September 18, 2014 | 1054 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had read recommendations for this color in some fashion magazines as a MLBB color. As many drug stores are having "buy one, get one half off" sales, i picked up "Pink in the Afternoon". My current MLBB color is L'Oreal "Gilded Pink", a warm pink with gold shimmer, but i was hoping to find a MLBB creme to change up my look.

Unfortunately, after trying this on, it turned out not to be a MLBB color for me. "Pink/Afternoon" is an opaque cream in a nice medium-light warm pink. But it turned out to be just enough lighter than my natural lip color to make my mouth look a bit odd. Clearly, for someone with the right coloring, this may well be MLBB.

Revlon and L'Oreal are my favorite DS lipsticks: great range of colors from neutral to high fashion, moist and creamy going on. Yeah, they don't last as long as some HE lipsticks, but at $5 to $7 (US) they're significantly less than the moderate to luxury brands at $14 to $50 or more, and for casual wear i really do like them. So this still gets 4 lippies, even though it isn't the color for me, because it's a good lipstick, and a color i'm sure will work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

I love this lipstick. It's smooth, creamy, and a nice, natural, colour. Has a nice smooth and shiny finish. Much better than the matte lipsticks from Revlon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too cool for my yellow toned Chinese skintone (NARS SG Fiji/Vitalumiere Aqua B20/EL DW Desert Beige).

I also found that this settled into the cracks and flakes of my lips more much than the Colorburst lipsticks (but was this due to formula or mismatch of shade?), which made it stick out even more.

I agree that it's a lovely pink however and would probably suit a lot of other people, but not me - in fact it's probably all pinks that don't suit me sadly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeah, so this has quickly become my HG lipstick. I purchased it for $5 including shipping on eBay after reading all the wonderful reviews, and I'm so glad I did! The color looks absolutely AMAZING with my blonde hair and blue eyes (although I can see it being universally flattering as well). It's a bright pinky-peach (more on the pink side), but not at all garish. It does apply rather dry, so I like to top it with NARS chihuahua lip gloss. Beautiful color. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Upon receiving my driving license a million years ago, I donned my pink leather driving gloves, drove myself to Kmart and bought a "Driving Lipstick" - L'Oreal's Pink Tranquilo. This is pretty much that - a very bright (but not neon) creme/matte pink with peach in it. It isn't particularly flattering on me, but don't let that dissuade you. Below reviewer is correct in saying that it makes lips look very dry. Mine tend that way no matter what. If yours do not and you would like a powdery finish shrimp lip color (remember Cover Girl Lip Powders?), get this. I think on the gal with the right insouciant mood, this would be A-1. 16 year old me really wanted to be her.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by honeybb

Must agree completely with previous reviewer 1017. The color is peachy-awful, and the texture is thick and grainy. On me, on moisturized lips, I found it impossible to get a light swipe, it only allows for a heavy coating, and it makes my lips appear kind of dry-almost crusty, even though they are not. The only thing keeping this lipstick from the old ladies who might wear it is a frost, but it is matte. Somehow it is still not right on me. I bought it 30 minutes ago and i can't wait to return it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by 1017

1988 called, they want their lipstick back. Seriously, this looks and feels just like my first lipstick ever in 8th grade. I am astounded by the good reviews. This lipstick looked NOTHING like the soft pink loveliness shown in these pictures. The texture was awful and the color is painfully dated. I know some 80's fashions are back, but I can't wear the same shade lipstick I wore in 1988! I felt like I was in the cast of Saved by the Bell. I can't return this fast enough. I am NW20, rosey pigmented lips, black/brown hair, brown eyes. The only other woman I have seen wear a color like this recently is the 60 yr old woman at the gym with dyed bright blonde hair, plastic surgery and botox everywhere. This looks decent in the pics here, but on me...dated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG!!! This is such a georgeous lipstick!!! It's a creamy soft light pink maybe expected to be for blondies, but soooooo cute in brunettes as well. I've nothing bad to say about it. It's pretty, moisturizing, with a really nice lasting power and very cheap!!!
I got it after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's 'cause I fell in love with Holly. I heard this was the one she could be wearing and I do agree 'cause I found a Revlon's vintage poster which showed this lipstick packaging during 50s and...it was the one she uses in the movie!!! I think it can fits everybody and it looks beautiful paired with green eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I never thought I'd gravitate toward lighter, milky pinks, but this is such a beautiful, happy color. Rumored to have been worn, inspired by (or perhaps even created for) Audrey Hepburn, Pink in the Afternoon is soft, demure and subtle, yet still makes impact. It's not shimmery or sheer, nor is it matte and prone to dryness - it's creamy and opaque, it wears well and glides on easily. Worn alone I feel almost mod, and I prefer wearing it this way; worn with a bit of gloss (either clear, sheer pink or champagne) it's somewhat sexier. Very pretty!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect neutral pink for my NC15ish complexion and I'm totally in love with it. I should have purchased this a long time ago! It goes great with all the colors in the UD naked palette and it's a lovely coral-pink. I do wear my favorite lipbalm underneath for revlon lipsticks have the tendency to be drying on my lips without it. High quality revlon formula and the kind of color I'd expect to pay alot more money for. Highly recommend!