April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by moony88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has helped maintained my skin free from acne. I never realized this until I stopped using this and started moisturizing with jojoba oil, which broke me out so bad. I'm pretty sure I broke out because of these two things; I stopped using this and also because I started using jojoba oil. When I use this again together with jojoba, the break out was slightly reduced but not completely. And now that I have stopped using jojoba oil and using this back again, my skin is slowly clearing up. Oh, the tube lasted me for almost 6 months and I'm on my second tube already :) I apply this after the benzoyl peroxide COMPLETELY dries and I use only a small amount of this or it'll tend to ball up. Only con is that this tends to give me shiny sheen and because of that I only use it at night. This might sting your skin the first few times you use it but it'll go away after a few uses. Just don't forget to use a good sunscreen in the day even if you're using this at night! Hope this review helps :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I quite like this. I don't have acne prone skin, but around my time of the month I suffer from really nasty breakouts (whiteheads) on my chin, cheeks & forehead. They are usually red and inflammed. I wasn't expecting much from Cleanance K, but I'm pleasantly suprised with the results it gives me. After washing my face, I apply toner and wait for it to dry, then apply CK to all my blemishes (I don't use this all over my face otherwise it makes my skin dry and start peeling) as a spot treatment. I leave it on for about 5 mins before rubbing it in until it's completely absorbed, then apply my regular moisturizer all over my face. The next day, my blemishes have decreased in size and reddness, and most of the whiteheads have popped. I have some blackheads on my nose but I don't notice a reduction in them when I use this - CK only works on whiteheads or inflammed pimples for me.

It's not a miracle product but it really does help calm my breakouts and get rid of them quicker. I only use this when I experience breakouts, not every day. It's rather harsh - they say this is for "oily/blemish prone skin" so I wouldn't use it everyday. 1 bottle lasts me AGES so it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I have larger pores and a constant battle with blackheads. I rarely have a pimple, but I'm always fighting the dirty little pore-clogging bastards. Yet I thought I had things under control, because I'm pretty good about skincare - I always cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize. But in recent weeks I started to notice the blackheads were beating even my best cleansing methods, and I turned to the skincare board, where I found agreeable reviews of Cleanance K. I'm an Avene fan to begin with, and wondered why I'd ever stopped my Avene regimen, since when I was on it, my skin seemed to be at its clearest.

So I kept up with using my MAC Cleanse Off oil to remove makeup, and I follow up with Avene's Cleanance soap free cleanser. I then use a small amount of Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer, and a dab of Cleanance K on the problem areas, like my nose and inner cheeks. I've found the best results to come from using this only two or three times a week; any more than that, and I'll peel (a fact I was mortified to discover one morning when huge flakes of skin started to peel off my nose).

So with continued and regular use, my blackheads are disappearing. They're not entirely all gone, but it's only been about three or four weeks. The amount that have disappeared is so impressive that I know if I stick to this, I'll be absolutely clear in no time. $26 CDN, available at Shoppers Drug Marts and Rexall pharmacies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cw9090

I think this seemed to be very promising as there are not many creams designed to reduce blackheads and blemishes. It is a thick consistency which put me off a little as it felt heavy on top of my skin and comes on greasy on combination skin.
I've been using this for about 1 week (probably not enough time to give it chance) but some days I'll wake up and my skin can feel clear and others it feels like it makes it worse!
Really really wanted this to work as it would have helped me so much with my stubborn blackheads which I've tried almost every product on the market for!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for gentle maintenance of acne prone skin. I would say it's more effective when used patiently- if you are naughty and squeeze, this product is not as effective.
I wait til it's been absorbed then lightly spray the thermal water on top as someone below recommended- it works twice as well like this!
Doesn't make your skin red, angry or dry.
Heals your blemished skin rather than ATTACKING it like some products ( you know who you are proactive!)
Love the ingredient content- doesn't feel harsh chemical like others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pandaxen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone, sensitive and combination skin- oily at the T zone and dry on my cheeks, this product did wonders for my skin! I used this product once a day, at night. Ive tried using it in the morning but makeup doesnt go on very well after that, plus it made my skin a little flaky so I went back to once a day. A pea size is all you need for the whole face, and a tube lasted me for about 4 months (I cut it open and got every last bit). Upon application it does sting a little esp where you have pimples but it subsides after a while. Within 3 weeks my face was clear! The tiny blackheads on my nose were gone, my cheeks are smooth and no more tiny bumps on my forehead.

After my skin cleared up I thought I could try other products- I used another night cream for 1 month, and my face started to get tiny bumps and I could feel pimples forming again. So now Im back on it, I wont be switching my night cream any time soon, its my HG (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A gentle yet effective treatment for blemishes. Works best if I lightly spray the thermal spring water after this gel has totally dried first.
Not good for wearing under makeup- mineral makeup will not cover it, and concealer balls. Much better than proactive which was GREAT but felt toxic and acid-y, and actually backfired on me after my skin became used to it.
This product has mostly beautiful non toxic ingredients, which is why it's soothing and doesn't feel like it's drying the hell out of the treated area's in the process.
Love it, it's all I need now.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by mujipencilcase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't feel I have benefited from it, I still get recurring spots and blackheads. Plus, it stings my faces a little but more after I've put on a mask.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works for me BUT only if i use it at night after cleansing (with neutrogena cleanser/mask). By the morning after i have washed it off, my skin will be noticeably clearer.
When i first purchased this product i tried to use under makeup like it suggests, but did not sit well under makeup at all! Balls up and gives uneven texture. So i use the Avene 'Anti-shine regulating lotion' under makeup which is much nicer as long as you let it dry properly before applying makeup. I will purchase again but it is very expensive (in Australia it's approx $30) for such a small amount - i go through it too quickly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by joccee

It broke me out the first time i used this . However, I decided to give it another try since i'm waiting for my AHA gel to be shipped over . I do agree that upon drying, there's a shinny sheen on my skin. But, i believe it does a lil work of moisturizing, as well as lightening my blemishes.. This gel does stings your skin a lil, which is because of the AHA & BHA it contained. Fom what i know, AHA & BHA acts like an exfoliants on the surface of your skin, in turn lighten your blemishes.

However, i'll not buy this again because of the price. =) But i must say that Avene carries a good line of gentle products for sensitive skin people.