October 21, 2014 | 2078 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

So for some reason this particular spot treatment has been floating around me and my friends' circle for a while. Whenever we opened a drawer or cosmetic case in the bathroom, it was always there. And although we all had it, it was always, "Well does it work?"
"You have it, don't you? I actually don't know."
"Yeah, well...." And insert some excuse like I never wear it, or I can't tell.
I think the best answer is "I don't know". Because I've had this spot treatment since my skin was just beginning to break out. My skin condition has gone from oily to combination to dry in a matter of five years. And throughout, I've strangely kept this treatment. I think it's because when you put it on, it feels like it's working. But with all three skin types, it did absolutely nada for my skin. Didn't make it worse didn't make it better. It was like the invisible treatment.

But I heard they redid the formula, so good for them if it finally works!

Pro's: The packaging is great. It also tingles right when you put it on to feel it's working.
Con's: Does not work, at all. It makes me lost faith in all other Clean n Clear products.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bruisepristine

I have a few pimples on my forehead due to my bangs, so this seemed like a perfect product.

I've had my face completely clean of makeup, and my bangs clipped back for 3 days now since I started using it, and there's been no change.

It was only $7, but I wish I could exchange it for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by leelayla

This was amazing. I put it on any pimple and SHAZAM! It's reduced redness, swelling, and has already dried up with an hour (:
I totally recommend this product and guess what? I have sensitive skin, which is fabulous news to know that I can actually use an acne problem without getting r eallyflaky or raw skin. Semi cheap, great for just popping in your purse (: WARNING: If you overapply, your skin may get a little flaky, so I suggest only appling at night, then use a moisturizer in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best Clean & Clear product I have tried. I have used Persa Gel (benzoyl peroxide 5%) and a different sallycilic acid treatment of theirs.

~first off, this product actually smells good
~didn't dry my skin out
~less irritating than the persa gel one
~helped reduce redness, pain and swelling withing 2-3 hours!!!!!
~overnight it works very well, i'm impressed!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this, any spot = gone after I apply it. It's a serious must have for me. I see/feel a reduction in size and pain within 1 hour and it will even shrink some pimple's into a little whitehead within a hour. It's so cheap too, it's about $5 for a tube. I try to apply it a few times a day and it works faster. I also find it seriously lessons scarring too. It's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this product on and off for a few years. I used the spot treatment.
It made my skin literally peel and be very scaly. It never dried it out..which is odd considering the main effect that it had.
I would wash my face and apply my makeup and notice specs of skin peeling off, it almost looked like a shimmer, if you didn't look too close. I could never peel all of it off, most of it stuck.

After not using it for three years after that, it just couldn't get the job done. I didn't notice AS MUCH peeling/scaling but it wasn't strong enough to combat any pimples. It would sit on my skin. It never made anything worse but never improved anything.

I still have a tube laying around and I keep forgetting to throw it away.
Never will I try this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by malliethedancer

I really like this. I had a huge pimple and I put this on before I went to bed and when i woke up its was GONE! The only down side is that is dries my out sometimes, but a moisturizer fixes it. and I only use this as a spot treatment. I found putting it on my whole face and my skin didn't absorb all of it.
Over all its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by butterbabe

I think it was early June when I had a bad breakout. I rushed to the nearest CVS store and got this. I was scared to try it since having the flakey-dry-red skin was a big deal for me. I was amazed how this HUGE pimple on my chin dried up overnight! It seriously got smaller and the redness somehow faded.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is for the pointed-end version (clear gel). I can only use this at night as it peels off once it dries, but I like it as a spot treatment. It does work well and I like how the applicator targets the blemish only. I had a tube last over three years the way I was using it. I wouldn't use it during the day, though...it dries to a very shiny, plastic-y peely looking spot wherever it is applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I find that while benzyl peroxide is more effective at reducing the size of my blemishes, it is more irritating than salicylic acid. This product does not dry out my skin or cause any sensitivities. It smells nice and also contains alcohol. I don't really mind since I only use this on my forehead and chin. I have clogged pores from sun block, and this reduces my acne and prevents acne scarring. Well the product itself doesn't prevent acne scarring. Not picking at the your pimples and keeping your hands away from them will reduce scarring :)