September 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

This is a real coral shade that is so beautifully pigmented! I suggest using a skunk or fan brush for this for a lighter hand, but I also tried it with my normal blush brushes from Clinique and Everyday Minerals, and the results were just as great. Gilda gives my NC25-30ish skin a very nice natural glow since this coral colour is without shimmer, it really looks like I'm naturally blushing. It's easy to build on your skin for a more dramatic look for the evening. The colour is also great under bronzer for a nice glow. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first NARS blush I have ever owned. I was super excited because I have heard all the hype -- and yes the hype is true! The saleswoman picked the color out for me and at first I was a bit hesitent because it looks very bright orange in the pan and I have fair skin and I feel like my face gets easily washed out. However, she put a little bit on my cheeks, eyelids, and above my brows to brighten up my face and I just fell in love right there!!!! It doesn't go on bright or harsh at ALL, yet it is buildable so you can go from a bright, cheery natural day look and then deepen it for a nice evening look, too. It's a true peachy glow and I like the fact it doesn't have shimmer. I have been using it everyday for over a month and haven't even slightly dented the product, so I know it will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by UberCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush sooo much. It's the perfect deep peachy orange to pull a sexy summertime look together. It's my only Nars blush at the moment. I have 3 other MAC blushes and although I really like them as well, this blush has gotten to be my summertime staple. I'm NC43 and it looks awesome with my tanned skin. It is very luxurious. Goes on very smooth, not powdery at all. Blends like a dream. Definitely HG for the summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by renemy

This is my first Nars blush and now I finally know what everyone's been raving about. I still think that blush should not be this expensive, but this is truely a high quality blush. Extremely pigmented and soft. I use either a skunk or a single dab of a normal blush brush and blend. I'm NC25/30 and extremely yellow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i dont like this ony my NC25-30 skin. i look dirty and i think it is too cool for me since i have strong yellow tone. i really wanted to love this because it doesnt have any shimmer which i really look for all blushes out there. i have no choice but to swap this for another nars blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

I love this blush. It looks perfectly natural on my tan skin, and that is exactly the look I'm going for. Great quality, great pigmentation. I have a medium brown skintone with golden undertones, I'm about an NC30, I'd say, and this blush is my natural blush. I think the key for all Nars blushes is to not use a heavy hand. If you're heavy handed, it'll look too bright. You need a very light hand, or maybe just a mac 187 or skunk brush, to help with the blending. .I barely tap my brush into the pan, I don't even swipe my brush across the pan, just a gentle *tap* once onto the surface, and that's enough blush for one cheek. The way I apply this one is by starting at the apple of my cheek and blushing upward. The rubberized packaging can get little stuff stuck to it, but I think it still looks very sleek and professional, and when I'm paying 25 dollars for a blush, I expect a certain degree of quality. It doesn't come with a brush, but I think it's for the best, as it keeps the packaging sleek and compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think Nars is very over rated, however it is still a good blush, Gilda was my 1st, swapped for it and was excited to try, the colour is bright coral and very pigmented, it looks ok in the pan but personally for me once applied looked orange!! VERY orange, didn't like it at all!! So i swapped it away for Taos, will review Taos once it gets here....
I did however find that this is similar to MAC melba and some how i like that better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Lisainsf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC Peaches vs. NARS Gilda: I bought these two blushes at around the same time, not knowing how similar they were. To look at them in the packaging, they are nearly identical, with Gilda being slightly darker and more reddish. Peaches is very sheer and natural looking on me, though not as natural as a more subdued peach such as MAC Cheek (alas, it's discontinued). All the Sheertone blushes are sufficiently pigmented AND so easy to blend-- if it comes out a little to bright, you just add another color or some powder on top. You can always adjust to get the intensity of color that you want. While Peaches is not my all time favorite blush, it is a very good color for a medium or olive complexion that needs the proverbial "POP" of color. Gilda was a disappointment in that it was SO bright and pigmented, I wanted to take it off immediately. Not impossible to blend, but It seems like too much work to have to blend such a neon-bright blush. (Swapped it away after one try.) In NARS blushes, I prefer the warmer Passion, a truly perfect color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Karine04

I'm a cool-toned NW20ish/Alima C-1/EM Fair Cool with brown hair and brown eyes. This blush is probably warm-toned, but it still works really well on my skin! It somehow brightens up my face. It looks orange in the pan, but more peach/coral on skin. Gilda is the only NARS blush that I own, but I know that they are all quite pigmented - this one is no exception! It's easy to overdo it, but I use a light hand. I've gotten many compliments on this blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sed_non_satiata

This blush gives a gorgeous matte reddy-corally flush. It's lovely on pale-medium skin and gives a very pretty glow, although I wouldn't say it's entirely natural. This is highly concentrated so you must apply with a light hand, and it's quite easy to over-do. Otherwise, this is a beautiful blush to add to your blush collection - you definitely don't need this though if you have the SB Blush Palette in Samba though.