November 28, 2014 | 1344 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

works well but I kept it on considerably longer than the recommended 15 seconds (yeah right)...most importantly, it truly does the job, and that's always a good thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty diligent about my cuticles, so maybe they weren't in bad enough shape for me to see much effect from this product. I gave my nails a one-minute soak in warm, soapy water -- I've always heard soaking too long weakens the nails -- then did the first hand completely before moving on. The directions say to leave it on for 15 seconds, but it was probably closer to 30 seconds. Then I used an orange stick to push back the cuticles, rinsed under warm water (rubbing gently) and then back into the soapy water, briefly, as directed.

And the result? The difference, if any, is so subtle only a before and after picture might show it. I'll give it a try on my toes but won't buy this again. The old-fashioned way works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff actually works! I bought it because of the reviews here and I was tired of cutting my cuticles and having them get sore. This gel was about $5 at the drug store and it really does dissolve cuticles. I would follow the directions and definitely not leave it on for more than a minute - I left it on about that long the first time I used it and it almost worked too well - the skin around my nails was a bit sore. So it can be a little harsh if you leave it on too long. Other than that, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by adored88

I've been using this for a while now, one bottle lasts quite a while! This product actually does work! I've tried many other cuticle removers before this and I used to use those cuticle cutter instruments. The other potions never worked and the cuticle cutters would leave my cuticle edge a bit jagged/ragged looking. I bought this on a whim and was so pleasantly surprised! I push back my cuticles then put this on, then wait a few seconds and use an orange stick to scrap off the cuticle. Leaves my nails and hand looking very neat! I recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works fairly well, however, I would suggest soaking your nails in warm water for 20 min. before attempting to use it. Cuticles will respond much better when they have softened by soaking. Not a bad product for the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Glad I bought it! This one is the only cuticle remover which works efficiently on my dry, overgrown cuticles. Until now, I have tried everything else from Mavala to Barielle. Even other cuticle removers of SH did not work like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this because misschievous uses it and she has perfect nails. It works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Inexpensive, easy to use, effective, quick and comes in convenient packaging. What's not to like? I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This remover really works, its quick so you have about 2 minutes to work with it. I leave it on about 3 minutes a little longer than what it says on the bottle, brush with a soft toothbrush and rinse. Then I use a cuticle stick to push back.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

This product works best after soaking your nails in warm water for like 5 minutes. Then apply to cuticles & wait 1 minute, then start gently pushing. Finish by rinsing & gently rubbing with warm washcloth. Patience is key!