Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/28/2007 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this lips shimmer is super cute. it gives natural looking with a little hint of shimmer.. not too much, not too little.

however.. the reason why i wouldn't buy this product again is because despite all the great qualities it has, i'm allergic to that minty thing in it.. whatever it is. it makes my lips feel dry, itchy and a little numb the next day.

yeah.. pretty sad that i finally found the cutest, most natural looking lip shimmer with very low price but i just can't use it..

on 6/6/2007 4:11:00 AM

im asian nc35. this product's packaging and price is something that you can put in all your bags so that you will never be caught without lipcolor ever again. it has the same circumference as a mongol pencil very thin not bulky. ideal for bringing along in a small bag when there is not enough room for lipstick anymore. rhubarb's shimmery pink looks natural lipcolor. not longlasting so constant application is a must. you can apply it discreetly even w/o mirror coz of it's tiny packaging and natural color

Rubarb was a nice colour for my NC-30 asian skin. I liked the minty feeling, but I found that it didn't moisturize all that well, even though it was suppose to be a really good lip balm. I still prefer Kiel's #1 lip balm by far!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The colour is a deep mauve/berry/pink and more pigmented than I thought. A light layer is alright for everyday use and the light shimmer is nice on the lips. There's a slight tingle at first but it goes away quickly. I think this lip shimmer is great for daily use. Just don't slather it on too much.

on 4/12/2007 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous colour and moistening and it makes your lips tingle, I am generally leary of balms as opposed to lip gloss but this goes on as a balm but is very glossy and light and the minty hint makes my lips tingle :) Love it!

on 3/4/2007 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This has become one of my standards for weekends or when I'm in a rush. Because it's quite sheer, I can apply it quickly in the car at a stop light, and the slim size makes precision a bit easier under those circumstances. Rhubarb is a great neutral color for me (fair blue-eyed medium brunette)--not too bright or too pale. I even bought a spare to keep in my desk at work! I don't mind the peppermint scent, but the tingle startled me the first time or two I used it!

on 12/5/2006 3:46:00 PM

I think the color is alright--a nice pinky sheer--nothing special. Price is right though. My main beef with these (and all Burt's Bees) lip products is the peppermint overdose. I hate the tingle and the smell of it on my lips, plus, peppermint essential oil irritates lips! I realize I am in the minority in that, but were it not for the peppermint, I'd probably buy this product loyally.

on 12/1/2006 11:14:00 AM

I keep this on hand as an alternative to chap stick. The color is subtle and looks nice when I go out without make up. Very light and smooth. I recommend this one. =)

The only way I can get this to go on right is my stretching my lips out in a smile, slathering the stuff on really really generously, and then blot. It makes reappplication more than a little meddlesome but for the price, adn the fact it doesn't make my lipline break out, it's pretty darn good.

on 8/18/2006 4:06:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees lip shimmers. Rhubarb is such a natural lushus shade it leaves my lips looking plump and naturally enhanced. LOVE it!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products