October 31, 2014 | 829 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Hankemac

When I first read the reviews where people talked about applying an oil to your face for evening out skin tone, preventing ageing and reducing acne breakouts I literally laughed, scoffed even!! I thought with my acne prone and scarred skin there is absolutely no way - on earth - an oil will be touching my face!! Then I broke my knee and had to have open knee surgery - I had heard of Bio Oil as something that you might as well give a go to reduce the scarring and thought why not, my knee can't look any worse surely!! So I started to rub it into my scar twice a day, then as I was off work anyway I thought - why not try on my face too and see what happens - if it makes me look worse at least I won't be at work for everyone to comment on!! Well I must say for me it is possibly the best thing I could have tried!! I have applied it twice a day for about 4 months and the difference is quite astounding!! My skin is considerably smoother - hitting 30 it went not just acne prone but rough too and lines were appearing (everywhere)! It has smoothed, evened out my skin tone, reduced fine lines and for an oil - not only has it not made me break out more but I'm convinced the massaging of the oil into my skin has actually stopped spots turning from bumps to the (I hate to say it) almost boils I had before!! Please note, you can't slap this stuff on like a day cream, more is less as far as I'm concerned! To help me regulate this I rub it into my knee first then what is left on my finger tips I massage in! I can't praise this product enough and if like me you are (we're) really at your wits end about how to even out your skin tone etc, I would definately give it ago! I'm guessing persistence is the key with this product, two applications is not going to turn you into an air brushed super model, but for me both my face and knee seem to have improved considerably from using this and I will continue to do so!! Xx

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by carolinevictoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product to soften the look of my stretch marks on my hips and buttocks; I was a runner before I hit puberty and my skin stretched immensely. The scars are indented and white. Of course I wasn't expecting a miracle & have them vanish, but having sensitive skin and using a product with such a strong chemical odor; I should have known better. I broke out into a massive rash, that eventually turned dry and flaky. It certainly did not help my confidence in its entirety. I've since used the oil in smaller amounts on small scratches to prevent scaring, it seems to only work on new 'damaged' areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LilyofVenus

This oil is really good for facial massage - it isnt too greasy and it absorbs quite well, as long as you dont use too much. If you have oily skin it might not work well under make up but not too many people use oil as a daily moisturiser anyway.
Not sure how this works on stretchmarks as I havent used it for that, but it absorbs really well into the skin on my body and it doesnt smell too bad either

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

I'm pregnant and wanted to prevent stretchmarks. At this point, I'm only 14 weeks so I haven't stretched out anyway, but bio oil smells soooooo bad that I dread using this every time. I cannot, cannot, cannot imagine why anyone would want to smell like bio oil. It smells like (please forgive me) older people, or like, grandma's perfume, maybe even grandma's house, that kind of thing. All I know is I am too embarrassed to smell like bio oil out of the house, so rest assured I am not using it as much as I should. The smell LINGERS and sticks to your clothes. So I put it on at night (I have to use up this huge bottle!) and put whatever I had on that night into the laundry.

Is it helping with stretch marks? Who knows. I used some on my thigh stretchmarks and I couldn't tell just yet. It smells so awful that I'd prefer stretchmarks if this were my only option.

Also, dont use this on your face, they claim it's safe to but it will break you out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Jeskanicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love bio oil. most people don't understand that you're going to have to go threw at least 2 small bottles to get results. I have been using this for a really long time on my stretch marks and they are gone! we'll not completely but they used to be really dark and now you have to get up close to my skin in the right lighting to see the stretch marks so i would say this product did the job. I only wish it came with a pump because i usually when i pour it, too much comes out. that's my only complaint other then that is pretty amazing

