NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 11/1/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really do like this bronzer. I have naturally fair skin, but I always wear fake tan. Since I've been using this product, I've not had to put fake tan on my face as this bronzer is a lovely colour for fair skin - it's not orange at all, but a really lovely tan colour. It also sits nicely over my foundation in that it doesn't look "caked" on

I hate that look!

on 10/30/2013 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I know they say that elf has a dupe... I used to own it but have no idea where my blush bronzer duo is anymore... may have to purchase just to confirm this claim!! HAHA

Anyway I know this is incredibly expensive... I got a sample in a Sephora favorites set with orgasm blush.. I love this bronzer.. it is so natural to me... It goes on like a dream, very blendable and the little satin shimmers BARELY show... like I can't even tell...

I will purchase the elf one and see how they compare... but let me tell you if you BRONZE like crazy... this may be the place to splurge in your makeup arsenal!!

on 10/28/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful bronzer! It is so natural, I can use it all over and it just makes me look like I am glowing, no real skintone just an all over glowing effect. I not a greasy looking glow either. I use this almost like setting powder. I will use this all year long! A definite must have for all! HHH, Mac C40, GA 6.5, Becca Honey. Light tan olive skintone.

This bronzer is great, but I only use it for contouring. It's almost matte brown, and contours my cheeks (and crooked nose) nicely. I may search for something more matte, but this lasts most of the day, and looks natural. It may not be worth the hunt for something better.

on 9/26/2013 4:28:00 AM

I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and unfortunately, Laguna doesn't work too well on me. It doesn't show up well if I dust on a little bit. However, if I put on too much, it DOES read orange (which made for a very unfortunate graduation picture...). I've had this for 2 years and tried numerous ways to use it, and I have a certification in makeup artistry (it was just a 3 month course), so I don't think I was applying this too ineptly, but I cant make it work... it's a shame cos i love NARS and i really did want to like this.... but definitely not repurchasing, and have been using benefit's hoola instead. :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the best bronzing powder I have ever tried. It is not too dark, not orange, not too sparkly or shiny.

on 9/17/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this bronzer in a duo, along with the Orgasm blush. Laguna by Nars lasts all day long and is easily blendable. The colour is just not right for me. I have a light golden complexion and Laguna looks really orange on me. Actually, it has a nice and natural colour when I apply it but the colour "turns" troughout the day. I start the day looking sun-kissed and I end up with some Oompa-Loompa contouring.

on 9/11/2013 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I should not compare this product to a Chanel -- but I will. The Nars Laguna bronzer is a finely milled, delicate bronzing powder which has worked well for me (NC15 MAC ) for a long time.

I recently cheated on my Laguna with Chanel's Les Beiges -- which I chose a #30. I admit that I threw my money away. Les Beiges is a very inferior product. It is touted as a "glow" .. healthy, bronzey, bla bla bla. It does not do either the glow or the bronzey well.

if you want a good bronzer for lighter skin's go with Laguna. No orange, no mud, no grey.. just a soft natural bronzey glow .. yes, it glows in a subtle way. Healthy and natural looking.

no comparison on price either. Chanel has become a rip off recently in most of it's collections.

I still hate NARS casing though.

on 9/11/2013 7:22:00 PM

My very first bronzer! I love how it blends so smoothly and looks so natural although Im very fair. Also it is not shommery like most bronzer which is a great plus for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just recently gotten into using bronzers in about the last year or so. I have tried several and most always looked muddy, orange or totally unnatural on my light skin. I used to use NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny which was okay and got the job done without any of the above mentioned issue but I still wasn't happy.
I first tried Laguna in the Laguna/Orgasm duo from NARS so I could try both products without committing to buying them separately at the chance I didn't like them. Laguna has totally changed my opinion about bronzers. It isn't orange on me at all, if anything, it has a slightly yellow bronze undertone which looks more realistic on me. It isn't completely matte but it also doesn't have shimmer or glitter. It has what I would call a natural finish and looks like skin when applied. I think some matte bronzers are overly matte and look more fake than anything. Laguna is perfect for most skin tones... if you are a deep skin tone, I think NARS has another bronzer called Casino, maybe look at that one.
I use a Real Techniques Contour brush to apply just below my cheekbones, along my temples and jawline, a little under my chin, down my neck and whatever is left on the brush I swipe across my forehead, nose and cheeks to warm up my face.
I didn't believe the hype around this product which is why it took me so long to purchase it but I sure believe it now. I use it every day and will definitely use this side of the duo up before Orgasm.
Laguna blends nicely, it goes on a little sheer but I don't mind as it allows more control of how dramatic of a look you are going for. Another product I love from NARS.
As I always mention, I love NARS products and don't mind paying the money for them but I do acknowledge they are pricey. Also their packaging is a magnet for fingerprints and will get dirty in your makeup bag. Just wipe it off with a makeup wipe and it'll look good as new.

Popular Bronzers