July 28, 2014 | 1136 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing. In a word. I didn't think anything would remove the dry, red, itchy patches on my eyelids. I tried EVERYTHING. Even my HG facial cleanser would work- EVERYWHERE else but my lids- most likely due to the fact it can't go near the eyes!

It's expensive. I don't like the fact I have to use cotton balls to remove it- but it's a small price to pay. I use this in conjunction with the philosophy line.

RUN, (or walk) drive- heck, any thing- and go but this! order it online if you have to, but get ya butt down there and get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by alilarkin

I am a fan of the hot cloth method of removing make-up (using the cheaper no7 stuff rather than Liz Earle's), saw this in Lush & decided to give it a go. It's not cheap, but in fairness you don't need much. I use muslin cloths (large nappy size ones bought in the baby dept in Boots - so easy to use & bigger than the hot cloth ones... and they wash really well). This stuff is amazing at removing make-up - even waterproof mascara! Using a cloth in water as hot as you can take gets all of the product off really well, you can see all of the residue on the cloth, and it leaves your skin so soft. I will definitely continue using this, I've never used such an effective cleanser (and I've used Clarins, Clinique, Dermalogica amongst others).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by jerky283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this cleanser!!!! i started using this cleasnser when my skin was oilier and when i was breaking out. It did not make my skin worse at all. It removes my makeup like nothing else. It is pricey for the size and I have tried other cleansers but always come back to this. It doesnt irritate my skin and i swear my skin cleared up since it removes makeup and daily grime like nothing else. You need to use hot/warm water on a washcloth/cotten pad to get everything and I mean everything off of your skin. Its a must have!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is good just nothing special like most lush products are. It's feels good in the sense that it's moisturizing. But that effect doesn't last too long. The product itself is going to last a long time. Also, I hate that it's so sticky when it comes off. You have to wash it off with a cloth, you can't just use your hands and i think that kind of sucks ;/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by oliviahh13

I've been suffering with an oily t-zone but extremely dry flaky cheeks and chin. I was using a soap-free cleanser and moisturizer every single day but nothing was helping it. I realized that the cleanser I was using was stripping all the healthy oils in my face and making my t-zone go into overdrive while making my dry zones even dryer. I was weary to rub oil on my face to clean but I'm amazed at what a difference this stuff has made. I've been using it for two weeks now and my skin has been absolutely glowing. My skin texture is even and no more oily zones and dry flaky spots. I don't typically wear much makeup apart from blush and the occasional eyeshadow and eye-liner and it does a great job at removing it while cleaning my face. I use a small amount and rub it all over my face. I have a small wash cloth that I run under hot water, i wring out all the water and then wipe and pat my entire face down with it. It's like a mini-facial and my face is left feeling perfectly moisturized and smooth feeling. My skin looks so healthy and clean and no more redness from the reactions I get from using other products (great for sensitive skin). When I wake up in the morning I don't even need to wash my face at all so I only cleanse at night with ultra-bland. LOVE this product. BIG PLUS for replacing the old peanut oil formula with ALMOND OIL which is very healthy for the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by leanneseager

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how come this doesn't work as well for me as it does for everyone else! personally, I prefer cleansing with olive oil mixed with castor oil WAY more that i like this. not to mention olive cleanse is much cheaper. i feel like you have to use way to much of this stuff, and its a pretty little pot of product. it's too hard for me to completely get off, even with a hot cloth. i was expecting it to be a more natural version of ponds cold cream. which i do like. but this isn't really similar. this is hard to rub over the skin. i was really hoping the price would justify but i will go back to cleansing with oil and then with bioderma :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this product today because of all the good reviews I heard.. So far I think the product is okay but I dont think it's the best makeup remover out there. It took me a while to get my mascara off. Other than that, it does feel good on the face. But I dont think I'll be repurchasing this product. Sorry Lush, I think I'll go back to using clinique's "take the day off cleansing balm" after I finish this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I normally use oil based cleansers like Shu Uemura's cleansing oils etc., so I bought this as a travel-less-likely-to-spill-luggage-friendly alternative to my usual oil cleansers I put a bit on and remove it with hot water on a muslin cloth (like I do with my oil cleansers). For those who has residue problems, hot water and cloth/cotton wool pads is your answer. I was very happy with the resulting finish, skin felt soft, it's not broken me out yet but I will update if it does. Also, thinking about price, its 10 for 100g which seems reasonable as I normally pay 20+ for my make up removers, I'm going to see how long it takes me to get through a pot and compare that to 150ml of shu's oil and see what works out cheaper for your buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this but it broke my face out! Ultrabland smells like peanut butter probably from the peanut oil, and when you rub it on your face it leaves a heavy oily residue that water alone will not remove. If you have dry skin with no acne this product would probably be great for that glowing effect, but for oily skin I would not recommend. Oh and I wear liquid foundation and this did not remove my makeup whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kayyxx

A sales assistant at Lush reccomended this to me as my skin has broke out in lots of spots since i got pregnant. It works brilliant and leaves my skin feeling super soft! I use it in the mornings before Nivea Visage toner and Nivea soft moisturiser and my skin feels clean and refreshed all day. Will definately repurchase :)