December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i tried this recently having previously liked the No7 mousse foundation that has now been changed so that the colours no longer suit.
I like the fact that it goes on evenly and coverage is good. Although I am 'middle aged' I have quite oily skin and it is great for that although I don't want a finish that is too dry and cakey.
Thankfully you only need very little of this and I mix with BB cream (also Maybelline) which gives a less 'solid' finish.
I don't really like the jar packaging as the product can dry out quickly and is not very hygienic.
Also the shades are quite dark. Although I have warm undertones I still found the shades too yellow or orange for me plus it darkened even more as it dried (on me).

I still think I would persevere and try other shades as it feels so much better than a liquid foundation and is not as cakey as a powder. Good for teenagers to try, if not too pale and is relatively cheap.
I use a moisturiser underneath for high SPF so don't rely on a foundation to provide this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Becca5haw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably one of the first foundations I used when I was getting into makeup. I thought that this foundation was medium coverage, it's quite thick but easily bendable and the texture is smooth. They have quite a wide range of colors however I am quite pale and even the lightest shade still wasn't quite light enough for me. I hate the packaging as you're just dipping your makeup brushes back into the pot transferring bacteria so make sure your brush is clean and if you use your fingers to apply foundation just don't. It is a matte foundation so on dry skin this would just make you look flaky, probably ok on an oily skin though to reduce shine. It is an ok product overall for the price but I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by GiulianaCarmela

My first ever foundation - I wasn't as clued up about make up back then. Ironically, this product actually works better as a concealer cos it's fairly easy to blend and quite thick to cover up spots etc.

However, it clogs the HELL out of your pores as a foundation and is really thick. If you want people to make it clear to the guy across the street that you are wearing foundation, then go for this product. What's worse is that over the course of the day it goes a bit patchy and can scrunch up between the brows. Put too little and nothing happens, put too much and it starts to flake.
I also don't like the fact that it's in a tub - it just makes the product more awkward and unhygienic to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think the ladies complaining about this foundation being "cakey" are probably applying this with a very heavy hand. This is a cream so less is definitely more. it's very light and sheer and it feels like I hardly have anything on my face. I love it! The only problem is the color. The Carmel is just slightly too light so using this in the summer when I'm darker won't work. On the other hand, the Cocoa is too dark. Pending on how dark I get this summer I might be able to use that (we shall see). Anyway, for the price this is amazing foundation. Just make sure you wash your hands before use and please use a light hand!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by georgiasarahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I brought this product as I liked the idea of it being a mousse and it's product description stated that it would give you soft feeling skin however although it did make my skin feel soft due to its mousse texture it also sat in lines. The product it self did actually last for an ideal amount of time when set with a powder but even with a powder it still transferred occasionally. Also after about 6 hours it began to go oily around my nose and I don't have oily skin so this was a bit of a nuisance. It did soak into my skin well and was not cakey at all but I did find to achieve this I had to buff it into my face with a brush but little lumps of foundation fell of the brush and onto my clothes sometimes which was very annoying. Overall it was ok but there are better foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by BangaloreBengaluru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has Cancer producing ingredient.

The information is provided by EWG.org which is a well know in USA. They test cosmetic products and put their findings in a data base which is available to the public.

Check out my review for the full info.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It has a really nice matte finish and If you blend it nicely, it doesn't look cakey. It didn't break me out and It's really cheap. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by erica5574

i don't like this product.
it is expensive (in Australia it is RP of $22)
this product doesn't last very long and is unhygienic because you hand/brushes are going in and out and can cause bacteria.
overall i think it is not the worst but definetly not the best product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this because I needed a cream/mousse foundation that doesn't contain SPF. After much research, it was between this and Rimmel's Lasting Finish liquid foundation. Well, I bought both because, well because it's makeup!! Anyhow, this is pretty good stuff, especially with primer. I tried applying with a stippling brush and a beauty blender and neither yielded good results. My ELF Studio powder brush proved to be the winner in this battle. The consistency is smooth and when applied with a flat top brush, my skin looks airbrushed. My shade was pretty easy to find - Natural Beige. The shade was a perfect match - which is pretty damn amazing since I usually have to mix at least two shades to get a match. Good job, Maybelline. The coverage is buildable - I usually only need one application to get an even tone. For heavier coverage, I just spot apply using the same brush.

There is no scent, the product itself is pretty creamy and the packaging is typical of mousse/cream foundations. It does seem like a small amount of product in the pan, but I assume that's because you really don't need much to get a nice result. I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

I'm not a fan. I may not be applying it correctly as I find it messy to use. I just dip a clean sponge in the pot and try to just get a little product and kind of dab on where needed. Blends good but even though I'm careful some product drops off sponge as it is cakey. I have had little balls of it on my shirt. Annoying. I guess I'm not a fan of the packaging.