February 27, 2015 | 1782 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by arizonamuaddict

I love this cuticle oil. The smell is nice, it's not too runny or too thick, and it does a good job of protecting cuticles. I use this twice per day-after my shower and before bed, and it really seems to help my cuticles stay moisturized. During the day, I carry Burt's cuticle butter and use that periodically, so these two work really great together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really am happy with this stuff. My nails and cuticles get so dry and unhealthy-looking. (Compounded with the fact that I bite my nails, my digits can become pretty rough-looking.) When that happens, I reach for this. It smells delicious, like marzipan. Once I've put this on, my nails feel nourished and conditioned and look healthy. My only complaint is that it is a bit runny--I wish it would dry quickly. So I rub it in rather than wait forever for it to dry. But all in all, this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

Whoo! I love this stuff. I am just now getting into doing my nails (several times a week, LOL) and this is one of the new products I bought in my quest for a perfect mani. I know a lot of people say this is just overpriced oil and really *any* oil could do the same job. Well, that probably is true to a degree. This has helped my cuticles stay in good shape but I don't know how much of that is due to the specific blend in Solar Oil. What I *do* know is that this product makes me want to use it repeatedly which means more TLC for the cuticles! I love the smell, it's a fresh almond scent that is not cloying or strong, and I love the applicator nail brush. If I have to pay a little more for this than any other oil, I will, just because this product makes me want to use it, haha! I have the 15ml bottle and it seems like the bottle will last forever, even with daily use. I can't remember how much I paid, but I *think* it was around $5 from head to toe.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

I first came to know of SolarOil from a nail technician at a salon I was going to. I have been addicted to this stuff since and that was first in 2000. It's not a thick oil and the almond scent is so subtle which is a good thing. I think the best way to get any cuticle oil to work is to make sure that when you wash your hands you put on hand lotion afterwards, which would mean that your cuticle oil will be an addition for getting great cuticles and soft hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Valeria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used up almost half a bottle and for me this doesn't do anything at all, I saw no change whatsoever. My cuticles still look pretty sad. It adds a nice shine to my nails right after application but it goes away quickly. It does smell great though, wish they made a body oil. Maybe I will try the Solar Balm instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I do think that this is one of the best cuticle oils around, mainly because it does actually work both immediately in that your nails look immediately better, but also the effects last, in that if you apply over night, the nails look good in the morning. Oils I have tried are:
OPI Avoplex - the prowide brush is great, but I don't much like the smell, and I don't find that it sinks into my nails, and seems to sit on the surface.
Essie - I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like the smell of this, I find it a bit artificial, and again doesn't sink into the nails.
SH Vit E - I like this oil because it is cheap, doesn't smell to much and does sink in, but it doesn't have the same effects long term as Solar
Nails Inc Vit E pen - great delivery system, but doesn't seem to sink in.
Dr.H Neem oil pen - don't like the delivery system, doesn't seem to make any difference to my nails.
Yes this oil is oily, but it does sink in, it does make an improvement to the cuticles and yes it smells heavenly and comforting...and I don't even like marzipan!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lasoltera

I like it, Good to my cuticles and better than OPI avoplex oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this, along with CND's Cuticle Eraser, has rendered my cuticles completely unrecognizable (which is a good thing). My cuticles were completely overgrown, very dry, and completely out of hand. However, I have taken to massaging on some Solar Oil at night after the Cuticle Eraser, and now my cuticles are almost invisible. Solar Oil has a faint scent of sweet almonds, and is applied with a nailpolish-like brush. I find it to be very economical.....it is only about $7 and I've been applying it every night and can barely see a difference in the amount in the bottle. Very happy with my results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not generally a huge fan of oils - they never seem to absorb properly into my skin and I end up leaving greasy marks all over the place. But, I decided to try this oil to treat my dry cuticles as I had heard so many good things about it. It is honestly not a bad product, but I personally find Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil to be superior. I find Solar Oil to be quite runny and not as fast-absorbing as I expected (though it is a lot faster than many other oils out there). I also haven't found that it makes a huge difference to hydrating my cuticles; it is about the same as if I was just using a hand cream. I also found that the oil ran down the bottle neck through use, making the bottle itself greasy and causing the labels stuck on it to peel. I do love the scent of it though - a gorgeous foody almond fragrance. I probably won't be repurchasing, i think I will stick with Essie's oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I've always had thin, peely nails. I won't say this is a miracle worker, but it's better than most other. i hate how greasy/drippy it is. but it does reduce the peeling/ dryness of my nails. still looking for something better, but for now it works pretty well. nice smell, as well