October 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart44

This was a disappointment. It was a little cakey, didn't help my acne scars or zits, and didn't stay well. It did though cover up my under eye circles and these tiny areas of red veins under the sides of my nose which was great! Overall I just won't buy this again because this just didn't cut it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by reizacross

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all I'm not in love with this product because the one I got was too light for me. I think that's the reason why it doesn't cover up my acne scars which are mainly the reason why I bought this. I do agree that the formula is cakey. It can get cakey when you put a lot. And in my case, I had to put a lot since it didn't cover up my acne scars. It is not drying. But its never a good idea to cover up a drying acne since the formula will flake up in the sides. I don't know if I'm doing a good job explaining that but just take my word and let your healing/drying pimple skip the concealer. I don't see why not buy this product IF i get to find the right shade. However, I definitely wanna try experimenting some other concealers out there that are better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by miisorollinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first time using a concealer ( I had too because senior pictures were up and I had some acne marks I wanted to get rid of) okay so the product, which I got in deep beige was not a total fiasco... it did conceal... Sort of. It concealed my really tiny zits and my already barely noticeable acne marks but not the big/darker ones which really made me crestfallen. I'm pretty sure the reason to that is because deep beige is pretty light for my skin.. so Maybelline lost a lippies for that; they should have more variety in their shades. It lost another lippies because the next day I got more zits/breakouts... I DON'T LIKE THAT. Even if it did help conceal some marks that fact that it gave me breakouts afterwards made me really sad. However it didn't give me a cakey look so yay for that! :) would I buy it again? Sure just on case I have a hot date but probably in the darkest shade! Lol oh and I used the concealer ontop of their BB cream which I think really helped :) so yeah if you're wanting a concealer that doesn't give you a cakey look and conceals small blemishes then the cover stick is right for you, just be warn that you might breakout afterwards and be careful with the shades...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by XOXBunniezzXOX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this for nine dollars. And I bought the green one which is supposed to cover redness. I honestly don't know why the concealer blended in with my other makeup. When I wore it, it had a very chalky finish. Good pigmentation, but the finish is quite horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont know about the other negative comments, but I really like this concealer. I have combination skin and I really needed to have a good looking skin for prom. After putting on BBcream, I dabbed this on my acne scars and pimples...and after I blended the product, my imperfections were all covered!!!It was amazing and this concealer isnt drying at all (maybe because I used BB cream and it moisturised quite well)!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by joycethemakeupartist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Creamy, decent coverage, but it cakes. Since I already own the product, I help the cakeyness by applying primer and letting the concealor warm on the skin before gently blending it in. I have the concealor in beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by danielleflip21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so pleased with this product! The only reason I bought it was because I was spending the day at the beach, and needed something waterproof, without looking cakey. At my local Walmart, this was the only waterproof concealer. So I bought it figuring that if it didn't work it was only $4 anyway. I bought it in deep beige, but this color was still pretty light on my skin. To test it out, I tried putting it on before getting in the shower, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it didn't wash away at all! Even after some mild rubbing! First i dabbed this on some of my dark spots, scarring, and acne (it looked terrible at this point), lightly covered my entire face with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation #70, and finally, finished with Wet and Wild Coloricon Bronzer (in Reserve your Cabana). This was supposed to be a look for the beach, but I was so pleased with my results that I may start using this combo on a regular basis. Thank you Mayeblline for this cheap, effective product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Quite poor formula. it is cakey and makes your skin look old even if it isn't. The colour selection is nothing special either.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by blacues

This concealer works great if you apply it with your fingers rather than with the concealer stick directly to skin. Love the coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rockalaura

The only reason I bought this, is because it was waterproof and inexpensive. I was really skeptical when I bought because a lot of people say it is cakey and doesn't work. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It give me great coverage, covering all my redness and acne scars. It is a little harder to blend than my liquid concealer, but it still blends well. It wasn't cakey on my skin because I moisturize really well before putting it on; I also have really oily skin, so if you have dry skin, it might be cakey. The only bad thing is that there are not many shades, but the lightest shade fits my skin tone, so I'm really happy.