives my skin a luminosity that maybelline dream matte mousse did not give me. (Also, I found the glass pot and fingers method of application to be to be unhygenic for my acne prone skin. the formulation is very flaky so i don't know if a brush would work, i tried a beauty blender but it didn't put enough product on my skin.) dream matte mousse definitely accentuates all fine lines, pores, and dry skin you may have. I think on a person with smooth young skin without these issues, just looking to cut back shine and even out skintone, maybelline dream matte would be a good selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by piercethesassy

I love this foundation! Two of my friends recommended it to me & I decided to buy it. All 3 of us have oily skin, but it doesn't make you look shiny. I use the lightest shade (I forgot what it's called; it's upstairs) & it's a really good match. I've already repurchased once, & I'll definitely be doing it again when I run out!