October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Long lasting, lasted almost my whole formal/prom (which included plenty of eating and drinking). Super high pigment colour, looks brilliant against pale skin. This is my go to lippy when I want something that's bright but not red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by mellamojane

My hands-down favorite M.A.C. lipstick. It's a vibrant fuschia that looks amazing when I'm pale, tan and in between. Moreover, this lipstick is highly pigmented, creamy and long-lasting; the coverage and color look superb even through eating and drinking with no touch ups. And, perhaps most importantly, it photographs beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a VERY bright fuchsia pink lipstick. super pigmented. not too moisturizing so i always wear a good chapstick under. lasts well even through eating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by maxinesaephanh

Originally I was looking for the Petals & Peacocks lipstick from the Liberty of London collection but it was a limited edition lipstick and Girl About Town was the closest thing to it. Itís a gorgeous, fabulous fuchsia amplified creme finish. I wear it with MACís Magenta lipliner. It gives a great pop of color whenever I donít feel like wearing a classic red or simple nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Revlon Fuschia because it's a dupe for GAT. I liked it so I decided to buy the real thing. I have Rebel but it's really dark on me because I'm dark so I thought if I get GAT, it will be the color I want. It is. I line my lips with a plum liner and top it with NYX African Queen and I'm ready. The Revlon is okay, but nothing is like the real thing!
UPDATE: My Nighmoth liner finally came and GAT + Nighmoth = HOT!
If you are a NW 44 and up, you have to get GAT!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a showstopper of a color! I love bold makeup but this almost made me think it was too much when I tried it on at the MAC counter. Luckily, I bought it anyway and have been so impressed with the shade. This is my first MAC lipstick, and I love the way this stains my lips. I ate and drank two meals while wearing GAT, and it only faded slightly. The only drawbacks are that you need a nice gloss to go over it, which isn't a huge deal. I paired it with MAC's Extra Amps Dazzleglass, and the effect was amazing! So I removed one lippie for dryness, but I'd honestly give this 4.5 lippies if I could.

ETA on 9/23: I just realized that MAC's Pink Poodle is the perfect gloss to pair GAT with! It looks a lot like GAT in LipGlass form!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by allieesahhx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my most favorite lipstick from MAC! I love the shade of pink it has and the color just goes perfectly with my skin tone! It's very long lasting and this lipstick is my go too when I am itching for a pop of color! my alternative to the classic red.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by green25

I guess I am the minority on this one. But I just purchased this lipstick based on the superb reviews and pictures and I am l shocked it is completely awful. After purchasing this lipstick (my first lipstick from MAC) I had to do a little research on their lipstick finishes because the finish/texture/formula of this lipstick is awful.

It's like oily and the color is not quite opaque, then of course applying more layers, I look like a clown.
Pink is my favorite color and it has always complimented my skin tone ALWAYS (NC50)

Anywho, I learned my lesson, became familiar with Mac lipstick finishes and by far the best are the SATIN and MATTES.
The Satin is the typical finish of a lipstick, judging from other lipsticks I've purchased that's usually the standard texture. Anyway, Mac's best finish Satin and they only have very few lipsticks with that texture...Shame

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MegamiMoon

I'm usually a nude lip/dramatic eye kind of girl, but I fell in love with fuchsia and figured, "why not?" when I laid eyes on Girl About Town. It's a super-high impact hot hot hot pink shade that's sure to turn heads. I think every girl should have an unexpected lip color in her makeup armory that packs a punch and this is definitely the color for me. On a sexy night out, I pair it with black winged liner for a flirty, mysterious look. In addition to the amazing, highly pigmented color, GAT has a velvety-smooth texture and applies consistently and evenly. Definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've worn this 3 times.... I have about 20 full on lippies and when I want something full on I always reach for this... That's a good sign for me as I usually pick eyes!!!