October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by charisek

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I've been using it for years, and so have my mother and two sisters. We all love it. The colors are so beautiful, and you can wear it every blessed day. I even like the CG sponge applicators. And as long as you use a primer underneath the shadow, it won't crease. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (Sept. 2011)
Okay, so I didn't give this enough of a chance. Apparently it gets better once you scratch the surface of the shadows a bit. I can now use the middle color as my overall lid color, and use the darkest shade in my crease. If I still want more of a defined outer V, I use the brown shade in my ELF Eyebrow kit in Medium (yes, the setting powder!). Works nicely and tones down the shimmer a bit. The white/pink frost is way too scary for my skin tone and I just feel weird when I use it, so that's sitting unused in my trio.

This is my go-to palette when I'm feeling lazy but still want to look like I put a small effort into looking presentable and awake. Will I repurchase? Maybe...
***
Sorry to rain on the parade of praise given to this trio, but I don't like it. The lightest shade is much too frosty to use as a highlight and I find it looks unnatural on me when I put it in the inner corners of my eyes.

Although some of you have mentioned using that light shade as a highlight, I have no desire to do that since I've already got a terrific highlighter.

The middle and (supposedly) darkest shades show up looking virtually identical on my skin. There is no difference at all, and I've played around with this trio often to see if maybe I can get either of these to work, but it's all been in vain. There is no contrast between the two on me, so there's no defined crease, much less any look of an outer V. I've tried different brushes; I've tried the applicators and haven't come up with anything I like.

If I pile on too much of either the middle shade or the darker one, it just looks like shimmering mud on my eyelids, and using it with a primer has no bearing on the outcome.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very nice trio. It lasts well on me and will last all day with primer. Love the highlight shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this trio. Great, everyday colours with a lot of shimmer which I love. Lasting power isn't great for the darker two colours so I'll use a MAC shadow in the crease to define and make it last all day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by LilysMom08

I like this trio. I have had mine for quite a while now. It has kind of broken up now into chunks. The pigmentation is good. The colors are great for every day. If you are more of a natural look makeup wearer, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Apizzle

This is my daily eyeshadow. In my twenties I used the last shade the most, now I use the middle shade the most. The first shade is rather dark on me, but I do use it over the last shade every once in a while. I like this eyeshadow trio so much I always have a backup of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by somethingbeautiful

I depoted these and put them in my everyday natural eye pallet and I love them! I get compliments on my eyeshdow every day no joke.I put the pink on the lid, and the toupe on top of the pink to tone it down. You could use the dark brown but I dont just cause I use the bronze color in Maybelline Chai Latte Quad with it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by somethingbeautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shadow. I've been using the lightest color daily. I don't think that Cover Girl shadows get enough love. These are sove of my faves, period! I would freak out if these were discontinued!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Natasha82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this eye shadow trio! After hearing/reading so many great things about this, I finally picked it up a couple of months ago and I wish I had sooner! Thes shadows are lovely. They're well pigmented, soft and easy to work with. Great shades for brown/neutral lovers like me. You really can't beat the price as these shadows are great quality!