March 1, 2015 | 1196 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, and it is the best Stick foundation I have used. I feel like other cream or stick foundations have great coverage, but they always accentuate dry spots. This one doesn't. It has great coverage, it doesn't accentuate dry areas, and it doesnt look cakey. This also applies very easily.
Ways I've applied this foundation:
1. apply foundation to face directly from stick, blend with damp sponge.
2. apply foundation directly from stick, blend with fingers.
3. Get foundation on foundation brush, and blend onto face
The best way I've found to apply this is the Number 1, with a damp sponge. I would love to try applying this with something like a MAC 187 or 188 but I don't have one of those.
The only thing is that I feel like I will run out of the product fairly quickly, and being a significant price, I don't want to feel that way. But since I don't use this everyday, I know it will last a while, and It is still a great foundation.
:) mo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ella2201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I do actually really like this foundation. It gives great coverage without looking 'cakey.' Its fantastically mattifying but not dulling. The tea tree oil in it is fantastic for any breakouts, and its super easy to apply. The only downside is that as the previous reviewer says, it doesnt last long enough, especially considering its price. There are better value products out there, but considering the millions of rubbish foundations I have used, this is definitely one of the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by varindamichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORST foundation I have ever tried. I have combination skin and was told it would work great, and when i got it swatched at the counter it looked ok but the next morning when i tried it on it was just flat beige i was the shade jumprope since i tanned, but it didnt have any pink or yellow undertones it was just beige so when i applied it, i looked like a alien. To top it off after an hour or so, when i touched my face i felt gross and like i had a bunch of gunk on my face. A few hours after that I had a co worker tell me "wow, working up a sweat today" because it left my skin THAT oily...terrible, waste, dont buy it if you have combo or oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by eav5445

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really liked this product... but it does have it's downfalls
I have oily skin, yet this cream foundation didn't make it more oily and had good staying power. It's covers imperfections amazingly. I applied with a MAC 187 and it just goes on like a dream. Use and little concealer and cover with a little powder and we're set!
The only thing is, it's not cheap and the little stick goes WAY too quickly. I can be done with it in probably 2 months, while I can have my EL DoubleWear for probably about 2 years. And ELDW is cheaper?
If I had unlimited money, I would probably use this just because it's so easy to put on, but that's not really the case so I'll stick with EL

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by appledee2

I love this! I have the hardest time finding my shade with any concealer or foundation, but 'jump rope' is my exact shade. It's so easy to use as an everyday, I-don't-want-a-ton-of-gunk-on-my-face-feel. I use this to the gym on days when I absolutely have to have something on....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LeCocolatte

Love the Benefit Playsticks! My color is Spin the Bottle, and it matches perfectly. I guess I use it a little differently than most other people, but I think because of that it works fantastic. I use it only as a spot concealer over Benenit You Rebel tinted mouisterizer, and I apply it with a small concealer blush to blemishes and undereye (helps to blend with a finger under the eyes so the product warms up and melts into the skin better.) After I finish with a little powder and blush for a fresh, natural look. I have acne prone skin, and this product does a great job covering up, and used only as spot concealer, doesn't make me break out. Love the light scent and practical packaging, and though it is rather pricey, I've used mine every day for over a year and it is just now about to run out, so you're definitely getting your moneys worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dewilot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this product.
I want my foundation to cover all (like a giant concealer) without looking cakey or like I'm wearing heavy foundation, which I've discovered after trying multiple foundations is never going to happen. Basically I want my skin to look like the make up adverts - completely flawless!
I like the coverage and it doesn't feel too cakey - its very easy to apply and great for daily touch ups.
I dont like that after 20mins, no matter how much powder I use / primer / blotching sheets etc etc my skin starts looking soaked with grease, I will then blotch, powder etc and it will start to look blotchy. Maybe this isn't the right product for my greasy skin but so far I've not found anything that can provide a better cover for my redish blotchy skin with large pores, I would buy it again - but only until I find something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jlkiz

Edited after using a few weeks: Every place I use this product I end up with a new patch of pimples. This has been happening consistently for 3 weeks now so I am stopping using it and will never ever ever use it again.

Orignal review:

This product is VERY thick. It definitely covers my acne scars, BUT it's very thick and waxy. As my skin improves I won't have the use for this product so I will not repurchase when it is gone. It's also expensive for a cover-up stick in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by boyledegg

I wore playsticks for 6 years and loved them. However one day I woke up and realized I looked like a waxwork. I have since switched to liquid foundation (MUFE HD to be precise, with the occasional Chanel impulse). Dont get me wrong I still like good coverage but this stuff is THICK! and it does clog your pores... eventually.
I havent chucked it out however as it is the perfect size for touch ups on nights out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Jax which is perfect shade for my fair skin tone.
It is pretty hard to find a foundation that perfectly matches my skin color. It gives matte finish which can be drying for dry skin gals. It feels heavy on, but gives excellent coverage. It's almost like a concealer.