October 20, 2014 | 1882 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I am not one for fruity florals in general with the exception of Mitsouko but I love this fragrance. It smells classically beautiful ,is tenacious which is a good thing with my scent eating skin (!) and has a sweetness to it that I love. I never grow tired of smelling this scent and for me, that means it's a winner.
This is very long lasting- on par with Poison so small sprays are enough or it will be overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this perfume.
This is the most old lady smelling perfume ever.
Idk, it's just not my thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I encountered this perfume was at boarding school in the early-1990s.It was new and novel- and was in every Lancome gift bag with purchase. My room-mate had been given a very large bottle of it for Christmas. She sprayed it all over herself, every morning and every night with glee and abandon. Ok, it was her first 'grown-up' perfume that didn't smell like her Nana, but really!! It was disgusting.

We could smell her about 20 metres before she appeared- and that's not a good thing on a 16 year old, or indeed anyone.

Sadly I cannot abide this perfume any longer. It induces nausea and headaches. It reminds me too much of being in close confines with someone who didn't understand its power. I can understand the court case many moons ago when a woman sued her co-worker for wearing excessive amounts of this stuff.

I am so happy that I haven't smelt this stuff for years. Pity the same can't be said of Red Door also.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received Tresor as a gift for Valentine's day, as my boyfriend at the time loved it. At first sniff I smell a sharp yet musty odor that reminds me of opening a door to a home which had been abandoned for some time. Strong and overpowering. It dries down to a headache-inducing moldy, mildewy, and old dusty stench. It just didn't mix with my body chemistry at all, or maybe I got a bad bottle? Either way, it's just not for me. After I broke up with my boyfriend, I gave Tresor away. Now every time I smell Tresor, I remember Rudy, my first love, so that's not such a bad thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

SMELLL GORGEOUS!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

This fragrance has been around for awhile and as lovely and classic as it is I'm sure it will be around for some time to come. There are light floral notes with subtle tones of sandlewood. There's a soft gentle complexity with this fragrance that definitely makes it a favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells old-world, like Persia or Greece. It has a timelessness to it.
This is the perfume I would wear at my engagement party. It makes me want to kiss somebody. It smells like that moment when the curtain of mundanity is lifted from your eyes (whoosh) & you catch a glimpse of the world as it could be, and as it is, secretly...
My uncle has a homey little orchard with a tyre-swing on one of the trees, & this is what it smells like, that little world of beauty in the middle of the suburbs.
He grows mostly pear trees, but I didn't detect that note of pear in the fragrance, till I read a couple of reviews that made me slap my forehead & go "of course!"
I like that edge & kick to it, though others might not--that have you wondering, is it a beautiful scent, or not? It's a bit off-center like that.
It's not a BEAUTIFUL fragrance, it's a SPUNKY fragrance. At the start (when you spray it on), for a few seconds it smells like sickly-sweet rotten fruit. Then that fades away to a tinge (a GOOD tinge, it's genius...gives it dimension), and you're left with the real body of the perfume..which be damn intoxicating.
I am going to be lame & compare perfume to a Movie Moment. You know Gladiator? Well you know the part where Russell Crowe/Maximus Decimus Blahblahblahimus is going back home (dying), back to his paradise, with his wife & son waiting in the field? The warm setting sun, the way he strokes the wheat, the way the cyprus trees sway in the wind. It's such a tender moment, such a happy moment. It always reminds me of this fragrance.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tessture

At the start, this one always smells like it's gone off to me . My first encounter was a chance sniff out of a department store bottle and I honestly thought the juice had spoiled. Well, I've now tried it on my skin and it starts out just like that: Strong and spoiled. This fades quickly into a creamy-sweet floral scent that it rather nice, but the whole effect is spoiled by a persistent pickle note. I finally understand what ladies mean when they say a scent has a pickle note: It smells like pickles in vinegar, just faintly, but it sure throws off any pretensions to beauty this might have. Dry down is more of an inoffensive, retiring copy of L'Instant plus that ever-so-faint waft of brined cucumber. Tresor and my skin don't agree at all. A no go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kk1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i feel bad, a little like a traitor...unknowingly, my grandmother wore this and as i smelt it, i discovered something so familiar and warm about the scent. SO, i immediately went out and bough the whole gift package and proceeded to overdose on the scent altogether. I LOVED it so genuinely in the beginning, that i feel bad having cast it aside for Allure Sensual by Chanel. I know that i will spritz this once prized possession of sweet apricot goodness once again, but I believe that after loving, embracing and appreciating chanel, my days of longing for this scent are done. sad story i know...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've sprayed this on me again and again, each time hoping the smell will transform into something better each time. I have been disappointed each time. There's nothing innovative about this scent - it's hard to put my finger on what this smells of but it's certainly a profuse concoction of flowers, nothing oriental or spicy about it at all. It's a relatively strong scent, this may be another reason why I don't like this.