Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 9/5/2014 12:24:00 AM

For quite some time, the only foundation I have used is Loreal Magic smooth soufflé. I bought this product in an attempt to find something that I can now buy instead because magic smooth is no longer sold in stores. I have not had any issues with breakouts due to this product, and I have had problems with acne in the past. I love the texture and the velvety feel on my skin, and if not for comparison(online I can now buy magic smooth for cheaper, and I prefer the overall quality better), this product would have five stars in my book.

on 9/3/2014 5:03:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation! I had my doubts about purchasing this product after reading a few reviews on MUA about people having breaking outs and my skin acne prone. However, I use my beauty blender and pat it in the pot and then on my face. This way it minimizes the chances of bacteria build up in the pot when you use your fingers.

on 9/3/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Unfortunately for me, my skin is very light and I have a very hard time finding foundations that not only match my skin tone but work well. I was using L'Oreal's True Match liquid foundation, as I had been since the True Match line came out and I actually found a foundation light enough for me. But it's heavy, cakey, and a pain to apply. So I finally went shopping for something new.

Initially, this felt wonderful on my skin; it applied smoothly and very easily, and unlike my old foundation, it felt very light and perfect for summer. The porcelain wasn't really porcelain, however, and it was too dark for my skin, but it blended so well that I tried sticking with it as it wasn't obvious to people unless I pointed it out. It does tend to sink into fine lines after a while and make them more prominent (and I'm 19 so that really shouldn't be a problem, but alas). The real problem with this is that it made my skin, which is dry and not even remotely acne-prone, break out, and it really didn't look so great after what it did to my skin. For that reason, I really wouldn't recommend using this unless they change their formula.

on 8/28/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Looks wonderful when you initially apply the foundation, and remains OK throughout the day IF you are careful.

Does tend to wear off around the chin area (for me), so beware if you have oily skin. I find this sits on top of the skin and tends to slip off easily if you aren't careful.

I cannot be one hundred percent certain, but I am pretty sure this has worsened my acne-prone skin!

I like the tub it comes in. You don't need heaps of product and you can just dip your brush in. It is also fairly cheap.

I love the idea of this product being a mousse, but it needs improvements - needs to stay on the skin better and less chemicals which cause breakouts would be lovely!

on 8/24/2014 10:50:00 AM

I can't say enough good things about this foundation. It is the only foundation I have used that even after an entire night of wear, looked the same way as it did when I put it on. I used the elf mineral infused primer underneath, which also may have had something do with it. I also am a fan of the packaging because it is very difficult to take out too much product. I was previously using the rimmel stay matte foundation and on occasion the squeeze tube would let out way too much product which would result in a lot wasted.

on 8/23/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

With the right brush I really like this product. I use a dense, round top foundation brush. I have acne-prone and oily skin and this covers it very vell. It stays on for a long time and when/if it weara off it wears off quite nicely, not patchy.

Just to be clear, at first I hated it. That was when I used my fingertips or a softer foundation- brush to apply it, BUT with the right brush I LOVE it! :)

Will definetly recomend it and I will buy it again when I run out. The price is also good and the packaging is neat :)

on 8/22/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't like the texture of this foundation. I found that this foundation sits on top of the skin causing it to smear around even with setting powder. I find it very heavy too. I do like how it kept me matte for a good 4 hours and the coverage is medium. If you hate the feeling of heavy make up; you won't like this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The packaging and price were both fine, but I would sadly not buy this again. I say "sadly" because it looks beautiful when you apply it. The texture is gorgeous, but it makes your skin look terrible within 24 hours of using it. I normally have very clear skin and rarely break out. Within 24 hours of putting this one, even if only for a couple of hours before washing my face, I know without a doubt I will wake up with large, painful bumps under my skin. It has left my skin so bad that I have giant, red, bleeding spots on my face. Not worth the temporary gorgeousness.

on 8/20/2014 8:16:00 PM

Bad foundation. Offers very little coverage and goes on very dry. i have combo skin and so find that my tzone is oily but even that oil did not come through this dry foundation. bought it because of so many rave reviews. this would suit people who don't want any real coverage on their face, i have good skin, no acne or pock marks but i do like coverage, this just didn't give me that. the jar its in is actually deceptively small, so for the price, its not a great bargain. i found the colour to be quite orange, which was not a good look for my pale skin. i purchased the lightest shade but it really did nothing for me, jus made me look orange instead of pale and dried out instead of hydrated, do not recommend.

on 8/15/2014 7:39:00 AM

Light and Fluffy but provides no real coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera