April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Removes waterproof mascara and eye make up like a dream. Slightly soak cotton, then press onto eye for 5 seconds, gently swipe and voila! The product is like Bi-Facil as it is 2 phase, shake and use, except it's much cheaper. I've been using a GWP for about two months now and probably still have another week left. Can't imagine how long the full size will last. Also feel like it somewhat conditions my lashes and prevents lash fall out from waterproof mascara usage. Does the job and then some!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ssallin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent eye makeup remover. I use the Take off the day cleansing balm and then finish off the last little amount of eye makeup with this. I've used Chanel, Neutrogena, Almay ( stinks) Laura Mercier, etc.etc. This is the best by far!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have it for five yers since 2006. I still hve it. It lasts long in the boottle or jar. it works, better than vaseline. It revoves my makeup perfectly

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

This removes eye makeup pretty good, but I have to wet my eyes before use if I use certain mascaras. The bottle is not that good, I often spill lots of product down my drain... But all in all I like this product! It's mild and gentle, and it never burns my eyes. If it had come in another bottle it would have earned 5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a bi-phasal remover that you shake up and then apply. I've tried the Neutrogena one thinking it was the same as Clinique's because it's less than half the price, but for some reason that one burns my eyes. I received the Clinique one as a sample, and I love it. I gently rub it over my eyes and lashes with my fingers, and then tissue it off. I then wash my face and the remover off my eyes. I have no irritation whatsoever, and it removes all of my eyeliner, shadow and mascara. A little goes a long way with this remover. The only improvement I would like is for it to have a pump dispenser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ashestoamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this because I was looking for an effective but cruelty-free eye makeup remover. I have been underwhelmed by Clinique products in the past, because they haven't performed well for me. However, I love that Clinique products aren't tested on animals, and so I decided to give the brand another try. I used this product to remove my eye makeup before going to a yoga class and it did an excellent job. On swipe quickly removed waterproof mascara and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner. It did leave a slightly greasy feeling around my eye area, so I had to go over my eye area again with some micellar water for my eyes to feel clean. This didn't bother me, since I had to wipe the rest of my face makeup off anyway. The problem I had with this product came the next morning, when I woke up with my eyes feeling really itchy. I looked in the mirror and saw I developed a red rash with white bumps around my eyes. The rash continued for 3 days afterwards. Other than my adverse reaction to the product I thought it was an average eye makeup remover. It removed everything, but did leave my skin a little oily. But because I was not overly impressed with the quality of this product, and because I had an adverse reaction, I am giving it two lip pies.

UPDATE 12/15/11: I emailed Clinque about my reaction to this product. customer service was very helpful. They responded quickly to my concerns and gave me a refund on the product. Although I still would not repurchase this product, I was impressed with hoe Clinque treated my concerns as a customer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eye make up remover. I must've already gone through at least 5 of these bottles, not to mention all the little travel size ones I've gone through from their gifts with purchase sets. I remember purchasing this product back in the day when it used to only be around $14. Now at the $18.50 price tag, it's a little steep, but definitely worth it. I've tried to replace this product by many others including Lancome's Bi-facil, Target "Up" Makeup Remover, Neutrogena's eye makeup remover, and Origins, as well. Clinique's is, by far, the most effective in removing everything including waterproof mascara. There is a greasy residue IF YOU DON'T use tissue to wipe it off, but for me, once I apply this with a cotton ball then tissue off, it leaves my skin smooth with no dryness. It says you can rinse it off with water, but I haven't had a problem just wiping it away. My eyes are also sensitive, and this causes no irritation whatsoever. This is my HG eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The reviews bashing this product on account of a "greasy residue" left by this eye MU remover mystify and amuse me. I've never experienced such a phenomenon when using this product. Furthermore, what are people doing, removing their eye makeup and not washing their faces after? I always use Clinique to remove all of my eye makeup, but no matter what product you use, it's important to very gently and lightly rinse/wash your eyelids after!

Anyway, I am not a Clinique fan by any means. This product is one of the very few I have stayed loyal to after years of experimenting with, and even once loving the brand (which was years ago, during junior high school). I find their skincare does not agree with my skin at all, with the exception of TTDO and maybe two other items. This is a fabulous, silky, gentle, beautiful smelling makeup remover that obliterates everything it touches in a soothing and non-irritating way! And even though I just gave a mini sermon about properly rinsing your eyelids, lol, I've found that you don't actually NEED to with this product. When I experiment with eye makeup alone and have no other makeup on, I can simply use TTDO and nothing more without any problems. My eyelids are actually slightly oily too (unlike the rest of my skin) and I have never felt any sort of a residue.

In a moment of sheer insanity, I experimented with MAC's makeup remover and was sort of stuck with it for a few months. An SA at the MAC counter convinced me that their product was superior to everything on the market, and that contact lens wearers/people with sensitive skin and eyes raved about it. I was hesitant, because Take the Day Off has been my staple for so long, but I figured MAC's version couldn't be bad.

I was so wrong. After about three days of using MAC, I realized that my eyes were feeling sore and irritated every time I went to remove my eye makeup. I was also displeased to find I had to scrub my eyelids with Dove soap to remove most of my mascara and all the remnants of my eyeliner - none of which is even waterproof! I meant to return the bottle to Macy's, but became too busy/stressed out by life events to make another trip to the mall, so I just suffered through the bottle until it was done.

I finally purchased a new bottle of the Clinique during Sephora Friends and Family and was elated as I took it out of the box! It really is the most fantastic eye makeup remover ever, and it deserves 5 stars in spite of its slightly expensive price tag. (At least it's not as outrageous as Lancome, Chanel, or Chantecaille!) Definitely give this one a chance; there's always GWP bottles floating around eBay, blog sales, and of course MUA! You'll find that your makeup is effortlessly removed with a minimum of fuss and absolutely no irritation whatsoever.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have only ever used this when Ive recieved the mini versions in free gifts. I LOVE this stuff. It really does dissolve the most waterproof of eye makeup!! Ive just ran out of all my freebies of this so I have ordered myself a full sized! Also, this stuff doesnt irritate my eyes like a lot of removers! Full lippies for that!

as for the reviewers saying about the greasy residue, errrr, do you not wash your face afterwards??????? This isnt cleaning your face, this is removing makeup! You remove makeup, THEN cleanse properly to remove any possible residue and other dirts and oils!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vane61126

Best make-up remover that I have ever used! It removes all make-up (mascara, lipsticks, eyeliner, foundation, waterproof- anything!) You only need a small amount, it doesn't sting if it gets in the eyes, and it leaves you feeling fresh. I would say, this has to be one of the best products that Clinique has!