Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 5/15/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Great powder especially for my sensitive skin. I bought it 6 yrs ago for first time and continue buying it. My shade was stay honey. But the last one I bought was way too dark so I guess I have to switch to a lighter shade.
Still I have to say, that I have to apply it several times a day to get rid of sheen.

on 5/4/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Eh. Not horrible but not great either. I have Shade 02, Stay Neutral. The Translucent one looked yellow in the pan. My son decided to scoop out the contents in my MAC Blot Powder and my Lancome Pressed Powder so I went to Macy's to pick up a PP for my purse and got sucked in over at Clinique looking at their lip glosses. It works, I use it as a blot powder to keep in my purse ~ but it adds a lot of color if aren't careful about it (huge pet peeve of mine!). It is also VERY matte. Yes, I knew it going in to an extent. I don't like my make-up to look perfectly flat. It doesn't control shine, doesn't give me break outs or anything., It just isn't 'me'. I won't buy this one again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used this for a long time, but I was in a different climate.
It worked well on me in New Mexico, where its hot and dry. I didnt have any trouble with it.
But here in London where its wet and Im oily it just cakes on me weird, turns orange in an hour, and requires constant touch ups.

on 4/14/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I didn't really like this product because it felt heavy on my face and even though it's the right shade for my skin, after re-applying twice it made my skin look darker. Oil control was alright.. could be better.

on 3/29/2010 4:48:00 PM

Pros:
Keeps skin mate and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
Breaks easily
sponge that comes with it is terrible

on 3/29/2010 2:35:00 AM

I like this product quite a bit. I use it over my MAC studio fix fluid, and it makes it very matte without adding anymore coverage which i really dont need with such a thick foundation. Overall its good for if you have oily skin and you want to set your liquid foundation without adding anything thick or noticable.

on 3/19/2010 1:54:00 AM

this powder has no coverage power for my face. cannot cover blemish or any other imperfection. but yes it stays matte all day. so I only use it for retouch my skin. don't expect for adding any coverage.

on 3/9/2010 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I love Clinique products but this powder is just the worst when it comes to oil control. I have no idea why. I apply it and I let some time pass and I'm twice as oily as before. What I do like is that its gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out. I've had different powders by them and they worked better for me.

on 3/3/2010 5:33:00 AM

I've been using this powder for ages. Many times I switched to other brands but I always come back to this product. It neutralizes my oily T-zone. I use it after Clinique blended face powder to set up my sunscreen (I never use foundation). It makes my skin look natural all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use this to set foundation and it gets the job done. It's sheer so it doesn't really leave any color on my face. A lot fo times during the day I will use it to neutralize shine. It also does a great job at doing that. I've been using this powder for 5 years now and I don't plan to stop buying it unless they discontinue the product.