MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 8/2/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

I got this blush base on the hype n how pretty it looked in the pan. At first this blush was just "ok" to me, nothing special and i hardly reach for it. I wanted to try it out with my new Sephora Professionnel Mineral Powder Brush #45. What a difference! I really like this blush now. It gives me a nice flush look to my cheek. Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I just received this in a swap and I LOVE it!! Sure, it's not natural looking, but that's why I adore it so much! It's super pigmented, and gives this amazing, doll-like glow to my cheeks. When I swatched this, I was afraid it might be a bit too light for my NC45 skintone, but I was pleasantly proven wrong. I absolutely love the healthy, dolly flush it gives my cheeks. This would look great with a neutral eye and lip! I cannot wait to wear this out!

on 7/25/2010 8:17:00 AM

The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because these last forever! I love this in the winter when I'm pale and in the summer, I apply it after my bronzer. It's a wonderful pink. Not too light or chalky!

on 7/25/2010 6:49:00 AM

Just a gorgeous fuschia pink shimmer blush and one of my favorite pink blushes. I'm a NC20 - 25 and the more sheertone, natural blushes such as Well Dressed just doesn't show any color on my cheeks. Fairly pigmented and so one shouldn't be too heavy handed with this. But otherwise, gorgeous color!

on 7/24/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Gorgeous bright pink blush with slight shimmer. It's definitely unique! It looks like a reddish-pink on my cheeks, like apple colored. Finely milled, smooth to apply, long lasting. Looks beautiful on my NW25-30 skin. Definite repurchase!

on 7/12/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those shades you either love or hate. and i LOVE it! i was def afraid of this when i seen it in the pan but after swatching it on my hand it was so soft and sheer and blendable, i knew i had to have it. i been wearing it for a week now and it is my new favorite blush. i could wear this in the summer or winter it can go with everything. for reference i am NC25 (maybe a little darker now since i have tanned) and when using a light hand this shade suits my skintone perfectly. i also have some red in my skin and this does not accentuate it at all. I will keep buying this one!

on 7/10/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I searched for the perfect blush during 4 months, and I'm glad I've found "dollymix". This one is now my favorite shimmy blush for the summer. It's not glittering but just a little shimmering and gives me a healthy glow. I really liked it and buy it again. I recommend this product to every woman with a fair skin and who wants a doll like cheeks. This also can be really nice on a dark skin too...
I also think to combine&blend it with the "pink swoon".

on 7/6/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I would def recommend Dollymix or Pink Swoon for anyone looking for a bright pop of color to their cheeks. I am very fair Asian and find this works create for me. I think it is all in the application to get that perfect glowy look without looking like a doll. Use an angled blush brush, tap off the excess, and tap it on the apples of your cheeks. Then buff in the color with your brush.

It is a Sheertone Shimmer so the color is easy to work with and build. It looks much darker and louder in the pan than it does on the cheeks as long as you know how to apply it.

Other reviewers compared it to NARS Angelika, but it is nothing like Angelika because it is a Sheertone Shimmer. Angelika is almost too pigmented and very hard to work with. The Sheertone Shimmer formulation makes Dollymix much easier to work with and build the color.

I generally only wear light pinks like Well Dressed so this was a great cheek color for me to branch into.

For reference I am NC40/42 south asian skin
most of my blushes have been in hues of coral or brown. Dollymix is my first pink blush. I like how it looks on my skin - as if i just had a beer. Product is highly pigmented, so use a light hand when putting it on. If you've south asian with olive skin this would be a nice pink to use if you're not used to using pink. don't let the intensity of the colour in the pan scare you.
UPDATE: I'm taking away one lippie for the crap packaging. the clear top has come off!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Thought I would love Dollymix since so many with my NC40 skintone do, but I hated it! It was just too reddish and bright for me. If you have any bit of pink in ur skin, this blush gives the look of sunburned pinky red cheeks. I ended up selling it. It's a def a shade to test before buying.

Top Rated MAC Products