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by melaphant333

I was really excited when I got this because my skin is VERY prone to stretch marks and scarring. I've always struggled with stretch marks on my butt, thighs, and breasts even though i've never been over weight, had children, or had any crazy growth spurts (usual causes). So when I saw commercials for this product I was quite interested. I'm almost through the entire bottle, and I have had NO results :( . I use it everytime I get out of the shower and it has really done nothing for me. If you have stretch mark - prone skin, don't get your hopes up too high for this product. It did keep me moisturized though. Also if anyone knows of a miracle stretch mark product please share your secrets!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this on my face after viewing vids on youtube where pple swore that this worked. I must admit that it does. I was surprised that an oil was capable of absorbing into the skin without being greasy. I use it under my makeup everyday and I do not notice any additional oiliness. I did notice the lightening of acne scars which was the purpose of the purchase. I have also noticed a reduction in breakouts as well. I never had an acne problem but there was the ocassional breakout...but I honestly cannot recall that last time I had a pimple.

This may not work for some but it has for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by cchun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin in the winter, and this oil has helped so much! I get breakouts since my skin can get so dry, and this helps moisturize my skin and KEEPS it moisturized throughout the day. I also have terrible acne scars and after using this everyday the scars have faded a little. It's not a dramatic change, but my skin tone looks more even. I used to have to cover up my flaws and blemishes with a lot of foundation which I didn't like, but ever since I started using this I haven't had to use foundation as much, just some concealer on occasion. I definitely recommend giving it a try yourself, since it seems to work differently for different people. It also smells great, which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have not noticed any miracles, but being Bio Oil contains some beneficial oils like Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary, and Chamomile, I will continue to use it. It does contain Mineral Oil, but that does not bother my skin, and is also an ingredient in my beloved Clinique DDML. Oh, it smells divine if I must say so myself, and seems to attract my husband from afar. Full ingredient list:

Botanicals:

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)
Vitamins

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Oil base

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)
Triisononanoin

Linalool
Color (Orange)

D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, since Im reading so many negative reviews on here, I felt I needed to write a review about MY experience with this product. I have been buying this stuff for a few years at this point. I buy it for a number of reasons, but the first and primary reason Is that it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in my expression lines. The first time I bought it, I used it nightly on my face and neck and noticed a dramatic difference it the texture of my skin. My expression lines were almost completely unnoticeable in two weeks (no joke) and my face felt super soft and moisturized.

While using it, it actually made my pores tighter and I typically have large pores that are really susceptible to clogging and blackheads.

I started using it on a scar on my knee that I've had since I was a kid, and its no longer noticeable. I can see where it was because its my body and my scar, but I showed my mom and she couldn't see it at all, so then she went and bought a bottle for herself lol.

This product is an oil so it's going to feel like an oil. I only use it at night if Im applying to my face and neck, using The LEAST amount of product that will sufficiently cover my face and neck...only adding more product if needed. If you use too much (which is easy to do) you'll look like a giant grease ball and you may freak out. I've found that it works best when it can fully absorb into your skin overnight. Using before any kind of makeup application is just absurd. It won't be a good outcome... I can tell you that lol.
However, the result upon waking up is soft, moisturized, glowy skin that isn't greasy or oily at all.

When I was applying it to my scar, I applied it twice a day. Once after showering in the morning and again before bed.

The smallest bottle, which I think is 2oz. lasts me forever, seriously. I actually just bought a new one last night at Walgreens for $12.99. I lost my other bottle while moving, but I had maybe a quarter of a bottle left and I had had that bottle for close to a year. Of course it will differ by person and by use.

Another thing is that I don't use it religiously constantly. Meaning, I'll use it when my skin is feeling dry, patchy, and uneven, but I won't use it when my skin is feeling oily on its own due to hormones or the weather. Some nights I just need more moisturizing than others.

All in all, this is one of my fave products. I prefer it over Strivectin, even. Strivectin seems to leave my skin much greasier than Bio Oil and causes some white heads. I have had more significant results with my wrinkles using Bio Oil than I ever have with Strivectin. Plus, its dirt cheap compared to the cost of Strivectin!

I recommend trying this out. It may not work for you or your skin, or you may be pleasantly surprised. I was.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No