July 30, 2014 | 1876 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by laurenoquinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an on again off again relationship with this foundation. The coverage is amazing! I would avoid it like the plague in summertime because it can feel heavy and slick if not applied or set well with powder. For dry skin in cooler weather this is a good one! Skin appears flawless when the product is applied carefully and with caution.

It can be difficult removing this mousse from the jar when it gets near empty, but the fact that it's even seen empty is a miracle! I often toss products long before finishing them.

I'll likely be picking up another one of these in the near future...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AnnieBain

I use to use Avon foundation light beige. I loved it but it seemed to be a little pale on my after summer. Also my skin got darker from sun tanning. So when I went to Oregon I looked around the Kmart makeup department and seeing endless commercials and drooling over one of their models skin (Emily) I decided to try this foundation (nude light4) IT IS AMAZING! Like magic in a little glass bottle cup thing lol. It blends so well and practically melts into your skin. I tried a brush at first but its better to use your fingers if they're clean of course. It matches my skin so well! I love it. I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

Myehhhh. Not an everyday foundation for me. My skin changes drastically all the time, both color and type. I wear MAC NC20 and I have the shade Nude- it pulls a little orange but it's not unbearable. I use it for theatre and when the boys go shopping for makeup, I recommend this because it's generally inexpensive and matte with low SPF which are basically the requirements for what I prefer to use for stage. Would not repurchase, but it's okay. The formula is not too fussy. I use my ELF Studio Powder Brush (a flat top Kabuki) to apply and blend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Nadiapi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As someone with pale skin, I used the lightest shade and it was still very orange on me. Packaging is unhygienic as you have to keep putting your brush into the formula and spreading germs each time. Looked good in darker light so would be good for evening events. Although full coverage, mid way through the day it made my skin flake and appear more red then it was before applied. When applied around eyes could easily see lines within around two hours. Would buy again if on sale or if I couldn't find another.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

This made my face look nasty and really dry. Average coverage, but I got a light shade and it made made me look orange so I can't use this on it's own. It is way to heavy for just one foundation so I sometimes use it for touch ups on blemishes as if it's a concealer XD

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Queenjudge

I was shown this product by a friend who talked about it to me a lot, so intrigued I went and purchased it myself. I can't say I'm disappointed as it is weightless and feels like I am not wearing any foundation (compared to my previous foundation of Match Perfect by Rimmel London?) Also it doesn't leave your face shinny so you can get away with wearing no powder. However, having dry skin the product does stick to the area which are dry but it is nothing that moisturising can't fix: ever since the one awful day it seems to be getting better. Overall a good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible foundation, especially for dry skin. Shows all the patches and turns orange and flakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I would definitely buy this again. Not sure about so many negative reviews because I love this stuff. I have normal to dry skin and this is made for normal to oily, but it works nice on me. It's very easy to apply and fast. It blends very easily and looks natural. It feels like velvet on the skin and is light.

It doesn't smell weird or have a weird cast and my shade Classic Ivory matches perfect. I found this is better not applied using brushes or sponges, it doesn't go on well. You have to use your fingers, which I think is what you're supposed to use. VERY little goes a long way and it can be easy to pick up too much product since it is very light and airy.

It provides medium/full coverage on me. I say give it a chance and make sure you are applying this correctly before passing a good product. I have learned over the years I have passed on great products for MY skin because of bad reviews, finding out later it was mainly due to people not applying correctly or the product not made for their skin. Just my little rant since I noticed a lot of products I had discovered recently I passed on because of crappy reviews from people who weren't using them right. No offense to anyone, but I wanted to make sure those who are new to this will not fall into what I fell into.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you're thinking about purchasing this, you might as well go out and buy chalk, crush it into powder form and apply it to your face. I will never understand why anyone would allow this product to be sold. Not only did it dry out after 3 weeks of me purchasing it, it makes pretty decent skin look horrible. For the most part it made me look like death.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation a few times. Can safely say it's the worst foundation I have ever used. Clumpy, cakey, makes your skin look WORSE, because all it brings is dullness. Horrible texture to apply too. It's not like a mousse, it's like applying powdery dryness! Any lump or imperfection you have on your face will be accentuated by this instead of hidden. Don't buy! I have tried LOADS of foundations and this is definitely the worst.