October 25, 2014 | 1437 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ahrako

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been reading reviews about this eyeshadow and I have to agree, this is a hard one to blend out and use as a color on the lid. I use this as an eyeliner from time to time for a fun look, never really as an eyeshadow. The reason it looks so good in the pan is because it is highly concentrated and packed in tight - once you pick up the color and try to blend it out, it becomes a black-ish color and glitters become loose. This is a great eyeliner shadow - wet your angeled eyeliner brush a little, dip it in the pan, line away - it looks exactly like it does in the pan when used this way.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first shadows I got from MAC. It isn't an easy one to work with. I usually just use it in the crease with pink or purple looks. Over Stars N' Rockets it turns out to to be a really crazy purple color. I love it.

Though, this color is really not that versatile. I like using Young Punk instead now because of the lack of fall out of the sparkle. I don't think I would repurchase it. I haven't really even put a dent in the one I have so I am not too worried about it. Also you can't use a lot of the shadow anyways or it is just too much.

I am on the fence about it, I don't love it nor do I hate it. I don't think I would recommend it to anyone who is just starting out with makeup at all, it would be a huge turn off for them.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

This color is very hard to blend, the color itself looks amazing when its in the pan but once you try to blend it on your lids the purple goes away and you are left with just black. you will need to find a good technique to use this.. I wont repurchase because it didnt work for me. its no different than any other black eyeshadow. I even prefer just dabbing purple glitter on top of my black eyeshadows to get a better outcome.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Jackiepicky

this is the eyeyshadow that looks good on the site and in its own package but on my lids I don;t think so . It came out the ugly weird black color and the gliters dropping all over my cheeks , it not even shimmery or anything worth the price I paid . Mac eyeshadow not that good compared to other brands , they even worse than Nyx eyeshadows. I own lot of Mac stuffs and their eyeshadow never amaze me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Oye .. this is definitely a head turner just to look at in the pot! Beauty Marked is a smokey black with heavy burgundy/wine shimmer. The only thing that stopped this from getting a 5, is the fact that most of the burgundy/wine shade is lost upon application, and it end up looking mostly black once applied. I find this shade to be great for deepening up lighter shades however (i.e. Cranberry or Sketch). This is great for layering and adding depth .. on it's own though, it just doesn't quite give the deep sultry burgundy that I was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Two words: False Advertisement. That pretty much sums up this eyeshadow. Basically useless without Bat Black Cream Colour Base. (Keep reading). I really want to love this eyeshadow. It has so many things going for it: it's made by MAC, it's absolutely gorgeous in the pan, it has a cool, edgy name....but it's pretty much a weak matte black with some sparkles. I was very tempted to crush the shadow into a powder to see if the color would be more "true" in that form. However, thank goodness I didn't, because I finally discovered a way to apply it so that it looks more like it does in the pan: Bat Black Cream Colour Base. This base is permanent with the MAC pro line, but it is currently available to everyone (that's me!) with the Style Black Collection (2009). I have to swirl my eyeshadow brush somewhat roughly to get enough product to pat onto the cream base, but this is the only way I know to make it look like it does in the pan. (Note: I also purchased the black grease stick that came out with the Style Black Collection. The grease stick, which is similar to a shade stick, does not provide a good base for this eyeshadow. This leads me to believe that a dark/black shade stick or paint pot wouldn't work either. In order to get any pay off in terms of color with this particular eyeshadow, the base must be cream. The grease stick does work wonderfully as a base for mineral eyeshadows, but I digress...) If you are looking for a cheap duplicate, try "Sensual" by NYX. Even with the NYX brand, I would suggest a dark, creamy base for real color pay off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by PiscezPrincez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color--I use it in my crease usually with purples, pinks and sometimes blues. Blends wonderfully with stars and rockets, parfait amour, and beautiful iris. It looks more shimmery in the pan than it actually is--you can definitely see some shimmer on the lid, but it doesn't look overly shimmery.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the MAC counter and it was BEAUTIFUL.I swatched it on my hand and it looked amazing,but when I applied it, it looked nothing like what I thought it was going to be.First off,it is way to hard to blend!The more I blend the less of the sparkle I see.I have tried several of MAC's velvet eyeshadows and all of them are just to dry and chalky.It did not work for me as a eyeshadow,so I tried it as an eyeliner and it just looked like a muted black with no plummy sparkly at all.I tried it wet and it still looked like a mess.This has to be one of the worst eyeshadows MAC has to offer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A deep blackened purplish red with a slightly shimmery effect that can be quite versatile. I love using this e/s in a dramtic smokey eye with other pinks or purples, I have even work this on the lid with carbon blended into the crease. Very pigmented and definitely looks nothing like it should in the pan.
Update: Finally hit pan after 4 years!! Decided to not repurchase, but try Top Knot as an alternative (I did a review). Highly prefer it over Beauty Mark!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful color. It is described as a blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect. It is a velvet. It has like burgundy/purple sparkles. Looks color would look great on everyone. It is great to put on your outer V. Looks great with beautiful iris, idol eyes, parfait amour, etc... very versatile. Highly recommend, a definite must have!!