October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by alt629

I was attracted to this one for the antioxidant element of the blueberries. It does smell quite nice, but when it sits in the little tub, fluid does tend to gather on top, so mix well before applying. I left on for 20 minutes and at times up to about an hour, and the result is pretty much the same each time. I feel like I am left with a film on my face that won't wash off. I also found this one very drying. I used it a couple times and never went back for it. I guess I'll end up just cleaning it out to recycle the pot. Nice concept, but in practice, I'll pass...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I really like Catastrophe Cosmetic. It was my first Lush mask, and one I keep returning to. Unlike some others from Lush, it has a really pleasant, fresh scent due to the blueberries. It is very calming and relaxing. I have very clear, normal skin with a bit oily t-zone. This really mattifies my skin for days at a time, and leaves it refreshed and relaxed. I use this 1-2 times a week, but I always buy the small pots since they're easier for me to store in my tiny row-home fridge.

I first cleanse my skin and pat dry. I leave this on about 30 minutes, and then once it's dry, I massage 90% of it off over my bathroom sink (the big chunks and flakes and such), so all that's left behind is basically a fine powder. I then use my face cleanser, tone, and moisturize and my skin feels like a baby's! By keeping this in the fridge constantly, I have been able to use it well past its expiry, and it is still good as new!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $15.95 for this mask at my local Lush store. I wanted to try it after my skin had a bad reaction to the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I saw a positive review for it on youtube by mayparis. It smells lightly of blueberries, has an greyish/light blue color. It's runnier on top and more viscous on the bottom so I would recommend mixing the mask before spreading a thin layer on your cleansed, dry face.

PROS: Use it if you want a soft, matte (powdery) finish on your face.

CONS: It didn't really do what I had expected it to do for my skin. I thought it would calm my skin, but the only thing it did was leave a powdery finish on my face. I think this was due to the calamine powder or talc.

I still have about 4-5 uses of this mask left. I will edit this review if anything changes, but as of right now... I do not think I will repurchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sandradi

This smells great but the results are questionable. I just used it and I noticed washing it off that it didn't feel smooth or slippery but instead it felt chalky. Then I dried my face and noticed what I thought was light colored mask still on the tip of my nose so I rinsed and wiped it. Then I realized my whole face looked dry and had a white powdery look to it. This mask really accentuated the dry skin on my nose and made it look much worse than normal. I will not be buying this again but maybe I would have liked it more if I had redness and oil that needed calming.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by IqMakeup

I agree with the reviewer nakeeyark. This mask did not do much for me but did however leave my skin matte , even and sort of with a powdery soft texture ! It makes it a perfect canvas to apply makeup on. So I only take this mask out when I have an event or something to go to. It is expensive and I would probably buy it again because I want to try the other LUSH masks. Also, be careful.. the blueberry particles might clog your sink ( my nightmare lol ).
EDIT: It makes my skin look matte - not feel matte ! And i adoree the powdery feeling it gives ! But make sure to follow up with toner or wash well cause the crushed berries often leave 'powder' behind

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I saved 5 empty black pots and exchanged it for Catastrophe Cosmetic because I could not stop sniffing this blueberry-scented mask at the store. Plus, this is the LUSH mask that is supposed to help with acne, and calamine is an ingredient that my skin always appreciates (hence my love of Fresh Farmacy). This is one of the few non-exfoliating masks I've tried, as I tend to like masks that have a grittier, scrubbier texture. I slather this on to a slightly damp face, let it sit for about 15 - 20 minutes, and rinse off with warm water to be left with extremely smooth and soft skin. Plus, did I mention how amazing this smells? The reason why this is 4 lippies as opposed to 5 is that I didn't see any kind of huge improvement in my skin; rather, I just noticed that the texture was a bit more even, which makes this mask a very good, basic one for me. This is 4.95 GBP for 75 g (about $7.70 USD for 2.65 oz), so it isn't the cheapest mask to buy, but with weekly use, my tiny pot lasted 6 weeks. Make sure you keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it, and then store it tightly shut in your refrigerator to prolong it's short shelf life. I will definitely trade in 5 more empties for this wonderful mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

Yuck! Love lush but I do not like this. It wouldnt completely wash off and therefore made my skin look kinda ashy and weird and matte. perhaps slightly reduced redness. smells like all sorts of gorgeousness however.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this mask wreaked havoc on my skin. I let the mask sit for about 10-15 minutes. I washed it off and it leaves this dark residue and leaves my skin very matte. I had to cleanse to make sure all the residue came off. In a couple of hours my face is itchy and I have irritation bumps because of this mask. My skin still hasn't fully recovered! Now CC mask did reduce my redness which is amazing but other than that it messed up my skin badly. I was left with a rash,drier and irritated.
For reference I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. If you are sensitive don't use this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mlang11

I love this facial! I was having acne issues on my chin and after using this, it has gone away.

I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Nikileez

This is my favorite out of all the Lush masks I have tried. Left my skin feeling very relieved and moisturized. I have normal to dry skin with some redness. The smell is wonderful and did not have the over exfoliants that a lot of the other masks have. Loved it personally and would definitely recommend it.