December 19, 2014 | 797 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With my red hair and fair complexion this particular shade from Revlon looked obnoxious on me. It was reminded me of a retro bright pink-peach lipstick. I enjoy bright lipsticks, but this made my lips look like they could glow in the dark. Additionally I found the texture grainy and it left my lips feeling very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

If I could only have one lipstick with me, I'd definitely choose this one. For a girl who is just venturing into the womanly realm of lipsticks, this is not too grown-up, yet still retains a sophisticated touch and never fails to make me feel pretty and confident when I wear this.

Texture-wise, it is indeed a lil' gritty, a little too thick? You might end up looking older if you apply too much. I always apply this to the centre of my lips, smudge it with my finger and lightly blot. Oh, apply lip balm after that if needed. Just a few dabs of lipbalm should do the trick if your lips are feeling a tad dry.

The colour's just so beautiful and really flatters my NC 25-30 Asian skintone (I'm fair but very slight yellow tones). I like it more than MAC's Fanfare Cremesheen Lipstick actually. It's a lil' lighter than my lip colour, but a beautiful, chic neutral pink that so reminds me of a Parisian lady standing by a fountain nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Remember the last scene of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? You see an "it girl" with a glamorous raincoat, ballet flats and a sleek ponytail. You think how you could look like her. Yes, you own a raincoat, same kind of shoes and, if you spend enough time, you can arrange the hairstyle. But there must be something that you miss...
Wake up! It's the make up. A light cover for your face that could transform every girl from kitch to chic.
How can you achieve Holly/Audrey look? It couldn't be easier!
You need transparent powder, soft smokey eyes (brown or grey doesn't matter), green or blue eyeliner blended with black one and rosy blush. Don't forget a generous hand of lenghtening mascara.
And voilà, the last magic touch! A gorgeous lipstick, called "Pink in the afternoon", right to make your lips fuller.
Apply it lightly because it's pasty and you don't want to look like your old aunt.
Unfortunately you may not end up looking exactly like Holly if you don't have a wet cat!

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Alas!
It's gorgeous, yes. It is so 50's chic! And it's so very Audrey. But I couldn't pull it off.
My complexion, especially now after a long Chicago winter, is just too cool/neutral and is fighting with this beautiful bright, warm pink.
The cream finish unfortunately doesn't help me. Yes, it glides on and feels great, but it shows every line and crack of my 32-year-old lips, and it makes the color issue even more pronounced.
So many women love this shade, and I truly wish it worked for me. Perhaps with a tan it would be better—or if my skin were a little more fair/porcelain so there was a stronger contrast. Ahh, well. I'll leave it for Audrey!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by coffeeprincess709

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG lipstick in the summer. It's a perfect nude pink for medium skin colors. It has no glitters and lasts up to 4-5 hours. The texture is creamy and very moisturizing. This is always in my makeup bag and I don't know what I would do without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had read recommendations for this color in some fashion magazines as a MLBB color. As many drug stores are having "buy one, get one half off" sales, i picked up "Pink in the Afternoon". My current MLBB color is L'Oreal "Gilded Pink", a warm pink with gold shimmer, but i was hoping to find a MLBB creme to change up my look.

Unfortunately, after trying this on, it turned out not to be a MLBB color for me. "Pink/Afternoon" is an opaque cream in a nice medium-light warm pink. But it turned out to be just enough lighter than my natural lip color to make my mouth look a bit odd. Clearly, for someone with the right coloring, this may well be MLBB.

Revlon and L'Oreal are my favorite DS lipsticks: great range of colors from neutral to high fashion, moist and creamy going on. Yeah, they don't last as long as some HE lipsticks, but at $5 to $7 (US) they're significantly less than the moderate to luxury brands at $14 to $50 or more, and for casual wear i really do like them. So this still gets 4 lippies, even though it isn't the color for me, because it's a good lipstick, and a color i'm sure will work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

I love this lipstick. It's smooth, creamy, and a nice, natural, colour. Has a nice smooth and shiny finish. Much better than the matte lipsticks from Revlon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too cool for my yellow toned Chinese skintone (NARS SG Fiji/Vitalumiere Aqua B20/EL DW Desert Beige).

I also found that this settled into the cracks and flakes of my lips more much than the Colorburst lipsticks (but was this due to formula or mismatch of shade?), which made it stick out even more.

I agree that it's a lovely pink however and would probably suit a lot of other people, but not me - in fact it's probably all pinks that don't suit me sadly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeah, so this has quickly become my HG lipstick. I purchased it for $5 including shipping on eBay after reading all the wonderful reviews, and I'm so glad I did! The color looks absolutely AMAZING with my blonde hair and blue eyes (although I can see it being universally flattering as well). It's a bright pinky-peach (more on the pink side), but not at all garish. It does apply rather dry, so I like to top it with NARS chihuahua lip gloss. Beautiful color. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Upon receiving my driving license a million years ago, I donned my pink leather driving gloves, drove myself to Kmart and bought a "Driving Lipstick" - L'Oreal's Pink Tranquilo. This is pretty much that - a very bright (but not neon) creme/matte pink with peach in it. It isn't particularly flattering on me, but don't let that dissuade you. Below reviewer is correct in saying that it makes lips look very dry. Mine tend that way no matter what. If yours do not and you would like a powdery finish shrimp lip color (remember Cover Girl Lip Powders?), get this. I think on the gal with the right insouciant mood, this would be A-1. 16 year old me really wanted to be her.