MAC Russian Red

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave this product a 5/5 because of the color, it's a beautiful red with blue undertones which is very flattering for everyone as blue undertones make your teeth look whiter. It is the matte formula which can be quite drying yet not as drying as their retro matte formula (ruby woo), so I suggest you to apply some moisturizing lip balm before applying it to your lips. But this is my favorite red lipstick of all time and it's almost a necessity to have in your make up collection, so if you're looking for a matte red lipstick this is the lipstick for you.

on 8/12/2013 9:23:00 AM

My HG red lipstick. I wear lip balm underneath it, because it can be drying after a long wear. Russian Red suits me better, which is what I chose over Ruby Woo. I also don't have to swipe on too much because it is highly pigmented.

on 8/1/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was one of my first MAC lippies many years ago and is still my favorite. Perfect blue based red lipstick. I love that its a matte finish and the lasting power is perf! This is my HG red lipstick and that will never change...I have tried many but none compare to russian red. I still have my LE wonder woman russian red in its packaging for my collection. I have went through so many russian reds its ridiculous lol

on 7/28/2013 9:01:00 PM

This is a beautiful blue based red.
It's matte, so it is kind of drying. I would suggest exfoliating your lips and making sure they are conditioned well before using this. I also think a lip liner is needed to get a really defined and perfect red lip. This is PERFECT for anyone who's into the rockabilly/pinup look.
If you're looking for a cheaper option that is similar I would suggest revlons matte lipstick in 'Really red'

on 7/25/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amazing classic red!

on 7/23/2013 2:53:00 AM

This is my HG red lipstick (HE wise) and there's not much to say other than its a perfect matte red for my skintone. I will repurchase this for as long as I can.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a fantastic lipstick - probably the best matte red lipstick ever. I wore this with MAC Kiss Me Quick lipliner (as suggested by one of the girls at the MAC counter) and it lasted ALL DAY. No joke. A lot of people say this lipstick is drying because of the matte texture but I didn't really experience anything like that. I've never had a lipstick last this long on me, and I got a ton of compliments on it when I wore it! I'm in love.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this lipstick so much! very good staying power!! amazing on my fair asian skin tone. It's really matte and doesn't transfer at all.good quality!! I will definitely repurchase it!

on 7/2/2013 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

My holy grail, my go-to red lipstick, called it whatever you want. This lipstick is absolutely amazing. With my light blond hair and fair skin it really makes my face Pop, with a capital letter P! The matte finish is really gorgeous with the color. Just add a little mascara and you're good to go.

The bright red color with blue undertones, surprisingly, really seems fit to me, even though my skintone is really yellowish and warm. Also the lasting power is fantastic. It's so pigmented that it even survives a cup of noodles, which is really greasy and most lipsticks disappear where Russian Red stays. But the lipstick being really pigmented can be a con as well: it tends to dry out my lips throughout the day. But there's nothing a little bit of Burt's Bees lipbalm can't solve. Plus, it fades away in an even way, so at the end of the day you won't look like you've used red lipliner over your natural lips. It's doesn't turn pink or orange either and stays true to its color the entire day.

Also, it's the first lipstick ever that I have (almost) finished. After 1,5 years there's nothing left but a little stub. When I go to America I would definitly make use of Back to Mac to get my second one. I would heavily recommend this!

on 7/1/2013 9:07:00 PM

One of my HG red lippies! I prefer Russian Red to Ruby Woo, which is a little drying. Lovely red classic colour. I apply it with either a lipbalm or a chapstick before applying.

Popular Lipsticks