August 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by cropsandtops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Bio-Oil for nearly three months and used to apply it religiously. I used to think that this cream can ultimately lighten the appearance of stretch marks miraculously however I was wrong. Though nothing can really remove stretch marks aside from laser procedures, Bio-Oil is still not half bad. Yes buying the product might have not worked as I expected though it made my skin feel smooth and soft. The scent is appealing but many don't like it and to be honest, I saw a shade of my stretch mark get lighter but I'm not sure if it's the stretch mark fading into white or the cream itself. Overall I would buy this product for moisturizing purposes but it defeats the purpose of why someone would actually buy the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an good product which I use during winter when my skin (especially my cheeks) gets really dry and irritated. My sister recommended it for that purpose.

I have a few of the small bottles at work and home. During winter I apply one drop with my normal moisturiser in the morning and night. It works pretty well in hydrating my skin but I don't care for the smell very much.

Also I found that if I apply a little too much then I get prone to breakouts because it clogs my pores - so be careful of overapplication.

EDIT July 2014: I've downgraded this to three lippies because after using this on and off I've realised that this clogs my pores and makes me prone to breakouts. However my skin also doesn't deal well with oils including rosehip oil as well. This just doesn't work very well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to work in a health shop, and i had numerous people tell me how useless it was.
i've had many reports that it made little or no difference to their scars and skin. one person told me it made their new scars feel incredibly hard/ solid. this is not a product i would ever buy. that's my Mums do not use this on stretch marks etc.
if you look at the ingredients there is nothing in there that you couldn't make yourself, especially for the price bio oil costs! it has lavender and chamolile oil in it, but these essential oils are not strong enough alone to tackle severe scarring. of course, there are many ingredients which are ridiculous and not even useful for scars and healthy skin.

to make your own oil for scars, use any of these oils, for example:
1) rose hip oil - which can be purchased from Holland and Barrett from an ethical source. i know this works as my sister used it on her scarring on the sides of her jaw from spots, and it minimised the redness there.
2) vit E oil
3) jojoba oil
4) grapeseed oil
Using an oil, or a combination of these oils, will work wonders! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on products that have little or no effective ingredients, such as bio oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Jazmine365

I absolutely love this product! I bought it about two months ago from a recommendation from a friend of mine who recommended it to help with a scar on my little brother, he also told me that not only did it work for scars it worked for stretch marks too. I bought two of the 2 fl oz bottles (one for my brothers scars and one for me to test myself). I've had stretch marks on my hips and upper thigh area since I was in the 5th grade (about 11 or 12) Ive never had any children or anything. I'm 19 now and my stretch marks were still the same before using the bio oil...they were purple reddish marks on both hips going to both the sides of my lower back and down my thighs. I wish I could have taken a picture because they were pretty bad and I thought I was just always going to have to live with them because I've had them for 7+ years! Needless to say I started using bio oil two months ago...everyday twice a day like the bottle says once after my shower in the morning and once before bed I would take some of the oil and massage it into both legs. After about two weeks I noticed that about half of my stretch marks had disappeared and now 2 months later they're basically completely gone! I still use the oil but only once a day now just before bed just to get rid or the last two or three spots but this oil changed my body image completely! I'm so happy with it and I'm so happy I gave it a try. I just ran out of my initial bottle like yesterday so I need to make a trip to buy more. I think this product is wonderful! Lightweight oil that disappears within minutes, great smell and it really works! I don't mind the price at all because I know it's going to give me results! Highly recommend for getting rid of stretch marks and evening out skin tone on the body!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and the cold winter made these bad flakey patches on my cheeks, so I bought BioOil for the hydrating properties. It worked GREAT. I applied it all over my face at night after removing all my makeup and let it do it's thing overnight. At first it is very greasy/oily (so you could never wear it in the day) but by the morning it had really sunk into my face and started helping my dry patches immediately. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Seob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do not know about this product even though I've been using it for last 4 months. I guess it helped me to clear my face from acne scars but I am not sure whether my face got clear because of this or it naturally healed itself. I have combination skin (not getting really dry) but it did not break me out, so if you want give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

I love this!!!
People complain cause they dont see immediate results, and you dont after 2 weeks. I have very bad uneven skin tone and i have no radiance what so ever(my foundation gives me that). So i went to the store, i bought this in their smallest size and i started to use it immediately. This is my routine:
1)After removing all my makeup at night, with very clean skin i apply this(a little goes a long way), i message it into my skin for about 1-2min until its absorbed.
2)After i wash my radiant skin in the morning, my skin feels tight and dry, so i apply a dime size on my face and message again until absorbed 1-2min.
3) I repeat everyday

I recently looked at some of my old photos and i realized that my skin is soooo much better than before, it has radiance, its clear and spot-free, and most importantly my skin tone is breath taking! I DONT NEED COVERAGE FOUNDATION!!!!!!! I go with a light bb cream and im out the door. I dont even need a concealer anymore cause my dark circles are GONE!

Advantages:
No more dark circles
Better even skin tone
Radiance
No spots
Better complexion
NO MAKEUP NEEDED TO COVER ANYTHING REALLY!!

Disadvantages:
Take about 2-3 months to start seeing results!

P.s I have been using it for 2 months and 2 weeks now..I HAVE BEEN GETTING SO MUCH COMPLIMENTS ON MY SKIN NOW ;;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bio oil is quite oily and does not absorb easily into skin so I had to massage it into my skin. As for reducing scars, I do not think it helps much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

I bought this product because I'm seven months pregnant and have developed terrible stretch marks on my chest which are visible when i wear low cut tops. I have been using it for about two weeks now and they say thats when you should see a difference. I also use a small amount on my face where i have minor acne scars - cheeks, forehead, sometimes chin. I feel that its made my skin slightly better looking. also a WONDERFUL moisturizer. However, I do not feel that its doing anything for my stretch marks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by budafudawuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was recommended to me by a friend. She described it as a kind of skin "panacea". She uses a small amount on her face once a day and claimed it helped even out her complexion, reduced the appearance of fine lines, and made her skin radiant. I must say, for the first few days, it worked a treat and did all she promised. For a few glorious days, I strutted around the office, head held high, feeling - I must confess - more than a little smug. Alack, I would come to see this time as the brief, bittersweet springtime of my voodoo. I am a male with oily skin and my daily use of Bio Oil soon soon resulted in the break out to end all break outs! Now, I lurk in dark corners and clumsily conceal boil-sized pustules with Maybeline. Or at least, I did. For a week or so. I now only use Bio Oil from time to time as the final step in my skin care routine, topically, on areas that are blemish free and never on consecutive days.