LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite LUSH mask! Cupcake is aimed at oily, acne-prone skin, which is great for breakouts. It makes my skin less oily and evens out skin tone, by this I mean that it reduces the size of pimples and scarring. It also makes my skin really smooth and isn't too drying. Although, I dislike the fact that the mask doesn't exfoliate and it also takes quite a while to remove too because it's so thick.

on 12/28/2011 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This works great for my skin. The package describes it to be great for teenage skin as it helps reduce breakouts and controls oil. My face was left feeling soft and smooth. It has a great minty, chocolatey smell. With this product, a little really does go a long way. Be warned, this product needs to be kept refrigerated and the expiration date can come quick if not used often. Overall, great mask!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Doesn't work for me. Cocoa butter breaks you out. It made me break out. Too expensive for such little shelf life

on 12/25/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cupcake mask smells like mint chocolate and is aimed at teenagers with oily skin, aka people like me! Haha. This mask really did remove the excess oil from my skin, just like it promised. It also removed the redness and swelling from any spots I had and left my skin glowing. It was not overly drying and did not irritate my skin which can sometimes be sensitive. I love that the product is natural but I don't like the short shelf-life!! You only need a little to cover your face so when it goes off, you kind of feel like you're wasting the left-overs. The shelf life is the only reason for the -1 lippy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product. It works wonders for my combo acne prone skin. It was about $7 and totally worth it. I use this 4 times a week, and leave it on for about 10 minutes each time I use it. I know some people love the scent and some people hate it, to me it just smells like choclate cupcake batter witch I don`t mind. It has a few tiny expolating beads in it so it always leaves my skin super soft. If I have a break out and I use this the blemish will be gone within 2 days! It also reduces redness witch I have alot of. This dried out my blemishes but moisturized my skin so well. the olny things that I did not like about this face mask was you have to keep it in the fridge because it has lots of fresh ingredients. It also expires quickly to, it has an expirey date on the bottom of the container and usally it expires 2 weeks after I purchase it witch is why I use it so often. Overall I love this product and I would reccomend it to anyone with acne prone skin and redness. I would defantily repurchase this product! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

Love this mask. It makes my skin clear and glowy. The smell is so good! I don't always need a mask this strong but I wish I did so I could use it all the time! Non-irritating. Did not break me out.

on 11/18/2011 9:16:00 PM

I have oily, acne prone skin. I broke out today from using a new blush, so I decided to try this out. It worked wonders for my irritated skin! It made my face soft and less red. The one downfall for me is the smell. A lot of people love it, so don't let it stop you from buying this wonderful mask, but to me it reminds me of the gritty chocolate mint toothpaste that my dentist used to polish my teeth when I was little.
All in all, I would definitely repurchase this when my acne flares up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This face mask smelt amazing, wasn't horrendously expensive, and as I live near a lush store, came in a very convenient little black pot.
That's where the pros stop. This mask did absolutely nothing for my skin except make it smell like chocolate.
I'll give it two lippies for the scent, and the fact that it didn't do anything BAD to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either. I would not buy this again.

on 11/1/2011 10:51:00 PM

The only good ingredients in this, rhassoul clay and cocoa powder, can be purchased MUCH cheaper than this and mixed as needed at home. I actually do this mask myself at home and it cost me about 12$ for more than a year's supply of clay and cocoa powder (organic). You can add cocoa butter too if you want, but it's not a good idea if you have even mildly acne prone skin as cocoa butter is about as comedogenic as it gets. I like to throw some jojoba oil in my mask too, or a bit of raw honey, if I want some additional moisture. The mint oils in this are unnecessary and actually do more harm than good as menthol is actually a skin IRRITANT.

on 11/1/2011 9:37:00 PM

Mmmm yummy face mask! It looks and smells of pure chocolate, so good you want to just eat it! And I have to be careful putting it in the fridge just in case someone does! Makes my face nice and soft. The fact that it has an expiry date is the downside but I want to state this stuff lasts MUCH longer than the suggested expiry date. Ive had mine forever and its still the same consistency and scent.

Popular Masks