LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

www.roseannebeauty.com

Ingredients and what it's all about:

This mask is supposed to detoxify, stimulate and exfoliate with refreshing herbs like Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry, fresh fennel, almond oil, parsely, tumeric, ginger oil and even ground cardamom and coriander. It sounds more like a recipie for your favourite weekend dish more than a face mask but that's possibly why I'm in love with LUSH face masks. They use free range eggs and many skin enriching herbs - most fresh which is why each mask has a label that details when the product was made fresh, by who and when it should be used by. Each mask is also supposed to be stored in the fridge because of the free range eggs in the mask.

Texture:

A warning goes out to anyone with highly sensitve skin. This is a very grainy scrub. In fact ground almonds are the main exfoliant in this product (I reckon which is reall cool) and I reckon it's even a little bit more harsher than the St. Ives Apricot scrub. If you're not up for such a high exfoliant, taking off the product might be a little troubing for you as it really cleans and purifies taking away all the dead skin cells when you wash the mask off.

I suggest washing this mask off with warm water. Simply carry forth some water in the cup of your palm and slowly and gently rub the mask off so that it slowly dissolves and washes off. Again, this takes a little longer than you might expect because of the exfoliation part and after it's dry, it's not super easy to come off either.
Results:

And there we go. My skin is glowing after the exfoliation and I feel much cleaner. My skin is super duper smooth and it just feels so good. As for acne benefits, I still have blemishes from time to time but I really do feel like it cleans out and detoxifies my skin. It's just that super duper clean feeling! It's so good after a week of make-up every single day. When I was wearing this during the weeks prior to exams, it really helped me in the breakout department. I usually breakout like crazy but I did see a reduction in the number of breakouts I had compared to last semester. The only thing I have a problem with might be just how dry it might make you feel when you wear it. If you have dry skin, this mask shouldn't be for you. Overall though, I love it. It's a mask I'll always go to when I know my skin needs a good clean.

www.roseannebeauty.com

on 6/1/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Makes my skin GLOW like a baby's, and never dries me out. Tightens, prevents blackheads, sloughs off the dead skin, smells delish. Can't go wrong with this one.

on 5/2/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Did nothing too special. Is exfoliating and made my skin soft, but I could easily get that with another face mask. Delicious smell, and the colour never fails to make my boyfriend laugh when I put it on. He says I look like Shrek. :| I probably wouldn't buy it again as there's so much better facial masks from Lush out there.

on 4/11/2011 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This mask made my skin very, very soft. I don't think I've ever had my skin feel this way without any lotion on it. I really like this mask. The smell is lingers a little bit afterwards, but my skin is so soft the smell doesn't bother me. I would repurchase again.

I'm in the middle-leaning to the negative side on this products. Pros are it's a good strong exfoliating mask, personally though a little too strong since I prefer gentle scrubs. I did not notice if it made my skin any softer, because my face was too cold from the fridge-store mask! What I hate most though is the smell. It smells like really pungent spices that is good in a curry but not on my face. Nobody's gonna eat my face, right? Anyways, steer clear if you have more delicate skin and...ah..olfactory senses.

on 2/21/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this stings my skin so much that i might be unbearable for the first 3 minutes. and my skin type is not even sensitive! but somehow, after tolerating it for 3 minutes, the mask calms down on the face and made my face tighter. it did not exfoliate properly on my skin but the redness of the acne are reduced and the skin actually looks smooth. the only downside is, it HURTS when i apply it on.

on 2/17/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Technically I can't buy this product "Again" since I didn't buy it the first time - It was a freebie for returning five black pots (which I'd been trying to collect for almost 3 years).
I got 50gms of the product, which after some 8 uses, is still more than half full, so it's safe to say that Lush has no clue about how off the mark their rationing information is.
I love that you can keep Lush masks in the fridge. I've used The Sacred Truth and that felt too clammy on my skin. Brazened Honey, however, is thicker and slightly drier - more gritty than pasty because it's got exfoliating bits. The consistency makes it more comfortable when cold and easier to apply too - I defy their instructions and wet my face, hold a cherry-sized glob in my fingertips and thin it out over my skin. I waste less this way, don't get any into my nostrils and the wash basin is cleaner.
It's got a sweet-herb smell. I smelled more honey in Sacred Truth than Brazened Honey, to be honest. But this smell is pleasant and not medicinal, it's totally tolerable for the 15 minutes that I leave it on (half a sitcom - yayyy) and dries to a rough off-white powdery mask.
On particularly lazy days I spritz water on my face to rewet the mask and go another 5 minutes, but one round usually will do.
The washing up part is where the exfoliation happens, the rough granules scrub it all off (more gentle than St Ives, not as smooth as Neutrogena's Blackhead one) and like most masks it takes 5 whole minutes to wash away.
But the results are worth it - my skin has this scrubbed clean look. My chin and nose areas are shine-free, my cheeks are the under eye darkness is less prominent. Actually, I look like I've woken up from a nap. I think that's enough to expect from a mask - it's not a cosmetic surgeon!
I use Brazened Honey twice a week (gotta finish it up before it goes bad). If you're not a fan of exfoliation or are using this mask too often to require a scrub here's help: when the mask has completely hardened break into a wide smile and move al the miscles in your face. The worst of the mask will fall away as powder and you can wipe away the rest of the exfoliating bits before you wash.
I'm looking forward to buying a full tub, I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to use it all up in time so I can't award a full 5 lipsticks. Lush should really sell 50gm portions. They're so weird sometimes!

on 2/4/2011 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mask burn on me like crazy. And my skin is not sensitive at all!
Also, didn't see an improvement of my skin, not a glow, nothing.
Won't buy again, because there is better masks from Lush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far my favourite Lush mask, and I'd venture to say possibly the best mask I've ever used. It's not meant to do what the acne-attacking, pore-tightening masks are - it's gentle, it's rich and it calms your skin down like nothing else can. My skin glows wonderfully for a few days after I've used this and the difference in smoothness is tangible. It's like your face is thanking you for giving it this treat! Would recommend and repurchase without a second thought.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love the ground almonds in this face mask!!!
It really softened up my skin and brightened it up!!

It smells like honeysuckle, really soft, and feminine :)

I WILL get this again just because it made my skin looking and feeling so nice :)

Popular Masks