MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 10/13/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like I like! Though darker than I thought it would be. From photos it simply looked purple but on my lips it's dark purple. I also thought it would be more pigmented that it actually is. However it's still quite purpley, almost a 'safe' purple in my book! It isn't over the top - unless you go swipe mad of course! ;-) It has a creamy consistency and it's not drying at all. Actually, after wiping it off my lips they felt very moisturised. One thing, it does make your teeth look slightly on the yellowy side. Dayyyym, I hate that about certain lip colours! Anyhow, I think this would look great on all skin colours, especially the paler types and people with brown eyes. Hope this helps someone! :-)

This lipstick must be one of my absolute all-time favourites, I LOVE IT!! Its texture is light, not too creamy and doesnt sneak out your lips, creating that horrid feathered look. The colour is great, mysterious and can be worn with little makeup for a simple-yet-look-at-me finish or a deep dramatic one with smoky or cat eyes.

Enjoy!

on 9/11/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lipstick. Amplified is my favorite finish and I find it so easy to wear. Creamy and bright but doesn't dry out your lips. Up The Amp is a very magenta purple. I really wanted something more lavender and pastel, but ended up with this. It looks quite dark on me because I'm so pale. I've got to be careful I dont look to gothy with this one! I'm NC20. Love to wear this lightly buffed on to my cheeks with a 190 brush too.

on 8/31/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A Must Have for those of us who love a BOLD lip. The name says it all.
I am an NW45 and this was recommended to me by one of the Mac MUA and she said to use magenta lip pencil first then current lip pencil and fill in with Up The Amp. All I can say is WOW!!! I was receiving compliments from strangers before I could leave the store. I would describe this as an Industrial-Strength Lavender.
If you are looking for that special POP for your lips, I suggest Up the Amp. But Beware, this color is very intense, not for the faint of heart.

on 8/16/2011 11:09:00 PM

I love this color! Its the perfect purple on me, not in your face and not dull. Very creamy and smooth. I would buy it again. MAC lipstick is the best there is!!

on 7/7/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I bought Revlon Berry Haute first. I liked it and everyone said it was a dupe for Up The Amp. It's not. I went to MAC to buy something else and saw Up The Amp in person. I bought it immediately. When I got home I swatched them both and Up The Amp is more intense. Not to mention it feels better on the lip. I had to darken it up with some random puple liner I have and it came out perfect. I didn't need gloss or anything over it.
UPDATE: Okay. I used Nightmoth liner and Revlon Lilac Pastelle and it was hotttttt!

on 6/30/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I thought this was going to be an amped-up version of faux - still in the vibrant blue-pink family, just with more purple undertones. Up the Amp, however, is straight up purple. Like bright, glowing, radioactive purple. I was horrified when I first put in on my lips and promptly packed it back up to return, but then I decided to give it another chance by mixing it with other products. Since I have yet to find a use for my VG Gaga II (much too pale for my NW15 skin) I put on a coat of that, lightly blotted, and then swiped on Up the Amp. Lovely! It's the color I thought I was getting - a bright, milky pink lavender. So while I'm not a fan of lipsticks that don't work for me right out of the tube, I'm keeping it after all, if only because now I have a purpose for my Gaga II!

on 6/25/2011 10:26:00 PM

This lipstick has a great soft, creamy texture. Really comfortable to wear. I would not purchase this color again as its too purple for me. I would however buy the brand, just in a different color.

Up the Amp is a purple pink. It tends to look more pinkish than purple on me. It especially pops when I apply the dazzleglass in "Money Honey" over top of it. Gives it wow factor and everyone compliments it :)

on 5/30/2011 9:26:00 PM

I love this. It's an Amplified Creme and their textures are really smooth and feel good on the lips. I don't like purple lips believe me, but this looks good applied the right way. I apply one coat and put a light pink lipgloss on top. It then looks pink with a purple hue rather than sooo purpley. However I love the pinky purple look it gives me once I put the gloss over it. I am Asian and that is a much more flattering way to wear the lipstick. Good product and good staying power.

Popular Lipsticks