November 24, 2014 | 1309 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by dangereux

I love this mask. It's not the best smelling thing in the world, but BOY does it work hard. My face feels amazing afterwards, and the smell doesn't linger. Start with a toner tab steam on your face, do the mask, and then wash it off with the water from the tab, and you will be addicted. It brings all my pimples to the surface so I can pop and treat them (instead of my pimples hanging out under the surface for weeks with intense pressure and redness), and helps out my blackheads. It doesn't remove them completely, but it makes them less noticeable. It also helps balance my skin for a few days afterwards. And fresh ingredients!! It is so worth the buy. I did mark it down in the rating for the smell and the fact that it's not vegan, but I still love it. If it was vegan I'd buy it every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favourite mask. I get occasional acne around the sides of my mouth and sometimes on my chin (hormonal/diet related), and this mask is one of the few products that seems to make much difference to it. It really seems to shrink pimples that are there and to prevent new ones.

I love that it has honey in it. I really like clay masks, but with a lot of them after you've had them on for like 10 minutes suddenly your skin feels like it's going to be sucked off your face! You don't get that with cosmetic warrior.

It is a bit of a pain that it has a use-by date of around 2 weeks from when you purchase it - I find I need to use it around every 3 days just to get through it all. But I've never had any bad effects from using it so frequently.

The smell takes a bit of getting used to - it's not that nice, but also it's not that bad or that strong. For some reason it reminds me of taking my dog to the vet. It smells like a vet. Not like animals, but like the products vets use. Weird I know, but that's what it reminds me of!

Definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by yogurtmonster

I must say I had doubts when I bought this mask because I've used tea tree products before and they tend to leave my skin a bit sore and dry...But I decided to give it a go as I was getting hopeless with the 4 big, red acne on my face (and i thought, if this is gonna leave my skin sore, i can deal with it cuz I've been there and I'm kinda used to it anyway)...

Here's a description of my skin b4 we go any further...It's very sensitive, combination (sometimes more to the oily side and sometimes more to the dry, depending on my diet, the weather & etc). I've been getting pimples/acnes on & off for over 6 years, and if I do get them, they tend to be red and big and would not disappear till at least 2 months later...oh & they'll always leave scars...

Now, when I used this mask for the 1st time, i nearly threw up because of the smell (when i say "nearly", i mean REALLY CLOSE)...Although many say it's the scent of garlic, to me it's not; it smells more like lots of raw eggs (which i absolutely detest) mixed with tea tree oil and honey - well, virtually it is...
I managed to contain myself and left the mask on for 5-10 mins. I then washed it off with warm water. My skin felt clean & fresh, & HYDRATED as well (must be the honey). I noticed that my acnes had calmed down a bit - they were not as red and sore as b4!! I even noticed that the blackheads on my nose were drawn up to the surface & I could easily remove them using an extractor...
I used the mask again the following night (it's not good for skin, i know, don't do this unless you have something important coming up and you desperately wanna look beautiful)...Again, redness reduced significantly and 2 smaller acnes in fact flatted out (I mean, they were GONE! still a little bit red but no bumps inside anymore)..

After that I started using this mask once in 2-3 days (so abt 3-4 times a week). All of my acnes are completely gone now (after 1.5 weeks) which I think is amazing considering how long it used to take to clear up without this mask... What I think is also great is that it really calms skin so it isn't as sore (if any at all) as b4 when i apply moisturizer/sleep/out in the sun etc...

As for the price, i did feel it was a bit expensive when I paid for it, AU$15.95. BUT, I was able to make 7-8 treatments out of this little pot, so when divided down it's about AU$2/treatment which is quite normal - and considering the great result, it's definitely worth it!

I definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the Holy Grail facial mask for me.
I have oily skin with occassional dry patches that turn up now at then.
The first time I used this I went into Lush and I had really bad skin at that point and the SA recommended this. In just a few days I could see my skin clearing up.
The next time I had a really, really bad breakout I got a lot of scarring so I decided to try Brazened Honey. Saw a slight improvement - finished the tub but decided bought Cosmetic Warrior again. And yet again in a few days my skin started clearing up =].
If you have oily skin just give this a go - you never know it might also become your Holy Grail item.
The smell doesn't bother me at all I love it - if you have oily skin and even if the smell puts you off just try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayin26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, this mask smells of garlic, tea tree oil, etc. I love garlic in my food but this mask smells odd, pretty disgusting actually. It has a chunky texture with pieces of garlic and other things in it. The smell and the texture aside, this mask works amazing for my acne ridden, oily, but sensitive skin! It helps to clear up my breakouts & makes my skin less oily for a few days. I've tried the Cupcake Mask, which smells and has the texture of lightly minty brownie batter & the Mask of Magnaminty, which is minty and kind of chunky. Those masks both smell better than this one but they don't do much for my skin. Even though it has a weird smell & texture, I'd highly recommend this mask for those with oily, acne prone skin! It works!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by SimpleDreams17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this item twice. The first time i thought it might work then the second time i thought it just needed a little more time but i have come to realize that it just doesn't work with my skin. I saw no improvement with my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by funkykingston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

You won't like what it smells like, I can tell you that... but you will LOVE what it does to your skin. I got this free because it had gone off it's shelf date (i work at lush) and I have a few spots - used it two days in a row and zing! my face is completely lurker free and soft. I also haven't needed to moisturise for the past week either, it must be the honey! Such a good mask, but i'm going to take one lippy for that horrible scent of garlic. (i'm not a vampire)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It is possible that it calmed my acne a little bit, but I still wont ever buy this again, because of the nauseating smell and consistency! I have never smelled anything like it, and cannot describe it, but I will never forget it... I could hardly use up the package because I never wanted to feel that smell again... I also don't like that it contains eggs, as I prefer not to use animal products. Lush has other masks that works at least as good if not better for acne prone skin, but smells worlds better - like Cupcake!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by paleandinteresting

This mask is really good at clearing up spots. Whenever the spots on my chin get bad I buy some of this and within a few uses my spots are pretty much gone. I have bought this product quite a few times as I think it's great. I guess the downside to this product is that it does not smell very nice, it's almost like wet dog but it's definately worth it for the results! Once you wash the mask off the smell disappears.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

ok. i notice al the negative reviews or based on product texture, smell, shelf life etc. and honesty, i will concede that it has a very pasty, thick, gloopy texture (depends a lot on the batch), it smells strongly of some garlicky concoction, and has limited shelf life ( i still use it after the expiration if i see its still good) and yes it is $5-8. but if a product works, id be willing to pay for its weight in gold and this product works! normally, im not impressed with face masks. ive never really noticed a difference and i never saw how it could make a difference simply bc it just sits on top of your face and then you wash it off, but this changed my facials perception. ive tried the entire lush line of masks- i wanted something to combat my pms breakouts and this does the job. ive tried the chocolate mask (didn't really do anything), cosmetic castrophe (made my skin even toned and whiter), love lettuce (very exfoliating and felt good, but didn't really do anything). but this is by far the best one, im not saying its going to cure your chronic acne, but when i use it once a week it helps prevent and cure the breakouts i do have. thats bc all the ingredients like garlic, tea tree etc are antiseptic treatments known to help keep bacteria under control. i stopped using this for a couple of months and my skin resumed its usual occasional spottiness and after is started on my usual cosmetic warrior regimen again, its started to calm down. if your iffy, at least go to lush and try a sample. but this is the best $8 a month i spend