Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

If this is powder foundation, I'll eat my expensive Stila case I had to buy separately for this product. I have great skin too--just a little redness here and there and this, on me, is nothing but a powder. Granted, I haven't tried applying it wet so maybe I'm selling it short but seems it doesn't cover much. I also don't see the "illuminating" here and, when applied over Stila's Illuminating TM, it actually takes away the glow. Also, the separate compact packaging SEEMS like a good idea but only if you plan to re-purchase the refills over and over. Otherwise, it's a waste of one wad of cash and isn't all that sturdy. I've had heftier Cover Girl compacts. Won't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Stilla Illuminating Powder is a pretty good product. It gives good coverage and it has a SPF 15 which is always a plus :) One problem I have with it though is that the shades don't really match my skin tone. I have a more yellowish hue to my skin and whenever I used it, my skin looked kinda ashy. I don't think the shades matched my skin perfectly. Another thing is that you have to buy the compact seperate form the powder! The powder refill itself is already around $24 over here and spending another $20+ for a compact is kinda pricey. Btw, if you're planning to get this, make sure you watch the sponge regularly or buy a pack of makeup sponges. It can really spread bacteria if you consistently use the same sponge over and over. I would say this product is pretty good if it matches your skin tone. I've bought it twice but I don't think I'll buy it again because it just doesn't match my skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this powder. Enough that it has succeeded in knocking my mineral powder off of the top tier of my train case! The texture is incredibly silky and light. Upon initial application, I was a bit disappointed, seeing how lightly it goes on. But after getting in the car and checking my face in the rearview mirror, I was surprised to see that it covers flaws and evens out my skintone very well and doesn't look the LEAST bit powdery or dry. I also like the design of these types of compacts, with the sponge in a separate compartment under the powder tray. Not only that, but the case is sold separately from the powder trays, so that one can just buy refills instead of a whole new compact. Covers flaws, rids me of shine, looks natural, feels light and stays put. Also, it's long lasting. My mineral powder provided good coverage, but that's because my sponge would pick up a LOT of product and I would end up going through a compact in 6 weeks time. This one doesn't wear down as fast, and yet a small amount of powder is all that's needed to get a nice, natural result. I highly recommend this!

I've been wearing this product off and on for eight years. After experimenting with countless mineral and other powder foundations, all of which disappointed, I keep coming back to this. It provides just the finish I am after -- a luminous, natural finish, not too matte, not too shiny -- without looking like a "mask." It does not dry me out or irritate my skin. It provides the perfect amount of coverage, and 20 Watts is a perfect match (I'm a NW20 in MAC). I've tried wearing it with a silicone-based foundation primer, and from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. the next day, it did NOT budge. I've also tried it over Dr. Denese's Foundation Faker, and it complements it perfectly. I'm not sure this would work for someone who needs heavy coverage, as it provides light to medium, buildable coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Normally I cannot wear powder except on my nose and forhead, it just ends up looking cakey. Recently I realized that less is more despite my imperfections. I ind that using a tinted moisturizer (Tarte is my favorite) with a very fine milled powder over it seems to work better. So I picked this up at ulta. I only bought the refill, so I can't comment on the compact itself. It's cheaper o buy the refill only. This is a very finely milled powder with a slight shimmery look but not glittery. I'm too old for glitter and shine just makes all your imperfections stand out.

I use both a kabuki brush and the sponge method. Kabuki on the whole face and the sponge on the areas I want to hide. This made the pores on my nose disappear. Cut back on my shine and just looked marvelous. I tried other powder foundations and found they did nothing to me but dry me out. This one does not. Thank you MUA'ers for steering me toward this product. It's going to be great now that the warmer months are near. No breakouts so far, but I've only been using it for 4 days, so I'm not sure if my pores are getting clogged yet. So far so good. I'll update later to let you know if I still like it.

I love this powder so much. I have really fair skin and this is the only powder I've ever found that doesn't make my skin a shade different from my body. Everything usually looks off, but this is dead on. I use this both as a foundation and as a powder top-off over foundation. It smooths everything out nicely and doesn't feel heavy on my skin.

The container it comes in is really cute, but I found that with it being replacable, it falls loose of the compact, especially if you carry it around in a purse. A big chunk got knocked out of the center of mine and I was kinda bummed.

A bit expensive, but worth the money if you're a pasty girl searching for some sort of match.

I picked this up while traveling because I had forgotten to pack my usual HG Chanel loose powder, which is not very portable anyway. Although this Stila powder is technically a powder foundation (Stila makes another product for pressed powder), I really like it as a setting powder. Even with a liberal dusting over my face, it doesn't look cakey or obvious. As an added bonus, it provides a little bit of flattering, sheer coverage. I haven't tried using it wet, so I can't comment on how that works out. 20 Watts is a good match for my fair NC20ish skin. A little pricey ($14 for the refillable compact and $26 for the pan), but this might be the nicest pressed powder I've tried in a long time. The compact came with a thin foam applicator that I don't use -- I prefer to apply with a face brush. I'm not usually a big fan of Stila, but I'm pretty happy with this purchase and will keep this around for portability.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I sort of have a love-hate relationship with this product. I am only 15 years old and I started using the Stila IPF last year when i was 14. It is perfect for a natural look.

PROS:
Very easy to use
I feel really safe with this product.
Nice, soft coverage
Doesn't look cakey
Looks good on top of concealer
One lasts me 6 months, so thats only 2 per year :)
Shade matches me :) I have Asian Skin and I use 70 watts in the summer, and 60 watts during the rest of the year.

CONS:
My face will get SUPER oily by the end of the day.
It is pretty expensive ($24 at my local Sephora plus tax)
Compact is expensive and sold seperately
A powder brush will not give good coverage. I use the sponge that came along with the powder . (I wash it every week to keep it clean)

& that's pretty much it :)
I feel pretty safe with this product <33 It's my first love. I'm running out though so I have to go back to Sephora and get another one.
-___- I can't believe I didn't sign up for a Beauty Insider Card yet.

Oh and btw, whenever I first apply this, my first looks really matte and made up. However, after about 10 minutes, the powder will sorta "sink in" to my skin and give a more natural look.

=)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product looks nice and natural, and I usually apply it two times a day, morning and late afternoon. It gives a nice finished look when I put it on over my liquid moisturizer/foundation. The only downside of this powder is that if my skin is not exfoliated or moisturized, you can see every bit of dry skin because of the powder.

Update--I'm going to replace this with a loose powder. I don't think the staying power of this powder is worth the huge price tag on it. However, I would buy it again if it were cheaper, and I applied it with a brush instead of the sponge it comes with.

Generally o.k. if you have great skin and like to have that "no makeup" feel. It didn't provide enough coverage for the slight rosacea I have on my cheeks, and tended to buildup around my nose and chin creases about 3 hours into the wear. The packaging is ridiculous because you have to buy their $23 compact to have protection for the pan. It's cheaper just to de-pan a used powder compact and place the Stila pan into it.
Will not repurchase due to the poor coverage factor.