April 19, 2014 | 1322 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product! Its affordable, hides pores, and matches my skin tone perfectly! The only con is that it has unhygienic packaging. I used it on my skin and when it dried, it was matte. The only other product that did that was a Merle Norman foundation that was .5oz for $40. Love you Maybelline!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mischaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I bought this for $22.00 AUD. I bought the lightest shade, as my skin is pale (like a MAC NC15). It went on so well, but looked ridiculous. 'Ivory'? Please. More like orange. It was a million shades too dark for me. Pale girls, stay away! I love how it went on though. I applied it completely and although I looked stupid, it made my skin feel soft and it went on evenly. I hope they make a legitimate 'ivory' some day. I would love to try it out again properly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Muffinpants

This is not the best foundation...It's quite deceiving actually. I tried this foundation due to my friends raving about it and so I thought why not. On first glimpse (before leaving the house for school) my face looked FABULOUS!!! No pores, acne scars virtually disappeared. So I leave my house and take a 20 minute bus ride and get to school, go to check up on my make up and notice it's gone. No foundation, just oily gross-ness. Really disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product in the first one or two weeks. The coverage disappointed me a bit because I expected a full coverage finish. But it was just a medium coverage (even i put 2 to 3 layers). By the end of the second week, i experienced a massive break out and there were little bumps here and there on my face. Do not recommend this to oily/ sensitive skin people.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Spackle for skin! And it's pretty good spackle. This stuff paves over pores and mattifies my face quite well. This is NOT my daily foundation. My pasty-pale sensitive skin gets blotchy if I wear this more than 2 days in a row. But if I need to put on a fresh matte face for a solid 4-6 hours, this stuff is GREAT! It paves over reddish areas and dark under-eye circles better than most other foundations. The texture is soft, smooth and fluffy. It blends beautifully, sets well with any powder, and is a good base for eye shadows. As others have said, it can get cakey on dry patches, and it melts after a few hours of heat. But it "does" super-matte really well. I am paler than NC15, and this is a drugstore foundations that has a shade that works for me. It's not a perfect match, but it's a good quick fix for uneven skintone when I need extra coverage. I'll always keep a jar in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This foundation is a mousse that is very soft when you apply it on your face. It dries matte like it says. I got a color that was a little bit too yellow but it blends well. It hides pores and makes your skin look smooth but does not really cover any large pimples... will probably need a concealer to do that job. You need to apply moisturizer before for sure, otherwise it crumbles on dry areas. It doesn't stay that long on hot days and within a few hours it is long gone if I am sweating... it stays on the dry areas tough. Other than that, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pinky undertone (not at all suited for my yellow undertones ) the packaging is my worst nightmare, very unhygienic because its in a pot instead of something like a pump or squeazy tube. Shade is too dark (perks of trying to find foundation on the high-street). Will not repurchase ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by omghopee

Honestly, this foundation is terrible in my opinion. Having combination skin, I find that this foundation clings to the dry areas of my face, and disappears off my oily t-zone. It also oxidised on my face as well as broke me out. I do not get on with this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely horrible- it has all the nasty things I don't want in a foundation: poor color selection, uneven, cakey and orange with a tendency to settle in dry parches.
Luckily this wasn't expensive so I didn't waste too much $$

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by KejiSadiku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Dream Matte Mousse in the shade Cocoa at the price of 2 for £10 ( Boots had an offer going on) and I am really pleased with the results. It left a flawless look on my face.
but I wish there was more dark colours to choose from, the cocoa shade is a little bit too dark for my skin so i use the maybelline fit me powder in a lighter tone to lighten up my face.
I did recommend it to a family member who loves it just as much as i do.