July 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Mythic while on my Great Highlighter Quest and for some time I thought it was fantastic. I loved the scent, what I thought was the pearlescent effect on my skin, the gorgeous if somewhat impractical packaging. I didn't like how if I dropped it the little balls would go everywhere and I lost quite a few under the wardrobe. Then one day I applied it and really looked at my skin. I was so disappointed because all could see were little sparkles and no radiant glow as you may expect from a product that has been marketed by Guerlain as a radiance powder and is clearly in the "highlighter" section of MUA. I changed brushes, I changed the amount I put on, I changed where I put it on - no luck. It still looked like a pre-pubescent's sparkly glitter makeup you get from the $2 shop. I ended up giving this to my sister. My Great Highlighter Quest had a happy ending with my Meow highlighter, but that's another story.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by syeang

i have fair skin, dull occasionally due to late nights and all. i've heard about this from magazines. i have tons of compact powders and foundations stash all over my table. but sometimes i just get really lazy to dab them on...so i tried guerlain. this product amazed me sooo much. i just brush this all over my face after moisturiser. wait for a few minutes to set in with the natural oils from our face-the results are really great! its great as a cover up for blusher gone wrong. a sweep on the cheeks and everything is perfect. great smell....
set backs are the price (but the SA told me it will last for 2 yrs) and the cardboard box packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

I don't think my makeup is done until I apply my Guerlain meteorites (Mythic-01); it really does everything promised, it makes you glow, its perfect for when taking pictures too. smells great when applying, I love the packaging I think is better for the enviroment and if you are not in a rush when using all pearls should remain in the container. I use it with my TooFaced teddy bear retractable Kabuki brush and It just feels great!! I feel like a million bucks when I use this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by UndressYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good finishing powder, but nothing that another finishing powder can't do. I have a l'oreal mineral veil and it gives me the same exact glow, so I can't really justify buying this again when I can get something better for $12....Just saying, don't pay retail but if you can get them cheaper they are nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE Meteorites. I'm on my third container of Meteorites in Mythic, and they are my all-time favorite finishing powder. I agree with all the reviewers before me who say these give you a lovely glow. They make my skin more luminous. I am a cool-toned PPP with pink undertones, and Mythic works beautifully for me. I usually apply them with the big Smashbox Face and Body brush, but I've also used a powder buff or other brush and all work well (although I prefer the Smashbox brush). Save your money on the Meteorites brush. I bought it when I first bought Meteorites years ago, and it is not a good brush. I also have the LE Pucci Meteorites, and I like them as well but because of their shimmer, they are not good for everyday use like Mythic. I also have the voyager pressed powder (although I didn't order the expensive compact; Instead, I get the refill and put it in my Stila powder foundation compact), which I carry in my purse and use as my touch up powder. I will not be without my Meteorites. As I said, I'm on my third container of Mythic, and will buy it again and again. I'm on my second voyager compact (considering how small it is, it's amazing how long it lasts) and will buy it again and again. As for the LE Pucci Meteorites, because I only use them when I want a little shimmer, I don't see my needing to rebuy them because they will last forever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tracy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being using the powder for a few months and it certainly brightens my face.Overall i like this product but if they pack the meteorites balls into a better casing would be nice.Will certainly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my Mythic Les Meteorites balls powder - in my opinion they are expensive and I thought for a long time before I go to buy it. I think it's worth the money though. The first time I saw them was at a friend's place and she let me use a bit of it, but I did not notice any difference on my face at all. I was attracted to the balls and the cute package though. Then I read other people's reviews, and saw them on many magazines saying they are the hottest thing now, and I think I'll give them a try again. And yes...this time I noticed a difference - the thing is when you look at yourself at the mirror you won't see too much. This thing "glows" a bit in different kinds of light - so depending on the lightings in your surrounding it glows differently. I think when taking pictures with the flashlight it glows the best - no one will think you put something on your face, the glow is very natural but you do see a difference if you compare to your other pictures without putting the meteorites on your face! Not only the glowing and the radiance, but these balls somehow make your skin looks finer and your skin tone more even and smooth. My skin is good (no acne, not oily, small pores etc) but I think these balls can make it looks even better.

I did not give it a 5 because I get such a small box with ~50usd and I noticed that (not sure if that's because I bought it online and it was shipped to me) there are already loose powders at the bottom of the box when I opened mine brand new - that means the balls are already "shredding" off the powders due to normal handling before I touched them. I also don't like the fact that everytime I open the box powders/dust are flying all around from the inside to the outside.

I love them and just wish their price is a little bit less. I will want to try the other colors =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by neongirl

It`s the best thing I ever have bought. It makes me feel and look amazing + the scent of it is wonderful. I bought my first meteorites in 1988. Havenīt been using them for about ten years, but last week when I bought a magazine I saw the pucci meteorites so I went out and bougth it.I have the mythic. beige chic, pink fresh, winter radiance, gold temptation and the pucci ones and I love them all. The mythic ones I use daily over foudation as finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I adore this highlighter! Alas, I wish for the price you received a better, higher quality container. While pretty, it is made out of cardboard. I love the way this makes my skin glow and evens out my tone. I've tried a similar product in compact form from Physician's Formula but it does not give you the same glow. I'm oily/combo so normally I avoid "glow" at all costs because I do that quite well on my own without help...but this is different. It's not shiny or anything, just radiant! I was only wearing this to go out, but then I bought the Pearly Touch. I'll use that for nights out and I've started using this everyday over my makeup (I switch between Everyday Minerals when it is super hot out like it is now, 115 (!), and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It works wonderfully over both!

Will definitely repurchase, but I'm imagining this will last a long while!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arcadia44

I had been using this product (in Mythic) just for nights out and special occasion until one night i had a guy- YES A BOY!- say i was glowing...SOLD. Now i use it almost everyday on top of a tinted moisturizer, it really makes your skin look great.