October 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use the lotion in this exact formula but received this in a swap instead. I am finding i really like this product in the winter months. It is actually keeping my skin less oily than the lotion at the moment. It does leave a slight white tint but that disappears with time and I also wear liquid foundation over the top. I would recommend the US versions of Shiseido sunscreens to everyone. A++++ products and I hope they never change the formulas!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ebaygirl

I really love this product as it provides great sun protection for someone like me with oily and sensitive skin. Goes on nice and smooth, non-greasy and smells great! Must have all year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using Neutrogena Dry Touch for years, I switched to this. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream is my new holy grail. My makeup stays on true all day w/ this sunscreen unlike w/ Neutrogena. (I wear sunscreen every day.) I also love the scent because it doesn't smell like sunscreen, just a luxurious cream. A fantastic product I will never with without!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great sunscreen for my sensitive dry skin, doesn't break me out. I used MAC cleansing oil to remove it. Pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by munchlaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've finally found my HG primer and SS.

I've tried pretty much every major SS out there, and I've found that they each have their own problems.
    My skin is very dry, so I wear a dimethicone-based moisturizer underneath and use a teaspoon amount of this on my face and have minimal drying throughout the day.

The major reason I love this SS though is because it works beautifully as a primer. It neutralizes my red cheeks, and is most possibly the strongest priming agent I've ever used.

It's a bit hard to remove fully, so at night I use my boscia cleansing oil to get it fully off... but even then it's very water resistant and difficult to fully remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

Fairly expensive in my opinion, but I love it still. I use this alot when I'm training for marathons as it does not break me out and gives me great protection. I don't find anything else from this brand that works for me, so this is the one and only Shiseido product I use. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by yukichan3488

I liked the feel of this on my face compared to the ultimate sun protection lotion. It is very matte and provides a decent amount of protection if you're not going to be walking around in the sun all day. I gave it three lippies because as I mentioned in my other review for the lotion, the ppd doesn't work well for me since I'm here in Hawaii.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by treecatd

Love this! It's the perfect sunscreen for winter. I love both versions the lotion and the cream, but i must admit the cream makes me feel more protected. If you have allergies or just a runny nose , the size makes it very easy to take along and reapply. I usually just use a sunscreen and some Blot powder and am good to go...it also provides a great base for under-eye concealer ...Since i rotate sunscreens all the time, i find that this or Lancome's UV expert are my favorites as they really stay on my face in hot & humid FL. Other sunscreens that i frequently use are clinique white spf 40, super city block spf 40, MAC prep+prime, both shiseido spf 55 and Lancome expert spf 20. This way i'm ready for any weather or skin-day ....(the clinique ss are quite usefull if it's colder or my skin needs some moisture & cover)
    My hubby clearly loves the MAC ss best, followed by Clinique's SCB spf 40...as the shiseido & lancome leave a white cast on his face. ( And to demand that HE wears powder to correct this would be just a little too much...LOL)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG. For an easy-to-get-burned skin like me, this line's the best I've tried.Even better than Anessa line. The texture is creammy and soft. Very easy to apply. The smell is ok. Like a lotion when you apply. Somehow it dry down and in the evening, you will know that it smell ultimately like a sunscreen. That doesn't bother me though. I live in a beach town and this line's a god send for me. A little bit drying though, but I already have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I bought this for convenience as compared to buying the Sofina I love. Living in the US its easier for me to order from Sephora than from overseas. I've used up the whole bottle, but I've felt it is too thick a consistency for my liking, and I believe it has caused small breakouts - nothing major, but still. Yes,it is way better than any ds brand I've tried. But I've gone back to my Sofina which is soft and barely noticable, as opposed to the Shiseido which is so thick I feel like I have a mask on - almost. However, if Sofina didn't exist ths would be my 2nd choice. My skin is very sensitive and breakout prone, and this is still a high quality product that wrecks much less havoc on my skin than most sunscreens.