Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 5/17/2011 12:15:00 PM

I love this product its perfect for someone who doesn't want a dramatic eye look but still wants to wear eyeshadow. True to its name, this palette is very shimmery so if you prefer matte eyeshadow's I would stay away from this product.

This is really truly a palette that any natural eyeshadow lover must own. I love drugstore makeup, i could say almost half of my makeup routine involves drugstore products. If someone told me I could I only use one drugstore product of the rest of my life, I would say this trio in a heartbeat. This is a palette that a 12 year old girl who's just getting into makeup can use or a 30-45 career woman can wear and love. It will bring out any eye color and go with any skin tone or outfit. It can be worn with any color lip or eyeliner as well. I am speechless when it comes to this trio because in all honesty all other products with the exception of lash blast by cover girl suck. These shadows blend well, last all day over a primer and most importantly have a similar pigmentation to my mac and urban shadows. These colors are gorgeous and so versatile, i even use the light shimmery pink color as a facial highlight, occasionally. I have purchased this for almost all my friends and they love it just as much as i do. Im serious, GO..RUN to the drugstore and buy this, i promise you wont regret it!

This is my everyday eyeshadow. It's subtle and looks great with a little eyeliner and mascara. I don't use the whole trio. I think the lighest color is just too shimmery so I don't use it. But the other 2 colors are so great that I would buy the trio again.

on 5/9/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a no brainer trio for everyday. It would match pretty much any outfit. The colors are pigmented, but not so much that they can be overdone. It creates a nice subtle look for me. I like to use this trio with a little black eyeliner and mascara for school because it's so natural, but I also think it'd be good if you were going for neutral summer makeup. This is definitely a quad that I would call a great staple for any collection.
The only complaints are the packaging (really, it's kind of sad. my lid feels like it's going to break off and I just got it not that long ago. It's also a bit boring) and the fact that I wish there was a bit more of a difference between the colors. It does make it easy to use, but I wish the crease color was a little darker so I could get a bit more definiton

on 4/20/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recalled the name of this palette while in the cosmetics aisle at wally world. However, I was put off that it was CoverGirl given my lack of success with their shadows in the past. It was cheap so I figured, why not?
WOW! The shadow is silky and blends easily. The perfect cool neutrals for my NW15 complexion. PERFECT for work/everyday. I agree that using all three shadows may be a bit too much shimmer for some; in general it's good to add a matte shadow into the mix to keep the look "dimensional."
The packaging is sturdy. A winner! Continue to photo...

continued >>

on 4/11/2011 6:19:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I've been using it for years, and so have my mother and two sisters. We all love it. The colors are so beautiful, and you can wear it every blessed day. I even like the CG sponge applicators. And as long as you use a primer underneath the shadow, it won't crease. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.

on 3/23/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE (Sept. 2011)
Okay, so I didn't give this enough of a chance. Apparently it gets better once you scratch the surface of the shadows a bit. I can now use the middle color as my overall lid color, and use the darkest shade in my crease. If I still want more of a defined outer V, I use the brown shade in my ELF Eyebrow kit in Medium (yes, the setting powder!). Works nicely and tones down the shimmer a bit. The white/pink frost is way too scary for my skin tone and I just feel weird when I use it, so that's sitting unused in my trio.

This is my go-to palette when I'm feeling lazy but still want to look like I put a small effort into looking presentable and awake. Will I repurchase? Maybe...
***
Sorry to rain on the parade of praise given to this trio, but I don't like it. The lightest shade is much too frosty to use as a highlight and I find it looks unnatural on me when I put it in the inner corners of my eyes.

Although some of you have mentioned using that light shade as a highlight, I have no desire to do that since I've already got a terrific highlighter.

The middle and (supposedly) darkest shades show up looking virtually identical on my skin. There is no difference at all, and I've played around with this trio often to see if maybe I can get either of these to work, but it's all been in vain. There is no contrast between the two on me, so there's no defined crease, much less any look of an outer V. I've tried different brushes; I've tried the applicators and haven't come up with anything I like.

If I pile on too much of either the middle shade or the darker one, it just looks like shimmering mud on my eyelids, and using it with a primer has no bearing on the outcome.

on 3/18/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very nice trio. It lasts well on me and will last all day with primer. Love the highlight shade.

on 3/18/2011 12:01:00 AM

LOVE this trio. Great, everyday colours with a lot of shimmer which I love. Lasting power isn't great for the darker two colours so I'll use a MAC shadow in the crease to define and make it last all day :)

on 3/8/2011 12:34:00 PM

I like this trio. I have had mine for quite a while now. It has kind of broken up now into chunks. The pigmentation is good. The colors are great for every day. If you are more of a natural look makeup wearer, this is for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials