September 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects-Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by jelena14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has been my staple for the last six years. It doesn't annoy my skin (sensitive) and gives me an instant glow! It dramatically improves my skin tone and texture the moment I put it on. It does not do much for wrinkles/crows feet as it is meant to prevent and not cure the signs of aging. I absolutely love this thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by amystar

This is a great night moisturiser. It didnt cause blemishes and there is a very very light fragrance, a plasticy smell, but it is nothing to worry about. I detest moisturisers that smell like i have rubbed flowers all over my face. In the morning, it makes my face look fresh and my skin feels smooth and relaxed. There are more expensive moisturisers out there that do less. I don't believe in the anti-aging claims but I will definately buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by fernnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin that often becomes sensitive and dry by daily usage of acne treatments like Differin. I've almost finished my second bottle now and will most definitely purchase again. What I noticed immediately was that after application, my skin looks more even-toned and softer. Definitely my acne marks have lightened much more quickly then before. The real test was when I ran out of it and decided to substitute for a week with Cetaphil moisturiser and Neutogena sunblock. My skin immediately got irritated and I started breaking out. I quickly got this again and the problems were resolved in a few days. I also like the fact that it makes my powder foundation adhere better to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has been great for me. I have combination acne-prone skin, so it's hard to find a balance between dry and oily. This moisturizer does a good job of keeping my face moisturized and smooth without breaking me out or making me an oil slick. As far as the whole anti-aging aspect, haven't noticed any improvements. Bottom line, a good non-greasy moisturizer for combo or acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JomarieB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this product - and this is not something that I will say very often! I truly don't think that there can be many people who have skin more sensitive than mine - I have had to be referred to a doctor on numerous occasions due to VERY severe allergic reactions (I have been house bound for days with swollen eyes and scales). I am allergic to Origins, Clarins and Estee Lauder to name but a few expensive brands.

However, this is the first cream (other than boring E45 cream and almost as boring Avene) that I haven't been allergic to in years. It smoothes on like silk, keeps my skin blemish free and leaves me glowing. Granted, the glowing effect does not last all day long, but the over all texture and condition of my skin is greatly improved. This has meant so much to me! This cream has really calmed my skin down and I am now able to wear foundation makeup and even blusher. Moreover, I saw results in the first few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by phredd4

I agree with one of the reviewers below about using this at night. When I use this at night I wake up with the most gorgeous complexion. I wake up with even toned skin that I have never experienced before with ANY product. However, I've learned that it is a product that seems to lose it's effectivness after a week or two of continued use so I use it on and off during the year. Once I start using it again, the beautiful even glow reappears! I'm thinking maybe my facial skin is soaking up all those vitamins initially and then maxes out on it? I have no idea how it works. I only know that it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by kris982

I bought this product mainly because I was sick of spending $50++ on moisturizers and hoped this would work just as well. Honestly, this is a great moisturizer and reduces flakes & dryness. However, it never fully absorbs and by mid-day, my face ended up really greasy and shiny. Also, there was a recent study that while Olay's marketing claims it "fights 7 signs of aging," there really isn't any scientific proof that it actually does. I think I'm going to try Mario Badescu next.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by lpick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this moisturizer is amazing! It is the only one I've ever tried that does not annoy my sensitive skin. I have had cheeks that resemble the surface of the moon, yet with just one use of this they calmed down dramatically. My whole face is smooth and bump free (unusual for my sensitive skin). In the winter I use it AM and PM less often in the summer. I tend to have normal to combo skin in summer and normal to slightly dry skin in winter. I am so impressed with what it has done for my skin I went out and bought several bottles BEFORE they "reformulate" it!:( I also love it for my neck and upper chest. Really smooths my skin texture there too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Like the reviewer before me, this left a white cast on my skin and did not absorb well immediately. I only use it at night, so it's not a big problem for me, but if you wanted to use it during the day I would not recommend this cream. Also, I found the texture to be quite thick and sticky, and therefore hard to rub smoothly on my face. I always feel that I am damaging my skin by tugging and pulling at it when I put on face cream. From the pump dispenser I thought this would be more of a lotion, but it's thick. As for the effect, my skin is the same as before I started using it - no better, no worse, except for maybe a couple of small breakouts that I attribute to using new products. Not great, but not the worst, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by onlyforkc

I wish I had read some of the reviews on the board before purchasing my Olay Total Effects. I truly wanted to like this product, but it did NOTHING for me. I found that it went on heavy, but didn't absorb into my skin all of the way. It seemed to leave a white paste on my skin that felt more like a mask than a moisturizer. It also broke me out immediately. I would not recommend this product to anybody.