September 23, 2014 | 899 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

It's cotton. How can it be so great?... Well it is! You will use so much less product with these squares I am just shocked. I had only heard raves about this at my work ( I work at a makeup counter) and I took samples and was amazed. I used half a square to remove ALL my eye makeup. and trust me I wear a lot! definitely worth buying I love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Ahhh! this is so good. So soft and feels like sweet jesus on my face. It's expensive but I just can't say no to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by itstihu

My roommate showed me this. I was a little skeptical but I took her word for it. And i got to say, it was......wonderful. It feels like soft clouds on your skin when you're removing the makeup. Very soft!!!! It's not abrasive and it does not hurt your skin. It's good for cleaning your eye makeup too, if anyone is concerned. It's THAT soft. Anyway, it's about...$9 at sephora I think... I got it for 7.50 cause sephora has a 15% off sale! I love itttt, I use it for everything. And I've been using it sooo often (i find any reason to use it) and i haven't even used up one block of it yet. :) Buy again, forsure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kayum6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really liked these far more than cotton rounds from drugstores. These are softer and more gentle. I feel like the cotton rounds I've tried had a tendency to be abrasive and I had to use 2 or 3...with these Shiseido cotton squares, one was enough.
And I really didn't find these to be THAT expensive, the cotton rounds I got at cvs were 3 or 4 dollars for a short roll of 50. I haven't bought these since I stopped using Shiseido, but I would definitely buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Size
Quantity
Feel

Cons:
None

Conclusion:
The Shiseido facial cotton is a luxury that I can't compromise on. I love the way that they feel on my skin, and that they don't pill or shed the way most other facial cotton does. They are very absorbent and very very soft. At $8 CAD you do get a lot of squares to warrant the price.

Alternatives:
Laura Mercier Cotton Squares - I've heard really good things about these ones also. I'm sure cost a little more but I believe these ones are unbleached organic cotton (but I might be wrong)...
Cle De Peau Facial Cotton - I'm not even going to touch this one, because we all know its the same product in a different box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Believe the hype. Yes, $8 CAD is a lot to pay for cotton, but you do get a quality product. I wear contacts and cannot stand the lint that cheap and even so called luxury cotton pads leave behind, and do not get me started on organic cotton pads. This is soft and holds well together, with none of the fine strands that seem to make the product fall apart when you are using them. I first bought to try and although I loved them, thought it was too expensive, so went back to the "luxury" style cotton pads (that is how they are labelled in the package). There really is no comparison. I am back to Shiseido. I usually stock up on these when SDM has their 20x points days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not like you need another review, but I'll give one anyway! ;-).

Compared with my organic (which I'm proud of) cotton balls from CVS, these are amazing. Not perfect, but still far better than anything else I've tried.

What I would prefer is something with a bit more grab/exfoliation to it, because I feel the Shiseido simply smooth/glide over your face. They are very soft and excellent at applying liquid products, but if I wanted something specifically to remove make-up, I'm not sure these are the way to go. Any recs, please PM me! =o)

Regardless, I recommend you buy some.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: This exclusive facial cotton is 100 percent natural and uniquely manufactured for a consistent soft, smooth texture. Allows for maximum absorption and assists in the application of Shiseido softeners. Use for apply toner, removing nail polish, etc. Made with 100% Cotton. 80g/2.8oz. These facial cotton retail for $8 CAD at Sephora.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a few samples of Shiseido's The Makeup Facial Cotton during one of my visits to my local Sephora outlet. Each cotton square is 5.5 cm x 6.5 cm. Indeed, these cotton squares are softer than your typical drugstore brands. I have also noticed that, when dry, these are easily stretched and torn. I've read many reviews that state these cotton pads absorb product better reducing the amount you need to use per application. In addition, when wet, these pads are not easily chaffed like drugstore brands. I decided to test these pads against your typical drugstore brand using NeoStrata Toning Solution on my boyfriend. I found that 5 drops on a drugstore brand cotton pad barely covered one of his cheeks before "drying up." Meanwhile, 5 drops on the Shiseido pad did a satisfactory job of dispersing the toner all over his face.

If you do decide to purchase these cotton squares, I would best advise to wait for a sale and to conserve each square buy cutting them into smaller pieces. Another tip is to use both sides of each square, i.e. one side for the left eye, the other for the right eye. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by FireWeaver

I never thought I'd be writing a review about cotton pads! :3

My mother purchased these for me when I needed some new cotton pads and she wasn't sure what to get me.

I never wanted to splurge them despite being tempted to try and see if they were worth the $8.

This was the softest cotton I have ever felt in my life! It was so silky smooth that I had to keep rubbing a few times just to make sure I wasn't just being sleepy and not paying attention to the texture.

A little large, wish they were the size of the disc cotton pads Shoppers Life Brand Quilted/Luxury brand. I have tried to cut them in half but then they become just a little too narrow for my tastes. Also, unfortunately, they peel apart when I rub a little longer, leaving residue on my skin just like low quality cotton. Not saying this is low quality cotton by any means, but the quilted cotton pads with the sewn/sealed edges don't leave little rubbed off pieces behind. So one lippy off for that and the size. If they used the money they save by making the pads a little smaller and then stitching the edge, perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by xoxmissjxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews for this cotton on Makeup Alley, I decided to ask the SA at Shiseido for some samples - I just HAD to see what the hype was about...

And boy did these cotton pads not only met my expectations - they exceeded them! I did not know facial cotton could be this soft. I've been using the regular cotton balls from my local Target and didn't really mind them but now that I've used Shiseido's facial cottons, the regular ones feel like sandpaper on my skin! ok not so much sandpaper...but you get the point.

They feel like clouds on my skin...and allows me to use less of the product since they are thinner and don't completely soak it up. I'm sure these will last me a while - I agree that it is better to cut it in half b/c you really don't need the whole one.