Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 7/3/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Let me start out with saying a lot of perfume smells sour or rancid on me, sadly my skin reacts badly to most perfumes.
BUT this is not the case for Tresor!
I get so many compliments daily on how great I smell and guys love it and the smell lasts for a long time.
I would describe it as a light musk with light rose and baby powder, very feminine yet not too delicate.
So while this may not be a perfume for everyone, those who can wear it will love it!

on 6/22/2009 9:57:00 AM

I always felt a bit "meh" about Tresor until I tried the edp version, which is apricot/peach syrup, rose, and a musky-ambery drydown. I really love its honeyed muskiness, it works well for me, though I can see how younger women might find it too mature for today's style & tastes. Tresor came out 20 years or so ago? But I say wear what you like anyway. When I was young I wore fragrances that were too mature for me, as well as men's fragrances, head shop perfume oils, you name it. If you find Tresor edt too overpowering, try a drop or two of the edp or parfum. You might like that better.

on 6/17/2009 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I smelled this on a coworker and the scent smelled so sexy on her. On my coworker, it smelled more fruity. I bougth it, wore it for awhile and the scent smelled so different on me. On me, the fragrance smelled more powdery/musky. It reminds me of a scent that older women would wear. It is a nice scent but it's just not for me.

on 6/9/2009 7:56:00 PM

Oooo, J'adore of my high school years. Where I live, you read the name of your fragrance in people's eyes when you wear J'adore, Tresor and unfortunately Lolita Lempicka. Tresor is so syrupy that it is on the verge of happily ultra-boring. Over the years, I've come to associate it with Blanche of The Golden Girls.

on 4/28/2009 6:05:00 PM

I am not one for fruity florals in general with the exception of Mitsouko but I love this fragrance. It smells classically beautiful ,is tenacious which is a good thing with my scent eating skin (!) and has a sweetness to it that I love. I never grow tired of smelling this scent and for me, that means it's a winner.
This is very long lasting- on par with Poison so small sprays are enough or it will be overpowering.

on 4/20/2009 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample of this perfume.
This is the most old lady smelling perfume ever.
Idk, it's just not my thing.

on 4/20/2009 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The first time I encountered this perfume was at boarding school in the early-1990s.It was new and novel- and was in every Lancome gift bag with purchase. My room-mate had been given a very large bottle of it for Christmas. She sprayed it all over herself, every morning and every night with glee and abandon. Ok, it was her first 'grown-up' perfume that didn't smell like her Nana, but really!! It was disgusting.

We could smell her about 20 metres before she appeared- and that's not a good thing on a 16 year old, or indeed anyone.

Sadly I cannot abide this perfume any longer. It induces nausea and headaches. It reminds me too much of being in close confines with someone who didn't understand its power. I can understand the court case many moons ago when a woman sued her co-worker for wearing excessive amounts of this stuff.

I am so happy that I haven't smelt this stuff for years. Pity the same can't be said of Red Door also.

on 4/14/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received Tresor as a gift for Valentine's day, as my boyfriend at the time loved it. At first sniff I smell a sharp yet musty odor that reminds me of opening a door to a home which had been abandoned for some time. Strong and overpowering. It dries down to a headache-inducing moldy, mildewy, and old dusty stench. It just didn't mix with my body chemistry at all, or maybe I got a bad bottle? Either way, it's just not for me. After I broke up with my boyfriend, I gave Tresor away. Now every time I smell Tresor, I remember Rudy, my first love, so that's not such a bad thing.

SMELLL GORGEOUS!!!!!!

This fragrance has been around for awhile and as lovely and classic as it is I'm sure it will be around for some time to come. There are light floral notes with subtle tones of sandlewood. There's a soft gentle complexity with this fragrance that definitely makes it a favorite.

Popular Fragrances