July 26, 2014 | 1452 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by malliethedancer

I really like this. I had a huge pimple and I put this on before I went to bed and when i woke up its was GONE! The only down side is that is dries my out sometimes, but a moisturizer fixes it. and I only use this as a spot treatment. I found putting it on my whole face and my skin didn't absorb all of it.
Over all its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by butterbabe

I think it was early June when I had a bad breakout. I rushed to the nearest CVS store and got this. I was scared to try it since having the flakey-dry-red skin was a big deal for me. I was amazed how this HUGE pimple on my chin dried up overnight! It seriously got smaller and the redness somehow faded.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is for the pointed-end version (clear gel). I can only use this at night as it peels off once it dries, but I like it as a spot treatment. It does work well and I like how the applicator targets the blemish only. I had a tube last over three years the way I was using it. I wouldn't use it during the day, though...it dries to a very shiny, plastic-y peely looking spot wherever it is applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I find that while benzyl peroxide is more effective at reducing the size of my blemishes, it is more irritating than salicylic acid. This product does not dry out my skin or cause any sensitivities. It smells nice and also contains alcohol. I don't really mind since I only use this on my forehead and chin. I have clogged pores from sun block, and this reduces my acne and prevents acne scarring. Well the product itself doesn't prevent acne scarring. Not picking at the your pimples and keeping your hands away from them will reduce scarring :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love! My HG. I couldn't live without this stuff! It just works for my skin. I wake up, and it looks clearer than the night before.

I use it as a nightly treatment, all over my face. However, there are about a million different versions of this, which irritates me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by xoxsabrinaxox

This product worked wonders on me! I use it every night and every morning after i wash my face and it clears my face of every thing! i have to say i didn't expect much of this product but now its a life saver.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Vanessaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am always sort of sceptical about these spot treatments and i'm worried they are just gnna try the pimple out and then i'll have flaky skin- i have tried a few but recently picked this up in Boots and they are having a 3 for 2 deal at the moment- i ended up getting this free but i think its around 4.59.

I had a big painful spot on my cupids bow (weeeeird) and it hurt so bad - i was going to go out a buy some sudocreme which is usually what i use for spots but i couldn't find any so i bought this instead...and im so glad i did, it claims to heal in over 4 hours- or help reduce but i noticed a difference in 2 hours or so.

It does sting alittle when you apply- especially if it's an open spot or has been picked at, but it's nothing bothersome and i like that it stings as i know its doing it's job.

I gave a 4 for packaging because the tube is really flimsy and when i squeeze alitte tons comes out, but i do overall like the packaging as it has an easy applicator.

I will be buying this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I love this! The only thing that keeps my acne under control (my acne never goes away). I am on a medication that gives me terrible chin/jaw acne, and if I use this twice a day, I only have bumps instead of giant, red, festering pimples. My acne never goes away, but I am so happy that this medicine keeps it under control. I used to use BP, but this works sooooo much better. I also think this smells much, much better. It smells bad when you first put it on, but the smell lessens after wearing it for a while. I have discovered that it works on top of or under my makeup. As long as I put it on twice a day. I sometimes get lazy and skip a day, and I regret it every time. The acne looks like "pizza chin" in just that short time. I am so glad this product is available.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by a90fam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this product for a week so I can't say much for it's full effectiveness. I did however notice that on the first day I applied this to my active acne, it reduced the redness within a few hours. I re-applied that following morning and again that night and I noticed that a few of the red bumps are no longer red but have erupted into white heads. I'm not sure if this product is meant to surface the pimples in order for it to heal..

I bought it for almost $AUD10 so it is rather expensive but I'll continue to use this product for a little longer, if it doesn't help I'm trying out the Mario Badescu line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pretty much always amazed by this product - it is a MIRACLE WORKER. I have always had good skin however I do tend to have occasional acne. For me, this product works best on pimples that show up on my nose where my skin is most oily. I usually get a small red spot heralding the imminent arrival of a zit, but if I apply a small dab of this, the spot will generally disappear overnight. It does not burn on me and while it does have a mild alcoholish scent, it does not bother me or linger. It mattes down pretty well and I have no issues with applying makeup or sunblock on top.

The packaging is great. Comes in a foil tube which means you can squeeze out the tiny amount needed. Not the prettiest packaging but it does the job. Amount is generous - at the rate I use it, the one tube will last me years and years provided it doesn't spoil. Cost is pretty cheap as it is a drugstore brand. I would happily buy this again.