April 19, 2014 | 936 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I never thought I'd gravitate toward lighter, milky pinks, but this is such a beautiful, happy color. Rumored to have been worn, inspired by (or perhaps even created for) Audrey Hepburn, Pink in the Afternoon is soft, demure and subtle, yet still makes impact. It's not shimmery or sheer, nor is it matte and prone to dryness - it's creamy and opaque, it wears well and glides on easily. Worn alone I feel almost mod, and I prefer wearing it this way; worn with a bit of gloss (either clear, sheer pink or champagne) it's somewhat sexier. Very pretty!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect neutral pink for my NC15ish complexion and I'm totally in love with it. I should have purchased this a long time ago! It goes great with all the colors in the UD naked palette and it's a lovely coral-pink. I do wear my favorite lipbalm underneath for revlon lipsticks have the tendency to be drying on my lips without it. High quality revlon formula and the kind of color I'd expect to pay alot more money for. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by floralbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A VERY NICE peachy/coral-y pink lipstick. A lot of people said this colour seems like something a 50's/60's colour. I was kind of scared to purchase this colour for that reason but I am so HAPPY I did in the end. I looked for swatches and read reviews before buying.

Pros: This colour goes VERY WELL with my complexion! The first couple of times I wore this I got so many compliments on how nice the colour looked on me!
Creme finish. No shimmers or anything
Cheap: On sale for $3.99 CAD

Cons: Because it is a creme finish it is not the most moisturizing lipstick out there. However even with my dry to sometimes very dry cracked peeled lips I didn't have much problems with it. Instead of gliding it on, I gently dab it, concentrating most of the colour on the center of my lips and "smack lips together" and the colour distributes evenly. Of course I always apply a lip blam before using a lipstick so therefore I don't experience much dryness if any.

I LOVE this colour and Definitely will repurchase once it goes on sale! I took off 1 lippie because of the moisturizing factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice creamy pink. The color is actually slightly darker than I thought it would be, but the packaging makes viewing it difficult. The best part is that it's moisturizing and doesn't get cakey. Lasts for a while, but like any lipstick, it will rub off very easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I originally purchased this lipstick because supposedly it is the shade that Audrey Hepburn wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Being that I love Audrey so much I wanted this to mimick her look in the movie. I have light olive skin and this is such a pretty creamy pink on me. I love this with a very natural makeup look (just mascara, blush and this lipstick) or with a glamorous look like a dramatic cat eye. This lipstick is moisturizing as it is a cream and doesn't give a matte effect. I like wearing a gloss over it for a different effect. Overall, for $6 this lipstick is a gorgeous pink and I could see it being flattering on a lot of different skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sarnrse

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this lipstick for decades. I was surprised to see how many comments there were about Pink in the Afternoon being the perfect Audrey Hepburn color. She wore this color in a Revlon ad when I was a teenager. I don't know if it was specifically created for her or not, but the name "Pink in the Afternoon" is a takeoff on one of her movies "Love in the Afternoon" which makes me wonder if it was specifically formulated for her. In any event, it's the perfect pink color - apparently for a great many more people than just me.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pink that doesn't shout pink. Perfect for wearing to the office without looking overdone. I also like the packaging- it has a sexy retro feel.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a wonderful neutral to warm pink colour, just the pink i've been looking for. I like warm shades better because I'm so yellow toned, cool shades can sometimes make me look like a street hooker. This colour has got the perfect blend of pink with some rosiness, if your lips are modernly pigmented i think this would make a good MLBB shade for you, but because I don't have much pigmentation in my lips, this colour adds a pop of pink and brights up my whole face, without looking overly done. However it can sometimes pull a little cool toned on me for some reason, so i like to pair it with a pinky nude lip gloss. This lipstick wears so comfortable on the lips, it's creamier than rimmel lasting finish lipsticks, but not so creamier that they literally bend over in the tube as you apply pressure. It does not feel drying on the lips but it will not moisturize if your lips are already chapped. Overall, this is definitely a must have shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hello Audrey Hepburn! I love this color. It's a cool, creamy light pink. Wear it with false lashes, and a sleek bun. And on your way home have some breakfast at Tiffanys.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Pretty hot pink color on my lips and goes well with my nc30 skintone. I like to apply this in a sheer layer as a light lip tint for the day and build up the layers for a night look. I love having products that are so versatile! (: would def recommend to my mua friends

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No