LUSH Soft Coeur Massage Bar (The Honeymooner)

4.3

on 8/27/2008 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I loved the smell. The first time I used it, I loved it. It was a lot greasier than other massage bars I had used from LUSH, but the smell was great and it worked well. I smelled like chocolate when all was said and done!

The second time I used it, though, the smell was different. It was awful, strong and gave me a headache - it was overly sweet and heavy. The oiliness of the product made it terribly hard to wash off in the shower, even with the help of my SO. I'm not sure if it was my skin chemistry combined with the bar or what, but I threw the bar out immediately. The smell followed me around for days. Yuck. I would not buy it again.

on 8/19/2008 8:59:00 AM

For some reason i ventured into Lush - a shop i avoid due to the smell & the hippies it usually contains. For some other reason i bought this - it does smell nice, that could be the reason...anyway it felt lardy/greasy to apply & i didnt enjoy tugging at my skin to "massage" it onto myself. Then....i looked down at my tummy,where i had just "massaged".....it looked like i had smeared poo across my tummy.........i had hit the cocoa chunk in the middle of the massage bar. It looked like i had carried out a dirty protest on myself. Disgusting & not very sexy or sensual. Sorry Lush, 2 lippies for scent, but otherwise this is an expensive way to look like you rub poop on yourself....or your lover.

i LOVE the scent of soft coeur, but thats about it.
its a small heart with very little actual product, the chuncks of coca powder take up alot of space and make a hell of a mess when your using it on yourself or somebody else.
i realze the point of it is to be licked off but it doesnt teaste like anything, more like "i cant belive its not butter" with suger!
i find it to be a bit of a waste of money for that reason.

i love the scent so i always look for the one with a tiny bit of the chunck and i carefully scoop out the coca powder so i could use it without worrying about leaving a weird BROWN STAIN on my sheets or clothing!

other wise i wouldnt get it again, its just not worth it.
ill take therapy bar over this any day!

on 6/25/2008 4:07:00 PM

I am addicted to this massage bar. I use it on myself just cos I love the toffee/chocolate smell, and have even been known to actually use it as intended, for a massage. As a massage bar to use on someone else I find that it melts easily just from the warmth of my hands and it has just enough oil to allow for a friction free massage without becoming an oil slick. The smell seems to be popular with both men and women of various ages. The centre can get a bit messy, so I'd suggest that it is worth following Lush's advice about putting a towel down. It is one of the more expensive massage bars but, for me, it is the best.

on 3/29/2008 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It has some drawbacks, but the Soft Coer massage bar is one of my favorite products from Lush. The like the sweet, buttery (salty?) smell and natural ingredients make this a much better (and sexier!) option than the petrolium-based "cocoa butter" lotions that have been hitting the market recently.

Also, a heart is a convenient shape for moisturizing my legs!

Cons: the chocolate streaks your skin - when you reach the cocoa in the middle, it is granular and not sexy!

on 2/22/2008 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This tiny massage bar is heavenly. The smell is outrageous. The only drawback is the cocoa center, which being powdery and actual cocoa, will leave streaks and grimy-looking bits on your skin once you get to it. I've found that the way to address this is to stop applying the bar directly to your flesh, and just rub it between your hands to get the cocoa and the rest of the butters that make up the bar meld before rubbing into your skin.

I was absolutely duped into buying this. I was told it smelled like vanilla and chocolate... couldn't be a bad thing! However, it had that horrible patchouli stink that LUSH is so famous for, and it was so incredibly greasy that I couldn't even enjoy giving my bf a massage without worrying about messing the bedsheets. Also, the fact that they put real chocolate in here is ridiculous, so now I'm greasy AND sticky. Thanks Lush... no really.

on 1/21/2008 11:42:00 AM

Oh I love this!! Last night, DH and I broke it out and took turns on each other with small pieces of it. The scent is heaven, we wanted to eat it so badly, and laughed knowing we would regret it. I would definitely repurchase, because it's a great massage product, wonderful slip, long lasting, moisturizing. Our whole bed smelled like it this morning. 10 stars!

on 1/4/2008 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i normally am not into foody scents, but boy howdy is this stuff addictive. so lovely and sexy of a scent. i've found it mixes well with the vanilla one lush carries...but i think that one is for hands, but i mix the two anyway, and it's even more wonderful.

on 12/26/2007 5:58:00 PM

Okay, am I the only weirdo here that eats the bits of chocolate that are in it??? So be it. This bar is yummy. I too dont have an SO - nevertheless, I indulge solo. This scent makes me happy.

Top Rated LUSH Products