April 21, 2014 | 811 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by shwetarana

Although the product is all natural it gave me really bad cystic acne !Initially I was very impressed with the cleansing power but the next day ... A face full of cystic acne !it took a week long course if anti biotic medicine before my face looked better !will not buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by FloralRed

The reason why I took off a lippie is because it does make me lose one or two eyelashes, it takes a while to come off, and it's pricey, BUT I love this stuff. I was looking for something to restore my skin's strange appearance because my cheeks were dry, almost flaky, AND oily. The saleslady recommended this product as a make up remover that restores my skin's moisture. I was sold when she showed me that it took off sharpie and that you didn't need to wash your face afterwards. I don't normally buy products this expensive, but since I was at a Lush store I decided to indulge and give it a shot. I haven't used this in the morning because I felt like it might be too oily for me, so I just use it at night time. Here's what I do: I dab a little bit of the Ultrabland on my finger by dotting the product a couple of times, and apply it onto my eyelashes. Then I gently rub, close my eyes, and start sweeping the product from the base of my lashes down to the tip. I do that for about a couple of seconds and resume rubbing left and right gently. I'd probably do this for about 1-2 minutes for each eye. Then I take a cotton pad and remove all the black stuff from my eyes. Next step: The skin. I do the same dotting method and apply a few dots all over my face and massage for about 2-3 minutes. After that I take another cotton pad and use my toner (I use Loreal Hydrafresh Toner) and cleanse the dirt, oil, and make up off my skin and voila! All gone. Afterwards I just apply my night cream and eye cream and I'm all set for the night.

The first night I used this product, my skin definitely was restored back to feeling hydrated and moisturized. Not only that, but I noticed that it cleared the dry whiteheads from my nose as well as some blackheads. Second night, I noticed that my skin's suppleness was coming back. I'm 16 so I don't have wrinkly bags or anything but my skin just looked more youthful. Probably because the Ultrabland was hydrating my skin more. Third night, my skintone looks very even and very healthy, even has that kind of glow to it. I love Ultrabland, I will buy the bigger tub my next purchase!

UPDATE: It's been more than half a year and I still have some left. Amazing I tell you!! I only use Bare Minerals and sometimes MAC's Skinfinish and this takes it all off, followed by J&J's head to toe face wash. For eye make up removal I use olive oil.
UPDATE: Been a year, still have some left. If I'm wearing liquid foundation I'll wash with J&J's head to toe followed by a gentle massage using a microfiber towel (exfoliates and washes out any traces of foundation, awesome!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

I go between using this and jojoba oil. Both great eyemakeup removers, and I use Ultrabland in the shower because it's thicker consistency means the product won't be running down my wet hands. Wonderful wonderful remover for eye makeup. Gently and effectively removes even my stubborn waterproof mascara with a bit of gentle coaxing onto my lashes. It's gotten into my eyes plenty of times and has NEVER irritated them. I've honestly had this same container from LUSH since... 2007, 2008 and it's 2011 now! Not that I've been using it since day one everyday and it's lasted me this long (although since I use so little, it can easily last a long while), but that LUSH has a recommended date of usage on their packaging that generally doesn't extend past six months (possibly a year?) but this has been going strong and I've never noticed funny smells, color changes, or the product separating or turning dry and clumpy.

My only gripe is the packaging. It is a sturdy plastic container jar but I'd much prefer it in a squeeze tube for sanitary reasons, plus it would be easier to dispense. I've largely gotten over the gimmicks of the majority of LUSH's marketing and products, but I'll keep returning to them as long as they continue selling this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pukengkay

Im on my 2nd pot of this. This is simply the BEST makeup remover I have ever used. I tried foam, gels, oils but nothing can beat this cleanser. Aside from cleansing, it also moisturizes my skin. I cannot imagine life without Ultra Bland. I put this on my face and wipe it off with a cotton pad that I sprayed with Lush Tea Tree Water or Breath of Fresh Air. And i love them so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser! I have never used anything that works as well as this does at removing eye makeup. My mascara and eyeshadow both literally melt off when I rub this on my eyes. It's expensive, but you really don't need a large amount. I'm thinking that my little tub will last quite a few months. It's a fabulous night cleanser because it does leave your skin feeling moisturized when I am finished using it that I really don't need to moisturize. It's great...I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Ctoth87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing cleanser and makeup remover! I have an oily t zone and was very afraid to try this since I'm also acne prone, but it has actually cleared up my skin and once it's removed with a washcloth my face feels so soft and I don't even need to moisturize!! I wish it was in a squeeze bottle though I feel like I use to much product when it's in a jar and it's a little pricey to waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by neevie

I have really dry skin and even this is way too oily for me. I found it felt really heavy on my skin. I removed it with cotton wool and then used a toner after and my skin still felt really greasy. I definitely wouldn't use this before putting on make-up. I think I'll save it for night time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

I use this strictly for eye make-up removal. I love to wear lots of mascara. I love my black eye liner. I LOVE eyeshadow. But it's usually always been a big pain to remove. Ultrabland is my HG make-up remover forever and ever. I can't say enough good things about it !!

I take a small amount and massage into the eye area. I then take a warm wet washcloth and pat it onto my eyes. I gently and slowly wipe it off.. and BAM. Eye make-up is completely gone! Because the cleanser turns into an oil-like substance when it's massaged into the skin, I find it to be very moisturizing and soothing on the eye area. It also melts that make-up like nothing else.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Winnie15

As a cleanser, I can see how this would work for someone with dry skin, but its a bit heavy for me, as far as everyday use is concerned. I use it once a week, rub it into my skin and wipe off with some cotton pads soaked in rose water...its so moisturizing I dont have to use anything later...
it works great as a makeup remover, but its too greasy, and it causes milia bumps around my eye area, so that was the end of that. Its taking me forever to finish up the pot as a once a week night time deep cleanser...oh and by the way I have the old formula that smells like peanut oil...and its ...ok...
As far as I'm concerned there are better Lush products out there, so i wont be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by citygirl82

I think good/bad reviews depend on what kind of skin type you have. I use this as a cleanser, and not a make-up remover as it's not great for removing waterproof mascara. This is the type of cleaner is great to use if you have dry and sensitive skin. If you have the above, try it and you won't be disappointed! Otherwise if you have oily/greasy skin, I would recommend to try something else.