Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 7/28/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm here to warn you NOT to buy this foundation! I purchased it years ago, and admittedly it was stupid of someone with reasonably dry skin to purchase this foundation, but that wasn't the main problem I had! Firstly, the packaging is basically inviting bacteria and contamination, as well as oxidisation. It's difficult to get out the amount you want too. Minus the novelty of poking it and it being a mousse, there is absolutely nothing I liked about this foundation. Firstly, the colour range was appalling, with most of the choices having an orange undertone. Next, this product simply refuses to blend, and therefore it's difficult to get the amount of coverage you want, plus you're likely to end up looking either patchy or cakey. This foundation is horribly drying... It doesn't absorb oil, it simply dries out your skin- I know people with incredibly oily skin who still reported the same issue. I also had a lot more breakouts with this product. I detest this product with a passion, big waste of money, I wouldn't even accept this product for free.

Just purchased this foundation at my local CVS. Typically I only use MAC, Clinique, or Lancome foundation, but this is a fabulous foundation. I love the mousse aspect of the product and it offers great coverage. I am in the lightest shade, so I find that some foundations give me an orange tinted complexion, but this does not at all. I am, thus far, impressed with this product and would definately repurchase. I find that this foundation is fairly pigmented; therefore, a little will go a long way. I apply a small amount of the product using my beauty blender and it blends fabulously. The product also makes my skin feel soft and natural, unlike other foundations which can feel sticky. Overall, the product works well.

on 7/27/2014 11:00:00 AM

This is a really good drugstore foundation. I have the palest shade and it doesn't run too orange on my skin and it hasn't oxidised either. I apply with my fingers or real techniques foundation brush and it applies easily. It blends well but will stick to dry patches but am not too bothered by them during the summer so this is a good seasonal foundation for me now but perhaps not come winter. The finish is lovely. It feels nice on and gives a semi matte look. The coverage is decent, comparable with lancome teint idole as is the finish. It does slide off my nose, just doesn't last long there although no foundation does but this does not have the lasting power of double wear. I wouldn't expect it to at the price but this is a good purchase for forty something, oily t zone and sensitive skinned ladies. Have had no reaction to it. Unlike other reviewers it hasn't balled up on my skin. Quite chuffed with it, a wee bargain.
It comes in a jar so not very hygienic but it's inexpensive and gives a good result better than many high end foundations I have encountered.

on 7/25/2014 9:22:00 AM

this is fantastic for coverage. love it. its also very light weight

on 7/22/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't really use it as a foundation, more as a concealer.
As I had dry patches around my nose, any normal concealer would irritate it and make it sore and flaky but this was the only concealer to keep it at bay and not dry it out even more!
More on the orangey side, but it was workable.
Extremely blendable with a matte-satin finish leaving your skin really soft!
Loved the texture of this, it was really unique.

on 7/11/2014 9:11:00 PM

love the product, I have a hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone and covers up the redness I have on my cheeks and I found it does a great job of it. it seems like you don't get much, compared to other foundations but alittle bit of this foundation works just as good as you'd you with any other. The only thing I didn't like was the price, but it was worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I remember using this in my last months of high school, and I hated it! The texture of this foundation feels really nice when you touch it but when you spread it on your face it is unblendable! My skin tone is yellow under toned and I found the closest match for my shade looked too muddy and orange on my face. Also, this thing sets into large pores and dry skin patches like it is nobody's business! If you have oily skin like mine, you'll notice this doesn't have oil control at all either. It is just a terrible product. And coverage is not that great for redness and acne scars. If you have smooth, near perfect skin, this could work for you but otherwise, give a shot to other much BETTER drugstore foundations please. I really suggest you don't waste your money on this :(

on 7/9/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for years and years. I tried liquid foundations to begin with but I always hated the way they felt on my skin, like I was wearing a mask of foundation. The mousse is really light on my skin and it definitely gives the best matte effect of anything I've tried.

I usually apply with my fingers and haven't had any problems with blending it. I do find it tricky to get out of the pot when I have longer nails either getting nothing or getting it all stuck under the nails, the only real problem I have with this product. This can be fixed by using a brush but I find it harder to ensure an even coverage, plus I always end up losing my foundation brush anyway!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have used dream matte mousse for almost 2 years now and i will never buy another base again. i love this product bc unlike liquid it evens your skin and feels so light on your face. i hate the liquid now bc i feel so stiff and the smell if awful. i love the way mousse feels this product is worth every penny. love it love it love it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sorta on the fence with this one. I really like the texture and how it goes on my face, and the coverage is ok (it covers some imperfections but cakes on others), but it's not really my favorite. I found that it looks REALLY cakey when I wear powder with it, and the lightest shade is still too dark for my skin (I'm extremely fair). Overall, it's ok. Probably wouldn't buy again.