August 22, 2014 | 1903 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by eav5445

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really liked this product... but it does have it's downfalls
I have oily skin, yet this cream foundation didn't make it more oily and had good staying power. It's covers imperfections amazingly. I applied with a MAC 187 and it just goes on like a dream. Use and little concealer and cover with a little powder and we're set!
The only thing is, it's not cheap and the little stick goes WAY too quickly. I can be done with it in probably 2 months, while I can have my EL DoubleWear for probably about 2 years. And ELDW is cheaper?
If I had unlimited money, I would probably use this just because it's so easy to put on, but that's not really the case so I'll stick with EL

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by appledee2

I love this! I have the hardest time finding my shade with any concealer or foundation, but 'jump rope' is my exact shade. It's so easy to use as an everyday, I-don't-want-a-ton-of-gunk-on-my-face-feel. I use this to the gym on days when I absolutely have to have something on....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LeCocolatte

Love the Benefit Playsticks! My color is Spin the Bottle, and it matches perfectly. I guess I use it a little differently than most other people, but I think because of that it works fantastic. I use it only as a spot concealer over Benenit You Rebel tinted mouisterizer, and I apply it with a small concealer blush to blemishes and undereye (helps to blend with a finger under the eyes so the product warms up and melts into the skin better.) After I finish with a little powder and blush for a fresh, natural look. I have acne prone skin, and this product does a great job covering up, and used only as spot concealer, doesn't make me break out. Love the light scent and practical packaging, and though it is rather pricey, I've used mine every day for over a year and it is just now about to run out, so you're definitely getting your moneys worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dewilot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this product.
I want my foundation to cover all (like a giant concealer) without looking cakey or like I'm wearing heavy foundation, which I've discovered after trying multiple foundations is never going to happen. Basically I want my skin to look like the make up adverts - completely flawless!
I like the coverage and it doesn't feel too cakey - its very easy to apply and great for daily touch ups.
I dont like that after 20mins, no matter how much powder I use / primer / blotching sheets etc etc my skin starts looking soaked with grease, I will then blotch, powder etc and it will start to look blotchy. Maybe this isn't the right product for my greasy skin but so far I've not found anything that can provide a better cover for my redish blotchy skin with large pores, I would buy it again - but only until I find something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jlkiz

Edited after using a few weeks: Every place I use this product I end up with a new patch of pimples. This has been happening consistently for 3 weeks now so I am stopping using it and will never ever ever use it again.

Orignal review:

This product is VERY thick. It definitely covers my acne scars, BUT it's very thick and waxy. As my skin improves I won't have the use for this product so I will not repurchase when it is gone. It's also expensive for a cover-up stick in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by boyledegg

I wore playsticks for 6 years and loved them. However one day I woke up and realized I looked like a waxwork. I have since switched to liquid foundation (MUFE HD to be precise, with the occasional Chanel impulse). Dont get me wrong I still like good coverage but this stuff is THICK! and it does clog your pores... eventually.
I havent chucked it out however as it is the perfect size for touch ups on nights out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Jax which is perfect shade for my fair skin tone.
It is pretty hard to find a foundation that perfectly matches my skin color. It gives matte finish which can be drying for dry skin gals. It feels heavy on, but gives excellent coverage. It's almost like a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product. Gives you good coverage and you can also use it as a spot concealer. Doesn't make me break out at all and lasts a long time. I don't like the fact that it isn't fragrance free and if they tossed in some SPF that would be awesome, but for what it is it definately is great. Also the skin shade range could be more diverse more more skin shades, but its nothing a little Hoola can't fix.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my night time foundation as the coverage is so good I don't need a concealer but it looks a bit unnatural for the daytime. Also the shade I got is a little too dark (Spin the Bottle) Its super blendable and has some nice natural ingredients. Sadly it doesn't control my oil very well and I have to blot. The price puts me off repurchasing but the small amount you get has lasted me nearly 9 months

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshineexsmilee

i absolutely love this product i only have about half an inch left!!