July 22, 2014 | 2365 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I do think that this is one of the best cuticle oils around, mainly because it does actually work both immediately in that your nails look immediately better, but also the effects last, in that if you apply over night, the nails look good in the morning. Oils I have tried are:
OPI Avoplex - the prowide brush is great, but I don't much like the smell, and I don't find that it sinks into my nails, and seems to sit on the surface.
Essie - I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like the smell of this, I find it a bit artificial, and again doesn't sink into the nails.
SH Vit E - I like this oil because it is cheap, doesn't smell to much and does sink in, but it doesn't have the same effects long term as Solar
Nails Inc Vit E pen - great delivery system, but doesn't seem to sink in.
Dr.H Neem oil pen - don't like the delivery system, doesn't seem to make any difference to my nails.
Yes this oil is oily, but it does sink in, it does make an improvement to the cuticles and yes it smells heavenly and comforting...and I don't even like marzipan!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lasoltera

I like it, Good to my cuticles and better than OPI avoplex oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this, along with CND's Cuticle Eraser, has rendered my cuticles completely unrecognizable (which is a good thing). My cuticles were completely overgrown, very dry, and completely out of hand. However, I have taken to massaging on some Solar Oil at night after the Cuticle Eraser, and now my cuticles are almost invisible. Solar Oil has a faint scent of sweet almonds, and is applied with a nailpolish-like brush. I find it to be very economical.....it is only about $7 and I've been applying it every night and can barely see a difference in the amount in the bottle. Very happy with my results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not generally a huge fan of oils - they never seem to absorb properly into my skin and I end up leaving greasy marks all over the place. But, I decided to try this oil to treat my dry cuticles as I had heard so many good things about it. It is honestly not a bad product, but I personally find Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil to be superior. I find Solar Oil to be quite runny and not as fast-absorbing as I expected (though it is a lot faster than many other oils out there). I also haven't found that it makes a huge difference to hydrating my cuticles; it is about the same as if I was just using a hand cream. I also found that the oil ran down the bottle neck through use, making the bottle itself greasy and causing the labels stuck on it to peel. I do love the scent of it though - a gorgeous foody almond fragrance. I probably won't be repurchasing, i think I will stick with Essie's oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I've always had thin, peely nails. I won't say this is a miracle worker, but it's better than most other. i hate how greasy/drippy it is. but it does reduce the peeling/ dryness of my nails. still looking for something better, but for now it works pretty well. nice smell, as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

Having tried many nail oils I have to say that this is my HG. It always makes my natural nails look healthy and it also makes them stronger and is great for moisturising my cuticles. I also really like the smell! Will be repurchasing soon as I have almost run out and could not bear to be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Solar Oil!

It definitely keeps my natural nails & cuticles moisturised, strong and growing fast. It smells great (a subtle almond scent) & absorbs quickly.

It also helps dry nail polish! A minute or so after you put your top coat on just brush the Solar Oil on & rub in gently.

I also use a drop on the backs of my hands every now and again to keep them smooth.

You need to make sure you use it at least once every day (two or three times is best). I've forgotten to use it for a week or so in the past and my nails started peeling and breaking as usual so I know it works!

I keep a 5ml bottle in my work drawer, a 68ml bottle next to the home computer & the Solar Balm version in my handbag. I've bought the 118ml re-filler bottle too so I'm stocked up for a while :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been using this for two weeks since I had my fake nails taken off. Works very well and my nails/cuticles look fine. I work with paper all day so my hands & nails get REALLY dry.
I massage it into my cuticle area after I take a shower, but before I slather on my daily dose of Cetaphil cream. Remains to be seen if it REALLY affects the long-term strength of my very thin natural nails. Will buy ay Sally's next time as it is ridiculously expensive at the salons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:30:00 AM More reviews by tyiming

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

moisturises my dry cuticles. i usually just swipe across my freshly painted nails which keeps my nails and cuticles look good. i like the almond smell too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not perfect but it's the best I've found so far. You must apply it constantly to see results and still, during very cold weather, a slathering of heavy hand cream and gloves are really the only thing that helps my nails and dry skin. But...and this is major for me...the oil really helps my nails right before I apply nail polish. I soak them in the oil for a good 15 minutes, wipe off any residue (by that time most of it has absorbed) and press on with mani/pedi. I get a nice smooth application and good wear. I don't like the tiny brush applicator but, as I said, I've not found anything better. So far.