July 31, 2014 | 1710 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd forgotten how great this cream is. Thanks girls for reminding me. I use this every other night and Finacea on the other nights. It makes my skin so soft and smooth. After 2 years of RAM with nothing but a red flaky face to show for it, I am so happy I went back to this product and the Finacea. This really proves that you don't need to spend $$$$ for great skin care.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by sparkleshimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the poster below! I always need more than a pearl sized amount! This cream is amazing. I use a few things before I apply this at night in my routine, but it alone has worked diligently to remove a couple of fine lines that were starting to appear on my forehead.

Within a few months, it drastically reduced the appearance of those lines, as well as fine lines under my eye. I try not to put to close to my eye area (you are suppose to avoid eye area) but I was confident it could reduce those too and, it did.

It's an outstanding night cream and moisturizes very well. My sensitive skin has never had a reaction to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by deutsch100

Excellent & reliable anti-aging cream. I stray, but always go back to this cream. For a while I switched to Roc Retinol, but the smell was too strong, and while I never broke out, my skin never had the same "glow" and clarity, as when I use this Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle cream. I used this cream nightly, after cleansing with Neutrogena Healthy foaming cleanser, and toning with their alcohol free toner. A little does goe a long way, but you will for sure need more than a pea sized amount to cover your entire face & neck! It does help if your face is still very slightly damp from the toner...the cream spreads more easily, and then you use less. While I wouldn't say this cream is heavy, even though, it says "Night"...it is moisturizing, and I have never needed to put another cream on top of this treatment. I think this is the best over the counter retionol product. Consistently reliable, and always works. Can't beat the price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This product is a little miracle worker. This was the first retinol product that I have used well other than retin-a as a teenager. I liked the way it felt when I smoothed it on my skin. Within the next few days my pores became less visible and my skin tone evened out and had a slight healthy glow to it. My skin felt fabulous, younger, it is radiant and it looks better than it has in a few years My mom told me my makeup looked nice and I was not wearing anything but this product at the time. I felt super happy I felt confident sometimes leaving the house with no makeup on and felt great about it. I told my mom and my friends about and Makeupalley because this site is what compelled me to try it and I will always remember that! Tears I would suggest this for you are a virgin with retinal products or are young and looking for a retinol to start with. after two weeks of continued use both AM/PM I've noticed a significant difference in the smile line on the right side of my face, as well as the single wrinkle that once dominated the middle of my forehead.
The smile line has almost completely disappeared, while the forehead wrinkle has diminished significantly enough that I don't worry about foundation or powder accentuating and settling in that area anymore. I'm not sure if this was due to the Retinol A, or if perhaps my skin lacked moisture and is now fully moisturized and has therefore plumped the skin to alleviate the appearance of these lines.
This works well as a base for makeup!!!as it absorbs immediately and does not rest on top my skin. I have had no negative side effects on my skin (so far) and the texture and tone has improved greatly; I require less foundation and only exfoliate twice a week rather than every other day.
The packaging could be better---an airless pump bottle would be nice. Price is hefty for a drugstore product, but less expensive than a department store. However, with the results I've received, I'd gladly pay more.

For anyone looking to help prevent or soften the signs of aging, or possibly just wanting a smoother, brighter, more even-toned appearance, give this Neutrogena cream a try., based on other reviews, the cream seems to work well for older women as well as younger gals But my face is clear and has never been better. If you're looking for something that will help with your acne, this is definitely a great and effective product.I have since moved on to Differin but I will always remember how much I LOVED this and this is a great start and one of the best otc retinals you can get at the drugstore. It just got to the point that I needed something stronger..but girls this is where you start to prevent wrinkles a retinol and spf it begins here

Hearthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream "Original Formula" (NOT the Intensive):
Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Retinol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Carbomer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by underthegazeofconsumerism

I like this product so far, I use this (for my eye area) along with my collagen St.Ives bottle (around the cheeks) for the night and then, just by itself during the day. So far I have seen that my skin appears to be firmer and smoother. I also like the smell, unlike my collagenís flowery smell that tends to linger. The price is def reasonable - a quality to be valued in this product since there are so many creams out there which are way too expensive and provide us, consumers, with zero results.
I don't know if I'll buy this again, perhaps, I will try something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the scrub. Effective, yet gentle scrub that really leaves my skin feeling smooth and not tight or over dry. Just very clear and smooth as the label says! Far superior to the many high end scrubs I've tried, will stick with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this as a nighttime treatment (I use the kind w/o the spf).
Before using, keep in mind that
THIS IS A CREAM. therefore, if you are prone to breakouts, you might want to try the lotion instead.
THIS CONTAINS RETINOL which can cause irratation or a bit of redness. Some people's skin adapt to it after a few uses, others are sensitive.
A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY You don't need to slather it on like a normal lotion/cream. I made this mistake and broke out like crazy the first 2 weeks.
Always use sunscreen, since retinol can increase sun sensitivity.

You can't really bat this as an anti-aging treatment, epscially for the price(around $12). Recently, they came out with a Retinol SA (extra strength) but I have not tried it yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by prettypunky

My mom had some of this leftover and because my skin started to get dry, I decided to use it for those dry areas. It actually worked pretty well, but I couldn't use it on the areas that weren't dry because it felt a little too thick on my skin. Which is alright, I guess. I'm glad it didn't cause any breakouts, but I don't need an anti-wrinkle cream just yet. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using this for several weeks, I do see slightly fewer fine lines and some increased clarity. But it doesn't do much for keeping the pores clear. For that, I prefer Neutrogena's similarly-named Health Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cream, which has salicylic acid as its active ingredient instead of retinols. I'll probably end up alternating products as each has its merits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for this cream in a daytime non SPF version, but they didn't have one so I settled for the SPF 15 cream. I was nervous to try it because I usually have an allergic reaction to SPF in face lotion, but not with this one. This is very gentle and has a nice consistency- I wouldn't call it a cream because it isn't heavy. It is not very moisturizing, but that's not a bad thing since I have oily skin. I actually find it to have mattifying properties. I am not using this for anti-wrinkle since I already use Retin-A but this is a good continuation of that treatment into the day (with the added bonus of just the right amount of moisture).