Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 11/22/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this treatment everyday for a month with no results. Advantage Acne Spot Tx is a salicylic acid tx that is a clear gel.
PROS: It sinks into the skin and disappears in seconds. You can put makeup over it and you can't even tell that you are wearing a acne tx. You can also put this on right before bed and it won't bleach or stain your pillow. It also has a pretty scent almost floral and it is tolerable even for my sensitive nose. The last pro is that it is affordable and easily found at most US drugstores.
CONS: With continued use, this gel will dry the areas that you apply this too. It will evenutally cause the skin to peel and flake off in those areas. I have a cluster of old small acne marks on my lower right cheek. I apply this gel to this area everyday for a month and still no signs of improving. As for new acne spots, if you apply this gel as soon as you notice a new zit, it really doesnt seem to speed up the healing process. With continued use on new acne spots, the healing time was about a week or two.
CONCLUSION: I can't recommend this product because I feel that it is a waste of money. I know for me, I had better luck with Clean & Clear Persagel 10 which is a benzoyl peroxide based tx.

on 11/7/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So just as many other reviewers wrote, this sometimes work on my skin, and some days it just does no difference at all.
But this WILL reduce the blackheads on your nose. Since this product contains 2% of salicylic acid (which is the only ingredient in skincare which actually can go in to your pore and cleanse it properly from inside) your pores will look smaller in a few days or weeks. I suggest using an exfoliant with lactic acid so the product can work a little bit better.

packaging is ok, hygienic etc... but a little "clumsy".

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Well, I got this product in a pimple control kit and i really don't thing it does much for my pimples. I break out quite often as I am a teenager and it just doesn't do much for me. The first two days it was working wuite well, my pimples were getting smaller and fading away but after about three uses it just stopped working. The clearasil Acne Treatment cream was a better option for me :/

on 10/18/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this product, but I'm not in love with it. I've had it for more than a month now and I see a huge difference in my skin! I had usually struggled with acne, it wasn't intence but totally noticable. I put this on a zit and it two days it's basically gone! This definitely is something that I don't go to bed without cuz I feel like it stops breakouts over night! not until recently I've been getting dry patches, this is a huge deal for me because I have oily skin and not something I'm used to. But with moisturizer it's been clearing up! Also, not something I'd wear under my makeup because it's very noticeable. It does have a peppermint tingling sensation on my face but it isn't unbearable.

on 8/23/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product works. Reduces my zits and dries 'em out. Buuuuuut, I think it has caused me to break out occasionally. So it loses 2 lippies. Won't repurchase because I want to try a new spot treatment that won't break me out.

on 8/18/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this a few days and it is great! Clears up really bad spots in two days and my skin is already clearer! I like the fact that you can't swlee it and you can wear makeup under or over it! Good size for my handbag will get again!

on 8/17/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought this stuff was working at first. It turns out that it at first, in a way. I don't know, I think it was simply making my zits looks less apparent, then after a week or so it would appear that it wasn't working at all. Waste of money. Doesn't anything work without drying the hell out of your skin like BP? God, I hate acne.

on 8/15/2011 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So for some reason this particular spot treatment has been floating around me and my friends' circle for a while. Whenever we opened a drawer or cosmetic case in the bathroom, it was always there. And although we all had it, it was always, "Well does it work?"
"You have it, don't you? I actually don't know."
"Yeah, well...." And insert some excuse like I never wear it, or I can't tell.
I think the best answer is "I don't know". Because I've had this spot treatment since my skin was just beginning to break out. My skin condition has gone from oily to combination to dry in a matter of five years. And throughout, I've strangely kept this treatment. I think it's because when you put it on, it feels like it's working. But with all three skin types, it did absolutely nada for my skin. Didn't make it worse didn't make it better. It was like the invisible treatment.

But I heard they redid the formula, so good for them if it finally works!

Pro's: The packaging is great. It also tingles right when you put it on to feel it's working.
Con's: Does not work, at all. It makes me lost faith in all other Clean n Clear products.

I have a few pimples on my forehead due to my bangs, so this seemed like a perfect product.

I've had my face completely clean of makeup, and my bangs clipped back for 3 days now since I started using it, and there's been no change.

It was only $7, but I wish I could exchange it for something else.

on 8/7/2011 11:59:00 PM

This was amazing. I put it on any pimple and SHAZAM! It's reduced redness, swelling, and has already dried up with an hour (:
I totally recommend this product and guess what? I have sensitive skin, which is fabulous news to know that I can actually use an acne problem without getting r eallyflaky or raw skin. Semi cheap, great for just popping in your purse (: WARNING: If you overapply, your skin may get a little flaky, so I suggest only appling at night, then use a moisturizer in the morning.

Popular Treatments (Face)