October 1, 2014 | 965 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have not noticed any miracles, but being Bio Oil contains some beneficial oils like Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary, and Chamomile, I will continue to use it. It does contain Mineral Oil, but that does not bother my skin, and is also an ingredient in my beloved Clinique DDML. Oh, it smells divine if I must say so myself, and seems to attract my husband from afar. Full ingredient list:

Botanicals:

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)
Vitamins

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Oil base

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)
Triisononanoin

Linalool
Color (Orange)

D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, since Im reading so many negative reviews on here, I felt I needed to write a review about MY experience with this product. I have been buying this stuff for a few years at this point. I buy it for a number of reasons, but the first and primary reason Is that it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in my expression lines. The first time I bought it, I used it nightly on my face and neck and noticed a dramatic difference it the texture of my skin. My expression lines were almost completely unnoticeable in two weeks (no joke) and my face felt super soft and moisturized.

While using it, it actually made my pores tighter and I typically have large pores that are really susceptible to clogging and blackheads.

I started using it on a scar on my knee that I've had since I was a kid, and its no longer noticeable. I can see where it was because its my body and my scar, but I showed my mom and she couldn't see it at all, so then she went and bought a bottle for herself lol.

This product is an oil so it's going to feel like an oil. I only use it at night if Im applying to my face and neck, using The LEAST amount of product that will sufficiently cover my face and neck...only adding more product if needed. If you use too much (which is easy to do) you'll look like a giant grease ball and you may freak out. I've found that it works best when it can fully absorb into your skin overnight. Using before any kind of makeup application is just absurd. It won't be a good outcome... I can tell you that lol.
However, the result upon waking up is soft, moisturized, glowy skin that isn't greasy or oily at all.

When I was applying it to my scar, I applied it twice a day. Once after showering in the morning and again before bed.

The smallest bottle, which I think is 2oz. lasts me forever, seriously. I actually just bought a new one last night at Walgreens for $12.99. I lost my other bottle while moving, but I had maybe a quarter of a bottle left and I had had that bottle for close to a year. Of course it will differ by person and by use.

Another thing is that I don't use it religiously constantly. Meaning, I'll use it when my skin is feeling dry, patchy, and uneven, but I won't use it when my skin is feeling oily on its own due to hormones or the weather. Some nights I just need more moisturizing than others.

All in all, this is one of my fave products. I prefer it over Strivectin, even. Strivectin seems to leave my skin much greasier than Bio Oil and causes some white heads. I have had more significant results with my wrinkles using Bio Oil than I ever have with Strivectin. Plus, its dirt cheap compared to the cost of Strivectin!

I recommend trying this out. It may not work for you or your skin, or you may be pleasantly surprised. I was.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love the smell of this product except it gave me an alergic reaction.

After my first application, my entire face especially my eyelids were swollen. I thought maybe I'd just had a bad night so used it again the next night and my eye lids are red, sore and crepy.

Can't put it on at all without my whole face burning. I went to the doctors and got on some anti allergetic medicine. Make sure you don't have bad allergies to anything could be in this before you put it on! I am not allergic to anything that I know of so this was super odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by anniebyrne94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product and while it is very expensive (in my opinion), a little really does go a long way!

I use one or two drops of this every night after I take off my make-up and massage it into my face and neck. After only a few days of use on my face I noticed a difference, especially with regard to discolouration and skin softness. Also, I felt like it made my face more 'radiant' and a beautiful even glow (but in NO way oily).

I also wanted to mention that, with prolonged use, this does reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I had awful stretch marks around my body from puberty and my mother gave me this to use when I was about 14. I have to admit, it did take months, or even years, of regular use but eventually almost all of my stretch marks disappeared completely!

I highly, highly recommend this product to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, although, I doubt it has the ability to completely remove scars as it hasn't worked that kind of magic on me yet! Overall, excellent product with many uses.

:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by cropsandtops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Bio-Oil for nearly three months and used to apply it religiously. I used to think that this cream can ultimately lighten the appearance of stretch marks miraculously however I was wrong. Though nothing can really remove stretch marks aside from laser procedures, Bio-Oil is still not half bad. Yes buying the product might have not worked as I expected though it made my skin feel smooth and soft. The scent is appealing but many don't like it and to be honest, I saw a shade of my stretch mark get lighter but I'm not sure if it's the stretch mark fading into white or the cream itself. Overall I would buy this product for moisturizing purposes but it defeats the purpose of why someone would actually buy the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an good product which I use during winter when my skin (especially my cheeks) gets really dry and irritated. My sister recommended it for that purpose.

I have a few of the small bottles at work and home. During winter I apply one drop with my normal moisturiser in the morning and night. It works pretty well in hydrating my skin but I don't care for the smell very much.

Also I found that if I apply a little too much then I get prone to breakouts because it clogs my pores - so be careful of overapplication.

EDIT July 2014: I've downgraded this to three lippies because after using this on and off I've realised that this clogs my pores and makes me prone to breakouts. However my skin also doesn't deal well with oils including rosehip oil as well. This just doesn't work very well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to work in a health shop, and i had numerous people tell me how useless it was.
i've had many reports that it made little or no difference to their scars and skin. one person told me it made their new scars feel incredibly hard/ solid. this is not a product i would ever buy. that's my Mums do not use this on stretch marks etc.
if you look at the ingredients there is nothing in there that you couldn't make yourself, especially for the price bio oil costs! it has lavender and chamolile oil in it, but these essential oils are not strong enough alone to tackle severe scarring. of course, there are many ingredients which are ridiculous and not even useful for scars and healthy skin.

to make your own oil for scars, use any of these oils, for example:
1) rose hip oil - which can be purchased from Holland and Barrett from an ethical source. i know this works as my sister used it on her scarring on the sides of her jaw from spots, and it minimised the redness there.
2) vit E oil
3) jojoba oil
4) grapeseed oil
Using an oil, or a combination of these oils, will work wonders! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on products that have little or no effective ingredients, such as bio oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Jazmine365

I absolutely love this product! I bought it about two months ago from a recommendation from a friend of mine who recommended it to help with a scar on my little brother, he also told me that not only did it work for scars it worked for stretch marks too. I bought two of the 2 fl oz bottles (one for my brothers scars and one for me to test myself). I've had stretch marks on my hips and upper thigh area since I was in the 5th grade (about 11 or 12) Ive never had any children or anything. I'm 19 now and my stretch marks were still the same before using the bio oil...they were purple reddish marks on both hips going to both the sides of my lower back and down my thighs. I wish I could have taken a picture because they were pretty bad and I thought I was just always going to have to live with them because I've had them for 7+ years! Needless to say I started using bio oil two months ago...everyday twice a day like the bottle says once after my shower in the morning and once before bed I would take some of the oil and massage it into both legs. After about two weeks I noticed that about half of my stretch marks had disappeared and now 2 months later they're basically completely gone! I still use the oil but only once a day now just before bed just to get rid or the last two or three spots but this oil changed my body image completely! I'm so happy with it and I'm so happy I gave it a try. I just ran out of my initial bottle like yesterday so I need to make a trip to buy more. I think this product is wonderful! Lightweight oil that disappears within minutes, great smell and it really works! I don't mind the price at all because I know it's going to give me results! Highly recommend for getting rid of stretch marks and evening out skin tone on the body!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and the cold winter made these bad flakey patches on my cheeks, so I bought BioOil for the hydrating properties. It worked GREAT. I applied it all over my face at night after removing all my makeup and let it do it's thing overnight. At first it is very greasy/oily (so you could never wear it in the day) but by the morning it had really sunk into my face and started helping my dry patches immediately. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Seob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do not know about this product even though I've been using it for last 4 months. I guess it helped me to clear my face from acne scars but I am not sure whether my face got clear because of this or it naturally healed itself. I have combination skin (not getting really dry) but it did not break me out, so if you want give it a try.